Sanndra

K1 visa and spent time together in person

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

i had met my fiance (now husband) only for 10 days before applying for K1. i had the same worries you do but everything went smoothly and without any problems at all. the consuls know that it's difficult for 2 people who live so far apart from each other to meet too often because of their jobs and other factors. the romanian consulate is not difficult at all, i never heard of anyone being denied K1 or CR1 visa unless maybe there was something wrong with their papers or the relationship was fake (they somehow know when you lie).

so meeting for a little time before applying for the visa shouldn't be something to worry about. take care!

No Romanian Consulate will have anything to do with this process. The interview will be at the US Embassy in Romania by a US Consular Immigrant Visa Unit Consular office. What you haven't heard of could probably fill a decent size library. The same goes for me. headbonk.gif Each case is evaluated based on the totality of circumstances of the individual case.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm sorry. I haven't had my coffee yet. When I first read this I thought it said "K1 Visa and spent time together in prison." :rofl::wacko:

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

No Romanian Consulate will have anything to do with this process. The interview will be at the US Embassy in Romania by a US Consular Immigrant Visa Unit Consular office. What you haven't heard of could probably fill a decent size library. The same goes for me. headbonk.gif Each case is evaluated based on the totality of circumstances of the individual case.

i was just trying to help not to put her down. i was speaking from my own experience. Romania isn't China, a lot less people apply for visa over there. being positive is always better than having negative thoughts. so Sanndra, don't worry you are just fine, trust me!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

i was just trying to help not to put her down. i was speaking from my own experience. Romania isn't China, a lot less people apply for visa over there. being positive is always better than having negative thoughts. so Sanndra, don't worry you are just fine, trust me!

NOBODY here and I do mean NOBODY has any business telling ANYBODY that they will be fine. Each case is evaluated on its own totality of circumstances. They best we can say is that a short visit, is not IN AND OF ITSELF a reason to deny a visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I agree with those urging caution. Saying "you are fine" is not helpful and it is better that a person be a bit nervous and over-prepared than to think that visiting 6 days alone is "OK". Short time together will need to be overcome by additional evidence of relationship.

I would like to add that experiences such as Tbone's, while scary, also indicate that YOU ultimately have control over the outcome with proper and thorough documentation. Others experiences, even at the same consulate, are good for use as a "guide" to give you an idea but as Pushbrk says each case in individual.

For the OP, you have enough for the petition, if possible have your fiance visit one of two times more between now and the interview, make it a priority. Document all your communication well, document preparations he is making for your arrival, etc. If he cannot visit more then try to overcome that weakness in your case (and that is what it is, nothing more, nothing less) with lots f other evidence.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Thx about the help. I agree with that we should spent longer time and it’s not good proof. But my fiance have little kidds and he cares about them, so the only way we could be longer time together it was if i could visit him in USA. If he tries to come it won’t for longer again. I hope the Embassy will understand our case but I know that they usually ask only question and not leave u to explain the situation. I hope they will ask me about the reason and not just say NO … we chat n talk every day so it’s not problem about the other kind of proofs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.