happylove

Epedite fiance visa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi everyone (F)

I was wondering if I could get some opinions please about expediting:

I need hip replacement surgery badly. My fiance and I would like to request expedite if possible. Many days I can barely walk. Since it is a major operation I will need someone (hopefully my fiance!) to be with me before the operation during and after. For a period of time I need to be with someone for 24 hours. Then there is rehabilitation time. I have children, but they are not in a position to give me the care and support that my fiance could with such operation. My surgery is not scheduled yet. It is not an emergency, but it is becoming a desperate situation for me to get this operation done. Incidentally I traveled to the UAE to meet my love in this condition, and it was quite the challenge. But when I was there he took very good care of me.

Also, it has been so frustrating because I have called USCIS several times and each person I talk to gives me a different address and procedure to send expedite forms!!! We don't even know where to send it for sure if we could.

We don't want to make any big mistakes and ask for expedite only to find out everything is delayed.

We would so much appreciate any information about this. Thanks so much and best wishes to all

In order to expedite, you will need to provide the CSC with overwhelming evidence of your hardship. If I were you, I would send in a letter from the doctor, a letter from yourself, and any other information you think would persuade USCIS to expedite.

Expedite requests are best done by fax. The Fax number for CSC is 949 389 3441. Include a cover letter, as well as a copy of your NOA1. Include a return fax number. If they dont respond back within 72 hours, the request is denied. And there is no appeal.

21FUNNY.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was in a bad car accident a year ago. I broke all the bones in my lower leg and shattered my ankle bones. Since that wasn't considered life and death.......nope. It was a ##### trying to get along with 2 kids and a bummed up leg. :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Unlikely, but can't hurt to try:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/expedited.htm

USCIS Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Service Center Director. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual.

Extreme emergent situation.

Humanitarian situation.

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.)

USCIS error.

Compelling interest of USCIS.

If a response to the expedite request is not received within 72 hours, the request is denied. The application or petition will then undergo normal processing.

General Expedite Procedures:

A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a one-page support letter prepared and signed by the petitioner or the applicant. An expedite request can be submitted by mail or fax. When mailing, mark the envelope with a red dot and send the request via bonded courier or other overnight delivery service to:

USCIS

California Service Center

24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Cases will not be expedited if they are not clearly approvable. Requests to expedite petitions or applications that are incomplete will not be granted. All supporting documents not in English must include a certified translation. See Documents Not in English" section. Please see our USCIS Expedited Criteria guidance. There is no appeal of the denial of an expedite request.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would agree with the others by saying this is not going to qualify. But, I guess you never know with USCIS.

Edited by Erik

3dflagsdotcomusa2fawm8fa.gif 3dflagsdotcombrazi2fawm8bu.gif

NOA1 Date Received - 5/09/2006

Petition Transfered from NSC to CSC - 6/01/2006

Touched - 6/02/2006

Touched - 6/03/2006

IMBRA RFE Received - 06/30/2006 (Dated 06/23/2006)

IMBRA RFE Delivered - 07/01/2006 (USPS Next Day)

Touched - 07/03/2006 (Email saying they sent RFE)

Touched - 07/04/2006

Touched - 07/05/2006

Touched - 07/10/2006 (Recieved RFE Response)

Touched - 07/11/2006

Touched - 07/12/2006

Touched - 07/13/2006

Touched - 08/03/2006

NOA2 Approved - 08/03/2006

Touched - 08/06/2006

NVC Entered Case into System - 08/21/2006

Consulate in Rio de Janeiro confirms receipt - 08/29/2006 (may have arrived sooner, only got around to calling today).

Fiance sent Packet 3 to Embassy (Before she actually received it) - 09/01/2006

Fiance receives actual Packet 3 - 09/06/2006

Fiance receives Packet 4 - 09/22/2006

Medical Scheduled - 11/06/2006

Interview Scheduled - 11/07/2006

Fiance should be on her way to me! 11/10/2006

Visa Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Without going into a lot of detail, I requested an expedite on our k-1, and as you can tell from the timeline, I was somewhat less than successful! The problem was on my end, not Evelyn's, and was medical, possibly life threatening, and could mean that I would soon be unable to travel. Not good enough for Immigration. They didn't come back and ask for additional supporting evidence. Just a flat out decline. But it wasn't a big deal for me. I just thought it was worth a shot.

October 1, 2005 . . . . Evelyn and I met online

March 8, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for first face-2-face . . . Oh, my god! . . . Wow!!!

March 21, 2006 . . . . I-129F Packet Sent

March 30, 2006 . . . . NOA1 Received

May 25, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for Evelyn's June 1st Bday

June 1, 2006 . . . . Application transferred from Lincoln, NE to California

July 5, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Request Received

July 6, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Sent

July 13, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Received Ack from USCIS

September 11, 2006 . . . . Email from USCIS - CASE APPROVED !!!!!!

September 15, 2006 . . . . Third trip to Phils . . . dragged kicking and screaming to my flight home

September 16, 2006 . . . . NOA2 Received !!!

October 16 . . . . NVC received packet

October 17 . . . NVC forwards packet to Manila

October 23 . . . Manila receives Visa packet

I think your circumstance may very well be granted an expedite. I applied for a medical expedite after our package was already at the consulate, so I'm not familiar with who to contact while the petition is still with USCIS. You will want to ask for expedite at each phase of the process--USCIS service center, NVC, consulate. I faxed a letter explaining the nature of my medical condition directly to the consulate and it was granted within 24 hours and the medical and interview was scheduled right away. My medical condition occurred at the end of October 2005. I sent the request the last week of October and called the consulate the next day and was told the expedite was approved and they gave me the medical and interview date. The Medical was scheduled for Nov 9 and the interview was Nov 16. Based on normal processing at the time, we were not due for an interview until mid January 2006. I think your situation has a very good chance of approval.

Even if the expedite is not approved at the USCIS service center, you can still request it at the NVC and the consulate.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

USCIS dooes not grant many expeditious requests. It is unlikely they would grant yours.

It truly has to be a life or death situation or they would open the flood gates to thousands of requests.

But like john_and_marlene suggested - they may be more compassionate during the NVC and embassy stages of the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.