Darkmoonfaerie

Children of K1 beneficiary

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I've done a search and can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for so I apologize if it has been asked a million times already. My fiance and I are just starting to file for his K1 visa and we can't find what we need to do to file for his two boys (ages 4&6) to come with him. I'm just gathering the paperwork for the I-129F and G325A right now and have added the boys information where requested. Is this all that is needed until the filing of the K1/K2? Is there somewhere on the site with a flow chart for dependent children as well? I thought we had this all sorted and now I'm frazzled all over again.

Thanks!

Meg

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Initially filed for K1 visa - Feb 23 2012

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've abandoned this application

We married on Aug 24, 2013 in a small ceremony in MA

We'll be applying for a CR1 / IR1 visa as soon as we are able

Watch this space for updates!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The K1 and K2 visas are filed for at the embassy by the beneficiarys- right now you the USC just file the petition.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

The K1 and K2 visas are filed for at the embassy by the beneficiarys- right now you the USC just file the petition.

SO they file for K1 after its approved, and they go for interview they file K2 at Embassy/Consulate?

Sorry I don't know about the k1 process.

Edited by GVMack

Always be grateful, thankful and appreciate what you have.

GVMack

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

SO they file for K1 after its approved, and they go for interview they file K2 at Embassy/Consulate?

No they file for an I-129F petition. Once it is approved and sent to the US embassy they file for a K1 and K2.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

No they file for an I-129F petition. Once it is approved and sent to the US embassy they file for a K1 and K2.

Ok so I-129F now then file K1 and K2s at the same time and everything just gets processed together? Everything seemed so straightforward till we added the kids to this mix LOL. His solicitor wanted us to get going on this before his next court date for his ex's visitation hearing(which is mid February) so we kind of got tossed into it a bit sooner than planned. We're VERY excited because we've been waiting for the solicitor's approval, we're just scrambling to get started now.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, just one I-129F now, from the petitioner. Then later, the beneficiaries will apply for K1 and derrivative K2s.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, just one I-129F now, from the petitioner. Then later, the beneficiaries will apply for K1 and derrivative K2s.

:thumbs:

make sure the children are listed on the I-129f where it asks to list ALL children

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Ok so I-129F now then file K1 and K2s at the same time and everything just gets processed together? Everything seemed so straightforward till we added the kids to this mix LOL. His solicitor wanted us to get going on this before his next court date for his ex's visitation hearing(which is mid February) so we kind of got tossed into it a bit sooner than planned. We're VERY excited because we've been waiting for the solicitor's approval, we're just scrambling to get started now.

At his interview in London they will require documentation that he has sole custody of the children or a notarized type statement signed by their mother that she grants permission for them to leave the UK. Her statement can be witnessed/signed by a solicitor.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thanks everyone :)

~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi All,

I've done a search and can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for so I apologize if it has been asked a million times already. My fiance and I are just starting to file for his K1 visa and we can't find what we need to do to file for his two boys (ages 4&6) to come with him. I'm just gathering the paperwork for the I-129F and G325A right now and have added the boys information where requested. Is this all that is needed until the filing of the K1/K2? Is there somewhere on the site with a flow chart for dependent children as well? I thought we had this all sorted and now I'm frazzled all over again.

Thanks!

Meg

That's it. Then on the interview forms you'll list which are To Join or To Follow.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.