UK_Fan

nat geo

178 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

There is a special on national geographic right now about Russian mail order brides. I will write what I think about it after it's over.

event.png

Is that the same one that's been on several times? One guy brings his fiancee to Las Vegas and the other guy doesn't make the commitment. :huh:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Go ahead and watch it. I am thinking it is probably the same one we have seen before.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I know that others have done stories about the Russian MOB business and was just hoping it might be a different one. My wife and I enjoyed watching the last one and thought some of it was pretty funny. Especially the part of the guy talking with a Russian accent in English to help his fiancee. :rofl:

Timeline

Okay, the special is over now, unfortunately, after i looked on tvguide and they are not going to rerun it.. oh well.

Anyways, they covered 2 american men that used volgagirl.com to find themselves a Russian wife. One of them was a an older man in his 50's who's already been married 2 or 3 times before (mind you, only one wife of his was American) and once was scammed by a Mexican woman, to whom he sent money for a bus ride to the US, but she never came. So after 2 years, this older man's finacee finally came to the US and they were hurring to marry and all, but get this, they haven't even professet their love for each other yet. It's kinda sad, because so many couples are going through this process and are madly in love and are struggling to prove their love to immigration, but some couples, just get lucky i guess.

The other man, is in his late 30's and he, too, used that agency and came to Russia to meet up with a potential fiancee. So he came down and had to be shaparoned (sp?) but the main lady who runs the agency on his date.. isn't that kind of odd? Of course, the girl harldy spoke any English, so i guess that was the reason too. He spent 3 weeks with her and never proposed, said he wasn't in love.

They said that out of 2000 women that are on that website, only 8 get engaged every year.

Although i realize that a lot of people do it, the way they talked about it was like it's a business transaction.. no feelings, hardly any communication, just American men looking for an old-fashioned woman to start a family with.

The experts were saying that brokered marriages are most likely to have abuse in them and they showed an example of one where this old nasty looking man got him a young tall blonde girl, brought her over here and she didn't wanna sleep with him. When he asked why, she said he was too fat.. so what do ya know? he ended up killing her and burrying her in the woods. After that incident, immigration required criminal check for male applicants because had they known that his previous wife (who was from another country) had filed for a restraining order, this wouldn't have happened.

All in all, it's really nothing sepacial, but i thought it was interesting, i wish others could watch it, if i find alink for it, i'll post it.

event.png

Timeline

1HappyGuy,

yeah it is, man, i can't believe i'm so behind ahah, looks like i'm the last one to see this...

but it just kinda shocked me, to me, marriage is so sacred and they make a business out of it. Yet i'm fully aware that this goes on all the time, but i have never seen the "inside look"

event.png

Timeline

Especially the part of the guy talking with a Russian accent in English to help his fiancee. :rofl:

The funny part is...it worked! Has anyone ever heard your wife's accent and started talking REAL LOUD to her?

One guy did that to Alla and she said "Sir! Please! I am Ukrainian, I am not deaf!"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The funny part is...it worked! Has anyone ever heard your wife's accent and started talking REAL LOUD to her?

One guy did that to Alla and she said "Sir! Please! I am Ukrainian, I am not deaf!"

everytime my mom tries to talk to my husband, she screams really loud in russian as if that would make him understand her

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My young blond Russian hottie wife only cost me $99 on EM!

I selected her out of an online catalog.

God's truth>

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

God's truth>

did you use a coupon? ahah

event.png

God's truth>

I might go that route next time. There sure are some nice ones to add to cart.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

God's truth>

You crack me up with you posts, jejejejeje, I had a Russian babe in my cart, but then I kept shopping online and I saw the Colombiana, I had to order her....that reminds me, I better check to make sure the Russian babe is not in my cart still, wouldn't want her to be patiently waiting to be shipped to the US via Fed-Ex, that is not going to happen, the Colombiana does not have a return policy....mail order bride is such an antiquated term, maybe one day the view on international romances will modernize, or maybe not... :rofl:

Edited by Orando

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

Timeline

You crack me up with you posts, jejejejeje, I had a Russian babe in my cart, but then I kept shopping online and I saw the Colombiana, I had to order her....that reminds me, I better check to make sure the Russian babe is not in my cart still, wouldn't want her to be patiently waiting to be shipped to the US via Fed-Ex, that is not going to happen, the Colombiana does not have a return policy....mail order bride is such an antiquated term, maybe one day the view on international romances will modernize, or maybe not... :rofl:

Left unattended, Russian hotties do not wait in carts very long.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Yes, I bet its that same one being replayed again.

The one American man has NO GAME whatsoever. Multiple chances to make eye contact or move in closer to her, and he fails to be more intimate with her.

He gets her a necklace, and she gives him this Jumping Cow toy. (whats with the fascination with cows in the FSU anyway?)

Then, he takes her on a date in a frozen military bone yard for laughs and giggles. A real hot spot to get to know your potential mate.

Plus, something was defective with the ladies featured in this program. They had been on Anastasia.com or whatever for YEARS and unable to find a man. :whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.