Tiana

Convictions and RFE!

30 posts in this topic

We got a RFE on Tuesday. We can not get a document for possession of paraphernalia! We sent USCIS only 2 documents about convictions and wrote the letter that we can not get document but we tried! We wrote all phone numbers and let them know that I already know about his convictions( submitted scan of facebook page and my email). What do you people think, we will be denied????

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We got a RFE on Tuesday. We can not get a document for possession of paraphernalia! We sent USCIS only 2 documents about convictions and wrote the letter that we can not get document but we tried! We wrote all phone numbers and let them know that I already know about his convictions( submitted scan of facebook page and my email). What do you people think, we will be denied????

What EXACTLY does the RFE say?

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 Progress to K1 procedure ****

You will need concrete proof you cannot obtain the document, not just a letter, especially as it is a drugs related charge. Which country did this happen in and how long ago? Why can't you get the document?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

**** Moving from K1 Progress to K1 procedure ****

You will need concrete proof you cannot obtain the document, not just a letter, especially as it is a drugs related charge. Which country did this happen in and how long ago? Why can't you get the document?

It happened in USA 10 years ago! And the document is not available on the file!

What EXACTLY does the RFE say?

It says if you answered YES on question 2 Part C then you have to submit certified copies of all convictions!

Timeline

Hrmm... maybe a letter from the court where he was convicted that records are unavailable for X reason?

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hrmm... maybe a letter from the court where he was convicted that records are unavailable for X reason?

Well we sent USCIS papers yesterday and the court clerk said she will send us this letter sometime next week. But I hope USCIS will approve us without that letter :innocent:

Filed: Timeline

Well we sent USCIS papers yesterday and the court clerk said she will send us this letter sometime next week. But I hope USCIS will approve us without that letter :innocent:

The court was going to send you a letter, and you didn't wait? You usually don't get a third shot at this.

You replied to the RFE with a letter you wrote yourself? Yes, I predict you will be denied. Sorry.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We shiped back the letter to USCIS! Will wait till official letter from clerk!

Good luck. However, chances are if you didn't include the letter from the clerk in your response, you will be denied.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

I hope we will not because we will include the letter!

I thought you said you had already sent off your reply to the RFE yesterday?

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.