14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

i am trying to figure out when and how to submit this form. i am starting the I130 process for my husband,. we are both living in Brazil and have 2 children.

can someone attempt to explain to me if i should submit this form along with the petition? if not, when should i file it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i am trying to figure out when and how to submit this form. i am starting the I130 process for my husband,. we are both living in Brazil and have 2 children.

can someone attempt to explain to me if i should submit this form along with the petition? if not, when should i file it?

Have you read this:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/dcf

I-751 is for Removing Conditions on Residency. Where are you in the process?

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

no, you don't need that form,

Timeline

I am actually starting the process. I will be sending the I130 packet application on the 30th of this month. I am including the I130 form and the G325a ( one for me and one for my husband), with the fee of $420,00, along with all supporting evidence.

I do have 1 more doubt, if you could help me, my marriage certificate is in portuguese, should i have it translated?

am I missing anything?

Have you read this:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/dcf

I-751 is for Removing Conditions on Residency. Where are you in the process?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I am actually starting the process. I will be sending the I130 packet application on the 30th of this month. I am including the I130 form and the G325a ( one for me and one for my husband), with the fee of $420,00, along with all supporting evidence.

I do have 1 more doubt, if you could help me, my marriage certificate is in portuguese, should i have it translated?

am I missing anything?

Any document that you are submitting that is not in English must be translated in to English

Our Journey
12/31/10 - Met my future wife, Dr. Sara
3/1/11 - Approved for B2 Tourist Visa (1 year)
6/1/11 - 3 weeks’ vacation together in USA
9/10/11 - 4 weeks’ vacation together in USA
12/4/11 - 4 weeks’ vacation together in USA
12/28/11 - Married in USA
1/23/12 - Renewed B2 Visa (10 year)

USCIS – Lima Peru - DCF
2/2/12 - Submitted I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (Dr. Sara) via DCF – Lima Peru
3/5/12 - Received "Packet 3 & Packet 4"
3/16/12 - Medical examination - Completed!!!!!!!
3/29/12 - Visa Interview - APPROVED!!! 56 Freakin' Days!!!!!
4/3/12 - Picked up Passport & Visa!!!
4/21/12 - POE at Atlanta. No problems or issues!!!!

5/15/12 - Dr. Sara received her Green Card in the mail
5/21/12 - Dr. Sara got her Social Security Card in the mail
6/21/12 - Dr. Sara got her Michigan Drivers License (watch out!)

4/21/13 - Dr. Sara 1st year anniversary in the USA!

Removal of Conditions

1/30/14 - Submitted I-751 Removal Of Conditions

2/18/14 - NOA I-797, I-751 Receipt Notice - Extended Conditional Residence 1 Year :-)

3/19/14 - Biometrics appointment

12/16/14 - 10 year Permanent Resident Green Card approved and received!!

Citizenship

5/4/15 - Submitted N-400 Application for Citizenship

5/6/15 - NOA for Priority Date of May 06, 2015

5/20/15 - Received NOA for Biometrics appointment

6/1/15 - Biometrics appointment

12/9/15 - Naturalization Interview - Passed!

12/15/15 - Citizenship Ceremony & Oath

Timeline

ok thats perfect thank u so much for your help.

does everythng else i wrote seem to be in order?

Do u know anything about the K3 visa application process?

Any document that you are submitting that is not in English must be translated in to English

Timeline

ok thats perfect thank u so much for your help.

does everythng else i wrote seem to be in order?

Do u know anything about the K3 visa application process?

I'm no expert on any of this but wouldn't you be filing for a IR1/CR1 visa? Thought the K3 is a thing of the past?

Our Journey

USCIS – Lima Peru - DCF
2/2/12 - Submitted I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (Dr. Sara) via DCF – Lima Peru

Removal of Conditions

2/18/14 - NOA I-797, I-751 Receipt Notice - Extended Conditional Residence 1 Year :-)

Citizenship

Timeline

i dont know anymore i am officially lost. i do not know anymore what to file and how. all i know is that i need to move to the us as fast as possible, and i cant find 1 single person that can walk me through all ofthis.

any suggestions?

I'm no expert on any of this but wouldn't you be filing for a IR1/CR1 visa? Thought the K3 is a thing of the past?

Timeline

i dont know anymore i am officially lost. i do not know anymore what to file and how. all i know is that i need to move to the us as fast as possible, and i cant find 1 single person that can walk me through all ofthis.

any suggestions?

Did you read all the guides provided on this site? They have everything you need to know. Other choice is to hire an immigration lawyer :-(

Our Journey

USCIS – Lima Peru - DCF

Removal of Conditions

Citizenship

Timeline

the immigrant lawyer would be the perfect solution. but i dont have the money for that.

Im trying to read everything and make sence out of it, but it seems the more i read the more confused i get.... dont know why.

forms:

I-751

I-864

just makes no sence to me.

K3 is still used, at least there are still instructions about it and everything, but i read about it and the one u mentioned is faster.

but they both work only when filling the I130 petition, so i need to file that first anyway, but im scared to send it with missing forms, becasue it will just delay the process. im just confused.

Did you read all the guides provided on this site? They have everything you need to know. Other choice is to hire an immigration lawyer :-(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you follow the guide here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

...you should be fine. Just double check the instructions on the I-130 to make sure u have everything. Lawyers really don't help that much unless you have big "issues" to overcome as part of the immigration process.

NOA 2. Really?

You will file an I130, G325A for you and your husband, and attach the documents (marriage certificate, passport copy, etc) that are listed on the I130. File it at the address where you are supposed to file it then wait.

After the I130 is processed your husband will get a packet from the embassy. It will have a visa application and a list of documents for him to assemble. There will be a letter that he will sign that states "I have all the documents ready". He will send the application and letter back to the embassy then you will wait some more

After they receive that you will get a notice for interview. There will be a set of medical documents that he has to take to the approved medical facility and get a physical. This has to be done about 2 weeks before the interview date. Either they will send it directly to the embassy or he will pick up the medical results and bring them to the interview.

When the notice for interview comes in, that is when you will prepare the I864. He will also bring that to the interview.

This is how it happened for us.

You dont file for a K3 visa from outside the US. That is no relevant to your situation.

Now read the guides like it was advised to do.

the immigrant lawyer would be the perfect solution. but i dont have the money for that.

Im trying to read everything and make sence out of it, but it seems the more i read the more confused i get.... dont know why.

forms:

I-751

I-864

just makes no sence to me.

K3 is still used, at least there are still instructions about it and everything, but i read about it and the one u mentioned is faster.

but they both work only when filling the I130 petition, so i need to file that first anyway, but im scared to send it with missing forms, becasue it will just delay the process. im just confused.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Timeline

You are posting in the DCF forum, but you will not be filing DCF as it isn't available in Brazil. If you're married, go read the Guides on the CR-1/IR-1 visa process. Read and re-read until you understand.

Choosing the K-3 visa route is a little complicated. If you really want to do that, you should look at the K-3 forum to see the latest updates. It is not worth the effort according to what people have been posting here, though at least a couple of people have recently done it.

CR-1/IR-1 is probably for you. Read, read, and then read some more.

The USCIS website has good info as well.

Timeline

You will file an I130, G325A for you and your husband, and attach the documents (marriage certificate, passport copy, etc) that are listed on the I130. File it at the address where you are supposed to file it then wait.

After the I130 is processed your husband will get a packet from the embassy. It will have a visa application and a list of documents for him to assemble. There will be a letter that he will sign that states "I have all the documents ready". He will send the application and letter back to the embassy then you will wait some more

After they receive that you will get a notice for interview. There will be a set of medical documents that he has to take to the approved medical facility and get a physical. This has to be done about 2 weeks before the interview date. Either they will send it directly to the embassy or he will pick up the medical results and bring them to the interview.

When the notice for interview comes in, that is when you will prepare the I864. He will also bring that to the interview.

This is how it happened for us.

You dont file for a K3 visa from outside the US. That is no relevant to your situation.

Now read the guides like it was advised to do.

They can't do DCF in Brazil. OP, ignore these specifics and go read on your own as everyone is saying. Your process will not be the same.

The second part I highlighted is embassy-specific, so be careful telling people specific things about the process in countries different from where you filed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.