22 posts in this topic

This place was very helpful for me when we went through the original process of getting a green card.

I got my green card approved on 6/30/2009. We applied for removal of conditions in June of 2011. Received a letter that they had gotten our application shortly after that. Since then, nothing. No RFE, no biometrics appointment, nothing.

I don't know what to do, can anyone offer some advice? We live in AZ so sent everything to the CA servicing center.

Interview passed 6/30/09

Filed for ROC 6/21/11

waiting...

dev172pr___.png

Seems strange the have not sent you a biometrics appointment at the very least. Perhaps make an info pass appointment to check this out would be the best thing? You could call them, but I am not sure you would get a satisfactory answer on the phone.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if i understand you right, it will be awhile before you would hear from uscis. the reason is you are suppose to send in your roc application 90 days before your greencard would expired. you received your gc in june of 2009. you should have sent in your roc application around march 1st of 2011. go to uscis website and sign up for your status update. after you sign up, you can check on your status at anytime. best of luck to you. also, i believe it takes between 6 to 12 months now to get approved. i also saw it on this website about how long it takes. once again, hope everything turns out ok for you. best of luck.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This place was very helpful for me when we went through the original process of getting a green card.

I got my green card approved on 6/30/2009. We applied for removal of conditions in June of 2011. Received a letter that they had gotten our application shortly after that. Since then, nothing. No RFE, no biometrics appointment, nothing.

I don't know what to do, can anyone offer some advice? We live in AZ so sent everything to the CA servicing center.

Make sure the immigrants name is in your mail box. My daughters wasnt & they returned her docs. USCIS said it would take 60 days to resend. Her docs were in our mail box 24 hours after we put her name in the box. Double check the address status with USCIS ect.

In Phoenix they will accept walkins for the biometrics.

As I understood it, you are supposed to send your application in within 90 days of your green card expiring. I sent it in at the beginning of May but I sent a check with the wrong amount of money and they sent it back to me. I sent it to them again at the beginning of June, after that I received the NOA.

Interview passed 6/30/09

Filed for ROC 6/21/11

waiting...

dev172pr___.png

Make sure the immigrants name is in your mail box. My daughters wasnt & they returned her docs. USCIS said it would take 60 days to resend. Her docs were in our mail box 24 hours after we put her name in the box. Double check the address status with USCIS ect.

In Phoenix they will accept walkins for the biometrics.

Yes, it was in my mail box. We have very recently moved though and I need to figure out how to change my address with USCIS. Do you know how to do this?

Interview passed 6/30/09

Filed for ROC 6/21/11

waiting...

dev172pr___.png

this is the evidence we submitted with the application:

online and over the phone they have no record of my receipt number, I am starting to freak out!

Copyof the passport and green card of {my name}

Apartial copy of our 2009 and 2010 joint US tax returns.

Copiesof two car insurance cards.

Copyof the title of our car, showing joint ownership.

Copyof a voided check showing a joint bank account.

Copyof our dental insurance cards showing a joint policy.

Acopy of our airline reservations for a vacation that we took in July,2009.

Interview passed 6/30/09

Filed for ROC 6/21/11

waiting...

dev172pr___.png

I should mention that at my interview, the interviewer told me to try to file AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to the expiration date because 'they don't like it' when people file too early. I really thought I was doing the right thing.

Interview passed 6/30/09

Filed for ROC 6/21/11

waiting...

dev172pr___.png

moving similar discussion with OP from june filers thread:

The only letter I have received from USCIS is the I-797C NOA, I assumed because it extends the green card for a year that that is how long ROC could take...

OHHHH. okay. is it possible that you missed the biometrics appointment letter because of the move (ie it was sent to the old address)? if you do not show up for your biometrics appointment (and do not reschedule within a reasonable period of time). it is possible that the USCIS could consider your application abandoned.

you will call tomorrow. speak to a level 2 person. explain the situation. and ask for advice.

you need to make sure that your ROC application is still considered opened and you need to get your biometrics done in order for the processing to continue.

sounds like you filed correctly (after fixing the check problem) and within the window for ROC. you got the NOA1 (extension letter), but then never saw an NOA2 (biometrics appointment letter). these usually come in about 3-6 weeks. so 6 months is not normal.

please let us know what you find out! we will keep our fingers crossed for you.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Not wanting to scare you but I filed that change of address form online, printed it out, have my confirmation etc. but I am STILL getting my USCIS correspondence to my OLD address. It isn't an issue to us because my old address is my inlaws, but it might be for others...

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

I will call tomorrow and update you all, hopefully I have good news!

We moved very recently (20 December 2011), so have been in the new house about a month and have had all mail from our old address forwarded here.

Interview passed 6/30/09

Filed for ROC 6/21/11

waiting...

dev172pr___.png

Definitely call or schedule an Infopass appointment.

You change your address with the AR-11. Make sure your sponsor(s) changes their address with the I-865 as well.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

good luck! keep us posted!

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

I just got off the phone with USCIS, the representative was very helpful. She said that all she can see on my case is that it is still pending. She checked to see if they needed further evidence but couldn't find any record of an RFE being sent out. So she sent a request for status update on my behalf and also a request for biometrics. She also took my new address.

So it seems like my case probably got forgotten about at the bottom of a pile somewhere and just hasn't been looked at in 7 months *sigh*. I just hope this process doesn't take the full year because my baby is due right around then.

Interview passed 6/30/09

Filed for ROC 6/21/11

waiting...

dev172pr___.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.