crea78

NVC Contact Number

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

To be sure about where I am at in the process, I am currently writing an email to the NVC to find out more about my case and if I can go ahead and send the money for the AOS fee. Only thing is I don't have an invoice number which is required, which I will ask as well.

AOS fee to NVC on a K1 ? I'm confused.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

are you sure you clicked the links on my previous post? if'n yer on a cell phone, come back on a pc running winders.

there's timeticks on a K-1 that are covered there - you should dig deep a bit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I called them earlier today, by accident when I was supposed to call the embassy in Moscow, but their "longer than usual wait time" was projected at 3 minutes!!! They're pretty easy to get to over there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

To be sure about where I am at in the process, I am currently writing an email to the NVC to find out more about my case

Hi crea78

You are still in the first quarter of this process. From your timeline you just receive your NOA2 letter. Congrats on that part :dance: . Now you are waiting for your case number for Vietnam and for your I-129f to be forwarded to the USEM in Vietnam.

Right now is the time to start preparing beneficiaries I-129f package for her country.

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/immigrant_visas.html

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/iv/forms/package.html

Your fiance will need to complete here medical exam. The fee for each beneficiary aged 15 or over is US$110

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/iv/medical-examination/vaccination.html

Once she passes the medical. You can now schedule the USEM appointment and pay the K visa fee.

K visas is US$350 per person. This fee must pay in cash at the Citibank office located at Sun Wah Tower, ground floor, 115 Nguyen Hue Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Citibank is open from 8:30 – 11:30 in the morning and 1:00 – 3:30 in the afternoon, Monday through Friday. Please present your Appointment letter to Citibank upon paying the MRV fee.

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/iv/fees.html

Review and triple check everything. Make sure all documents are filed out and correct. All supporting documents are sent to your fiance.

and if I can go ahead and send the money for the AOS fee. Only thing is I don't have an invoice number which is required, which I will ask as well.

AOS is in the 3 quarter of the Visa process (Long way out). AOS is for when your fiance has arrived and you two are married. Then you will begin the AOS (Adjustment of Status), EAD (employment authorization document), AOS (Affidavit of Support).

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If they have the paperwork you are making progress, good job.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

I called the 603 number and dialed 5 to speak with a human, but since this was my first time calling, I wasn't sure what to say to the guy and wanted to know what he could tell me about my case. Not sure what still processing means, but the next time I call, what should I ask to get a response I need to hear?

give them yer USCIS casefile # [the receipt # in the NOA-1 letter) , some other info on you and yer fiance,

then

ask for casefile status..

There's a list of status types over in the Link I Posted earlier.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your responses! I just thought I needed to fill out and send in the AOS i-134 as well at this stage.

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Timeline

Hi crea78

You are still in the first quarter of this process. From your timeline you just receive your NOA2 letter. Congrats on that part :dance: . Now you are waiting for your case number for Vietnam and for your I-129f to be forwarded to the USEM in Vietnam.

Your fiance will need to complete here medical exam. The fee for each beneficiary aged 15 or over is US$110

Wally, I have two questions but I don't know if its "silly" to ask or not since I am new to all of this still. First off, you mentioned my I-129F being forwarded to the USEM in Vietnam. The part here that confuses me, does USCIS forward the package I sent them or do I need to send the folder I have made up (extra copy) to my fiancee?? I am planning on bringing the one I currently have to my fiancee's interview whenever that may be. My other question is: I know each embassy do things differently and was wondering if Vietnam will allow the beneficiary to take their medical before I get my NVC case number?

Sorry if I don't truly understand everything know but it's a learning process :blink:

Edited by crea78

Timeline

Concerning my question about the medical... I believe this answers it which I found in another thread:

Medical Exam:

Your fiancée should not have their medical exam done until instructed by the Consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wally, I have two questions but I don't know if its "silly" to ask or not since I am new to all of this still. First off, you mentioned my I-129F being forwarded to the USEM in Vietnam. The part here that confuses me, does USCIS forward the package I sent them or do I need to send the folder I have made up (extra copy) to my fiancee??

No NVC forwards the package. USCIS forwards the approved package to NVC. NVC now reviews and issues the case number. NVC will send via mail the case number to you the petitioner. At that point you can give that case number to your fiance. Yes you will need to send the extra copies to your fiance for her I-129F petition (beneficiary). She or you will need to pay the fee for the petition. Read over the package information for Vietnam.

This are the listed documents need for

Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant visa application EVAF Instruction.

Form DS-156K Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) visa application

Form DS-230I Application for Immigrant visa and Alien Registration

Form DS-117 Application to Determine Returning Resident Status

Also read and follow the package instructions:

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/iv/forms/package.html

I am planning on bringing the one I currently have to my fiancee's interview whenever that may be.

You can do that depending on if you plan on waiting to set the appointment while you are there. Only thing is depending on when you submit the (Beneficiaries Package) you will need to wait for instructions from the consulate. I am not sure on how long that will take in Vietnam. My advise is get everything set-up now so she will have all complete when you arrive in Vietnam. You do not want to be there in Vietnam and there is a missing document.

My other question is: I know each embassy do things differently and was wondering if Vietnam will allow the beneficiary to take their medical before I get my NVC case number? Sorry if I don't truly understand everything know but it's a learning process :blink:

Knowledge is infinite and we all have questions. There is somebody else with the answer to your question. Don't worry about not knowing. I am still learning about the Visa process...

Let me know if you have any question. Always glad to help :D:thumbs:

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

I have the copy of the I-129F ready to be sent to my fiancee and will probably ship it via DHL or another reputable carrier I can track (not sure which one to use or is cheaper). Now the information I have collected after sending in the I-129 package (texts, Yahoo Messenger chat log, money orders, etc), do I bring that with me or do I need to send what I have collected so far to her as well? Should I send the information to her ASAP or wait until I hear back from the NVC?

Edited by crea78

Timeline

I suggest you send it to her after she sends back the packet 3.

or the week after you hear of the interview date being assigned, which ever is later.

Timeline

I suggest you send it to her after she sends back the packet 3.

or the week after you hear of the interview date being assigned, which ever is later.

OK thanks

Timeline

When I got home today, here is what I found in my GMAIL inbox... response after I sent NVC an email the other day.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC completed its processing of the visa petition HCMxxxxxxxxxx, and forwarded the petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM. As this petition is no longer located at the NVC you must resubmit your inquiry or request, and all future correspondence to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in HO CHI MINH CITY. Also, please be sure to notify the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in HO CHI MINH CITY of any change of postal mail or e-mail address, or any change in personal situation that may affect the applicant's eligibility for a visa.

Please visit www.usembassy.gov to determine the contact information for the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM. The individual Embassy or Consulate General website will include contact information for visa related inquiries.

Edited by crea78

Timeline

So, you wanna review the link I posted, nowish ? It'd be cool, if you did.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.