Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2012

1,078 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Seems like we're all pretty much at the same stage in NVC process!

If they review packages as fast as they invoice the fees, we could have a nice bunch of CCs coming this month :)

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

You know that's tied into 'DS-3032 added to the casefile', right ?

I thought that the DS-261 served as the DS-3032 for us because we're doing electronic processing? DS-261 was the choice of agent form.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I thought that the DS-261 served as the DS-3032 for us because we're doing electronic processing? DS-261 was the choice of agent form.

sorry, I'm wrong about the form #, but is same logic though..

When the Agent of Choice Form

is

IN THE CASEFILE,

then that IV Fee Bill is available to be paid, at the portal, within 24 hours.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

sorry, I'm wrong about the form #, but is same logic though..

When the Agent of Choice Form

is

IN THE CASEFILE,

then that IV Fee Bill is available to be paid, at the portal, within 24 hours.

Right, okay, we filled that out last week, so we're just waiting.

Sigh. I got an email a couple of hours ago from NVC saying they can't open my attachment on the AOS. It was a standard pdf that I had reduced in size as per Saylin's instructions on the NVC for Montreal wiki. Called an operator who said the file was corrupted, so I should send a couple of files instead of compressing it all into one.

Sigh. I got an email a couple of hours ago from NVC saying they can't open my attachment on the AOS. It was a standard pdf that I had reduced in size as per Saylin's instructions on the NVC for Montreal wiki. Called an operator who said the file was corrupted, so I should send a couple of files instead of compressing it all into one.

blink.gif That's weird. Never seen anyone where NVC couldn't open the file due to being "corrupted".

Before sending it, did you try opening it?

blink.gif That's weird. Never seen anyone where NVC couldn't open the file due to being "corrupted".

Before sending it, did you try opening it?

Yeah, several times, and I'm still able to open it. Oh well, I think I managed to get it all sent in 3 files, with the cover sheet at the beginning of each file. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, several times, and I'm still able to open it. Oh well, I think I managed to get it all sent in 3 files, with the cover sheet at the beginning of each file. Fingers crossed.

Weird... Try sending the file to another email address (if you have one), and see if you can open it. Although, you re-sent it already, so it doesn't matter, but I just find it curious.

Either way, good luck. Hopefully they can open it the next time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

try to open it in a lesser version of acrobat reader, on a different machine, soonish.

Maybe it's a 'version' problem, with the toolsets you used to create the files?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

try to open it in a lesser version of acrobat reader, on a different machine, soonish.

Maybe it's a 'version' problem, with the toolsets you used to create the files?

I am using Preview (the Mac pdf reader) to manipulate the files, but it shouldn't really matter...pdfs are supposedly to be universally readable, and there shouldn't be a version problem like with a .doc vs. .docx

My best guess is that the custom filter I created to compress the file (but not compress it as much as the standard filter) created the error. So this time I sent it without any compression.

Tech issues, such is life.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am using Preview (the Mac pdf reader) to manipulate the files, but it shouldn't really matter...pdfs are supposedly to be universally readable, and there shouldn't be a version problem like with a .doc vs. .docx

My best guess is that the custom filter I created to compress the file (but not compress it as much as the standard filter) created the error. So this time I sent it without any compression.

Tech issues, such is life.

IV package delvered to NVC yesterday, Now the waiting game continues...Hope it will be smooth sailing

Timeline

I paid our AOS last saturday (friday night US time) and its still IN PROCESS on the portal, them my IV changed from "not invoiced" to "not paid"... Can someone please tell me what do I expect next? thanks

Well, your AOS fee status should change to PAID soon. Then you can send the AOS package, using the cover sheet linked in the receipt page of the portal.

Wait a little more for the IV fee to become active, and you'll be able to select it and to pay it too.

CR1 Visa

EMBASSY STAGE

ROC

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Timeline

Since the AOS package was received by NVC yesterday, when do you think I can start calling to know if it was reviewed? Friday?

CR1 Visa

EMBASSY STAGE

ROC

Naturalization

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, your AOS fee status should change to PAID soon. Then you can send the AOS package, using the cover sheet linked in the receipt page of the portal.

Wait a little more for the IV fee to become active, and you'll be able to select it and to pay it too.

Thanks Laure&Colin =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.