olumides_wife

Just showing some VJ love!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

(L) So today is my last day to relax at home before returning back to work tomorrow from the Christmas Break (boo)...and so I took the time today to browse around the sub-saharan forum here and well I must say that I have seen it ALL, the good, the bad and the ugly! And what I have concluded is this....they gave this website the best name ever... :thumbs: ....because that is exactly what it is, a journey. I have seen the very best of stories on here to the worst of stories and I further conclude that although we are all here for the "visa" itsself (maybe some are done and are still around :thumbs: )... either way...each of our journey's WILL NOT be the same....similar maybe but not the same... and I love that! I love this site..I love the people here that have been willing to share their stories, I love the happy endings (who doesn't love those?)... but more so I appreciate those that are willing to share their painful experienes as well....and I thank those that have been willing to offer sound advice and help to those not knowing how to begin (i.e. "me")....I am sorry for those that experienced hardship and pain to the point their relationshop turned out to be a fraud (no one can rejoice in that I don't wish a broken heart on anyone) but at the same time I have been amazed by the strength some people gained and the better person they became even through a painful experience instead of becoming bitter (nothing like seeing the good even in a bad situation)... I rejoice with those that have been "approved" :dance: pray for those that are still waiting and I eagerly await to tell my own success story! I have gained SOOOOO much knowledge here and I will be around for years to come (regardless of the outcome of my relationship with my Sweetie). No matter what category he and I end up falling in (I'll take the "happily ever after" for 200 of course lol)... but none the less I will be right here to share my story (good or bad)... because I want to be the person that stays around and helps others through this very difficult process indeed as I learn and as I can. Nothing in life is 100% guaranteed that includes love....you take a chance at it no matter what doesn't matter if it's been 2 months or 20 years, if you met online or right next door, if you are black or if you are white, if you are rich or poor, young or old...or if you are countries apart...that's the funny thing about love...it has no boundaries....or prejudices...so love hard and don't ever give up on what you believe despite naysayers including the embassy you face(especially Lagos)...I know it's hard there but God can do anything! He ALONE is in control of all things! From this site (I am a little partial to this forum if you can't tell lol for obvious reasons of course, My Pookie is in Nigeria :)) but none the less I have learned in a short amount of time we on VJ are a big pot of gumbo/stew (which ever you prefer) and we are all here to learn, to share our stories, ideas, tips, fears, worries, advice and so much more and to remain respectful and mindful that we are ALL individuals on a Journey! And at times we will stumble and fall...but that is not the time to say "ah ha I told you so"...b/c life is all about choices some good some bad... and we need BOTH to grow! We all come from different parts of the world, are different ages, religions and we all have different outlooks on life, upbringings and so much more...we have a lot to gain from one another so let's remember that as we browse, post and reply on VJ....and so I said all that to say...my hats off to All you VJians (mmmmm my own little made up word lol)...my prayers will continue to be before God on your behalf....stay strong....be encouraged.....stay courageous...and keep on putting one foot in front of the other...you don't have to run the race to win you just gotta keep going! (F)(F)

Shawnda!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Wishing you well with your visa journey. Never be discouraged by the winds that blow but keep your sails hoisted and sail on. Get a filter and let the bad fall through and keep the good. You have what it takes and the right positive attitude.

In all your ways acknowledge the Lord and he will direct your path.

Blessings ~ :D(F)

Edited by Ebunoluwa
Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

(L) So today is my last day to relax at home before returning back to work tomorrow from the Christmas Break (boo)...and so I took the time today to browse around the sub-saharan forum here and well I must say that I have seen it ALL, the good, the bad and the ugly! And what I have concluded is this....they gave this website the best name ever... :thumbs: ....because that is exactly what it is, a journey. I have seen the very best of stories on here to the worst of stories and I further conclude that although we are all here for the "visa" itsself (maybe some are done and are still around :thumbs: )... either way...each of our journey's WILL NOT be the same....similar maybe but not the same... and I love that! I love this site..I love the people here that have been willing to share their stories, I love the happy endings (who doesn't love those?)... but more so I appreciate those that are willing to share their painful experienes as well....and I thank those that have been willing to offer sound advice and help to those not knowing how to begin (i.e. "me")....I am sorry for those that experienced hardship and pain to the point their relationshop turned out to be a fraud (no one can rejoice in that I don't wish a broken heart on anyone) but at the same time I have been amazed by the strength some people gained and the better person they became even through a painful experience instead of becoming bitter (nothing like seeing the good even in a bad situation)... I rejoice with those that have been "approved" :dance: pray for those that are still waiting and I eagerly await to tell my own success story! I have gained SOOOOO much knowledge here and I will be around for years to come (regardless of the outcome of my relationship with my Sweetie). No matter what category he and I end up falling in (I'll take the "happily ever after" for 200 of course lol)... but none the less I will be right here to share my story (good or bad)... because I want to be the person that stays around and helps others through this very difficult process indeed as I learn and as I can. Nothing in life is 100% guaranteed that includes love....you take a chance at it no matter what doesn't matter if it's been 2 months or 20 years, if you met online or right next door, if you are black or if you are white, if you are rich or poor, young or old...or if you are countries apart...that's the funny thing about love...it has no boundaries....or prejudices...so love hard and don't ever give up on what you believe despite naysayers including the embassy you face(especially Lagos)...I know it's hard there but God can do anything! He ALONE is in control of all things! From this site (I am a little partial to this forum if you can't tell lol for obvious reasons of course, My Pookie is in Nigeria :)) but none the less I have learned in a short amount of time we on VJ are a big pot of gumbo/stew (which ever you prefer) and we are all here to learn, to share our stories, ideas, tips, fears, worries, advice and so much more and to remain respectful and mindful that we are ALL individuals on a Journey! And at times we will stumble and fall...but that is not the time to say "ah ha I told you so"...b/c life is all about choices some good some bad... and we need BOTH to grow! We all come from different parts of the world, are different ages, religions and we all have different outlooks on life, upbringings and so much more...we have a lot to gain from one another so let's remember that as we browse, post and reply on VJ....and so I said all that to say...my hats off to All you VJians (mmmmm my own little made up word lol)...my prayers will continue to be before God on your behalf....stay strong....be encouraged.....stay courageous...and keep on putting one foot in front of the other...you don't have to run the race to win you just gotta keep going! (F)(F)

Shawnda!

SAY THAT GIRL... PUSH ON!

The World is Yours to Experience....Venture out into it and find Love!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

good attitude and good luck on your journey!!!!! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

:dance: YAY! if I was able to encourage just one person then I have succeeded with my thread!

Encouraged +1 and I'm sure many more...You're good :) I've officially elected you VJ counselor! Lol...

*** it shall be done in Gods time, not mans time ***

A thousand years to you are like one day; they are like yesterday, already gone, like a short hour in the night. Psalms 90:4

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You will find God and the embassy/us government have little in common, and after 40 posts patting yourself on the back you have a long way to go to show your conviction to being a VJ guide, many have made the same claim and are either gone or their contribution is found on the various game posts. Average time of posting to VJ about 1 year, then they are either off with the spouse or thowing out the fraud card or fighting a denial.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I hope we can all be warm and kind from here on to the people who recently joined. Positive energy is needed in the dreary hum drum of negativity and adds as a nice balance for those who see the cup half full. Everyone's perspective is their own and must be respected.

Advice should be given when asked only and answers should be question specific.

Cynicism really has no place to welcoming a newbie full of happiness to having found this site and to connect with others. This journey drags one down in it's own time without trying to deflate someone with bombardments of negativity.

Truth and facts can be delivered straightforward in a friendly welcoming atmosphere without harsh words. It is so often not what is said but how it is said. Tone steers the direction. We would not dare approach someone harshly that just walked into a room, so why do it here ?

Again, welcome Olumides_girl and may God be with you on your journey. I hope to build a connection and friendship based on mutual respect here with you. You go girl !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Wishing you well with your visa journey. Never be discouraged by the winds that blow but keep your sails hoisted and sail on. Get a filter and let the bad fall through and keep the good. You have what it takes and the right positive attitude.

In all your ways acknowledge the Lord and he will direct your path.

Blessings ~ :D(F)

Thank you thank you! God is truly my strength and my rock...all I know is that if God be for us who can be against us? (this goes for Lagos too)! lol

SAY THAT GIRL... PUSH ON!

pushin' girl! LOL

good attitude and good luck on your journey!!!!! :thumbs:

Thank you so much! and grats on the "approval"....blessings!

Encouraged +1 and I'm sure many more...You're good :) I've officially elected you VJ counselor! Lol...

Thanks homey! You gotta look at this thing through positive lenses especially when it's so easy to get discouraged...one thing I know this journey isn't for the faint of heart....I haven't even filed yet but I know that God will guide me every step of the way! Nice to know I have friends here to root me on! (and visa versa)!

ps....

can't wait to here the rest of the story LOL!

I hope we can all be warm and kind from here on to the people who recently joined. Positive energy is needed in the dreary hum drum of negativity and adds as a nice balance for those who see the cup half full. Everyone's perspective is their own and must be respected.

Advice should be given when asked only and answers should be question specific.

Cynicism really has no place to welcoming a newbie full of happiness to having found this site and to connect with others. This journey drags one down in it's own time without trying to deflate someone with bombardments of negativity.

Truth and facts can be delivered straightforward in a friendly welcoming atmosphere without harsh words. It is so often not what is said but how it is said. Tone steers the direction. We would not dare approach someone harshly that just walked into a room, so why do it here ?

Again, welcome Olumides_girl and may God be with you on your journey. I hope to build a connection and friendship based on mutual respect here with you. You go girl !

Well said...thank you (Bisola2011 I think I have a runner up for VJ counselor here lol) This means a lot to me indeed! I am generally a very positive person but I'd lie if I didn't have my down times...and even thought....man maybe I need to just leave this site! But nah...lol...that was short lived...on to the next thing! I truly appreciate you and I thank you for your respectful straighforwardness...I will do my best to do the same and if I get out of line I know you will help me out! lol....our frienship is already on it's way! :D

Edited by olumides_girl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.