kenh86

noa2 to nvc

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The NOA2 date was on dec. 15th and I called the nvc customer hotline to check the status but still says that theres no record of it. According to the timeline, they are processing dec. 17th. its been like almost 2 weeks. has anyone waiting this long before?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nvc is a long road to travel for some. I received noa2 on October 25, case reached nvc on Oct 31, and i am still waiting for case complete, almost 2 months later. I won't say be patient because I haaaaaaaaaated for someone to say it to me. I will say I waited almost 3 weeks just to even get any emails to pay fees or choice of agent. Calling them will only frustrate you more. Just expect that with the holidays, that they are moving a tad slower than normal processing times indicate.

Timeline

Nvc is a long road to travel for some. I received noa2 on October 25, case reached nvc on Oct 31, and i am still waiting for case complete, almost 2 months later. I won't say be patient because I haaaaaaaaaated for someone to say it to me. I will say I waited almost 3 weeks just to even get any emails to pay fees or choice of agent. Calling them will only frustrate you more. Just expect that with the holidays, that they are moving a tad slower than normal processing times indicate.

how did you find out that your case has reached nvc on oct. 31? did you called them and use the automated service or speak to a rep? When your case has reached to nvc, do they give you a new case number which is different from the NOA2 notice or they use the same one?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

After I got my noa2, I waited a week and called. They confirmed it was there but said it hadn't been assigned a nvc number. So yes they will give you a new number usually it will start with the first letters of your consulate, mine is kng, short for Kingston. But it took 3 weeks before they assigned that number..also when you call to check to see if it has been assigned a nvc number, all ask to see if they have generated a invoice I'd number as well. The invoice I'd number enables you to pay your visa fees.

My NOA-2 was dated Dec. 16. My husband, the petitioner called NVC and spoke to a rep and was advised to call after 2 weeks or wait for 15 days more for the case number. As of yet, they still haven't received our case nor they have assigned a NVC case number. They further told my husband to expect a little delay these days due to the holidays. But I still insist to my husband to call NVC every single day until such time that we receive our case number.

IR-1

----------

USCIS Stage: (164 days)

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC Stage: (46 days)

Dec 19, 2011 - NVC Received

Jan 10, 2012 - Case Number & IIN assigned

Jan 11, 2012 - Emailed DS-3032

Jan 12, 2012 - AOS invoice received

Jan 13, 2012 - AOS paid (Only appeared as PAID on 1.17.2012)

Jan 14, 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

Jan 17, 2012 - IV invoice received & paid

Jan 22, 2012 - Mailed AOS & IV packages to NVC

Jan 30, 2012 - RFE/Checklist for I-864

Feb 01, 2012 - Mailed the IRS tax transcripts to NVC

Feb 03, 2012 - Case complete!!!

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 11, 2012 - Email received for Interview Date

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Mar 06, 2012 - Interview Date (Approved but 221g pending NBI with AKA)

Mar 14, 2012 - Sent a new NBI with AKA to US Embassy via 2Go

Mar 26, 2012 - Issued VISA :)Thank you Lord!

Mar 30, 2012 - Visa Received!!! You are the best LORD!

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

The NOA2 date was on dec. 15th and I called the nvc customer hotline to check the status but still says that theres no record of it. According to the timeline, they are processing dec. 17th. its been like almost 2 weeks. has anyone waiting this long before?

My NOA-2 was dated Dec. 16. My husband, the petitioner called NVC and spoke to a rep and was advised to call after 2 weeks or wait for 15 days more for the case number. As of yet, they still haven't received our case nor they have assigned a NVC case number. They further told my husband to expect a little delay these days due to the holidays. But I still insist to my husband to call NVC every single day until such time that we receive our case number.

Hey all, I think we need to take into account that we are talking about 2 different petitions being filed...

The OP is doing a K1 visa which typically is transferred faster to the NVC and moves along to the consulate faster than it would with a I-130 petition

But OP, just be in contact with the USCIS and of course the NVC and check up with them as to if they've received ur case

bottom line is there is no "normal timing" fo any center to be thru with ur case....but u should always take it upon urself to check out if something seems abnormal to you

Best of luck

Ro

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

uhm - make certain to talk to a human, never ever rely on the AVR for any k-1 visa. The AVR not store data on I-129Fs for subsequent K-1 visa processing, ever.

Some stuff you'll need:

1. Calling Humans - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/ Dodi's posted how to call and who - further down I've posted what you can get from whom, when, and the important timeticks. Read all, map out yer plan, program yer speed dial for NVC and DoS Hotlines.

2. GUZ P3 shortcut - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

3. white books - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/228853-notarial-birth-certificate/

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey ken - you get a human?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

hey ken - you get a human?

Yea, I called and they said it takes at least 15 business days for NVC to receive it. But other rep said that it goes straight to the consulate as per the letter stated. Hopefully the first rep knows what she is talking about. I might have to wait until Jan. 10th to get any updates. Hopefully sooner :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.