seeker2k

Notarial Birth Certificate ?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

Yesterday I (the petitioner) have visited the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China, regarding our proceedings. One of the issues me and my fiance are having, is that she can not obtain an original birth certificate. It is simply impossible because of the time and place she was born at.

We have been told by immigration officer to obtain a "Notarial Birth Certificate" instead. I have never heard of such a thing before and unfortunately trying to get the immigration officer to explain to us what it is or how to get it was like banging my head against a brick wall.

So could someone please explain to me in detail, what exactly and precisely is a "Notarial Birth Certificate" in China and how do we get one ?

Is it a letter written by a witness which has been signed and notarized ? or some sort of a police or other record from her home town ? or is there an actual document named as such in China ? and how do we get it ? Where do we have to go to obtain one ? her home town ? which agency or institution ?

Thank you

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Send this to your Chinese fiancee or spouse.

带着你的户口本和身份证到你所居住社区的居委会开一张出生证明,然后带着户口本,身份证和出生证明到公证处办理出生公证.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

Send this to your Chinese fiancee or spouse.

带着你的户口本和身份证到你所居住社区的居委会开一张出生证明,然后带着户口本,身份证和出生证明到公证处办理出生公证.

Thanks all

that cleared up a lot

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Be absolutely sure you use the "approved" notarial services, and be absolutely sure you also get her police certification, unmarried certification, and (if applicable) her divorce decree certification notarized at the same time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Your notarized/translated documents will all be done by the same office. My wife had her police report, our marriage license, and her birth certificate all done at the our city's notary office which is authorized to do notarizations for foreign consulates. If your wife does a search for "your city (found in her hukou), notary, foreign" in Chinese, for example we did this search "武汉公证涉外"

Our city, Wuhan: 武汉

Notary: 公证 gong1zheng4

Foreign: 涉外 she4wai4

The name of the office is probably (your city) gong1zheng4chu4 - (your city)公证处

All of these will be in a white book. You will probably need photos for all of these, but the requirements are different in different places. I'm sure once you find the proper office's website, you'll find what they require.

Make sure you go to the above office in her city (or city listed in her hukou). Do not go to an alternative notary service, as there are many of them out there. Unfortunately not all services are created equal in the eyes of the Chinese government - thus, not all are qualified for foreign affairs. You're looking for at least a city level notary.

sig-1.png

tlks.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
You're looking

Your wife is very beautiful and you are a lucky man. I am not a lech, just an observer.

Hahahaha....and that is why I will never post personal pics.... :devil:

BTW....Kyle, where in Missouri do you live? I am in St. Louis. :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Timeline
You're looking

Your wife is very beautiful and you are a lucky man. I am not a lech, just an observer.

Hahahaha....and that is why I will never post personal pics.... :devil:

BTW....Kyle, where in Missouri do you live? I am in St. Louis. :thumbs:

Go Cards! I grew up on the east side - Sullivan, MO. Now my wife and I live in KC, however, I've never converted my allegiance to the Royals.

sig-1.png

tlks.png

Timeline
Go Cards! I grew up on the east side - Sullivan, MO. Now my wife and I live in KC, however, I've never converted my allegiance to the Royals.

Good man....very wise decision! How is your wife adjusting to Missouri life?

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

Timeline

Our apartment is in KC, and my wife has visited the States three different times, visiting each time for about a month. Currently, we're still in China, but gearing up to move to the States (March 2010). She likes Missouri a lot, but prefers city life rather than rural. I'm not surprised as she comes from a city of 8 million. She likes KC barbecue and I've gotten her into baseball - she's also a Cards fan. Last time we were in the States during the summer, we saw an I-70 series game. Jingjing and I were the only Cards fans in the whole section.

My wife is looking forward to moving. She's planning on going to school; she has high aspirations - she wants to become a RN. She already has nursing experience in China, but unfortunately, it won't transfer. Obviously, we're sad to leave her family and many friends behind, but because of the Internet - the world is a much smaller place. Jingjing's English is exceptional and she's already made several friends during her previous three visits. I think her biggest concern is finding native Chinese food, which in KCMO is harder to come by than larger cities. We don't really have a China town, per se, it's more like a China building. All-in-all, I think we'll be fine.

sig-1.png

tlks.png

Timeline

Our apartment is in KC, and my wife has visited the States three different times, visiting each time for about a month. Currently, we're still in China, but gearing up to move to the States (March 2010). She likes Missouri a lot, but prefers city life rather than rural. I'm not surprised as she comes from a city of 8 million. She likes KC barbecue and I've gotten her into baseball - she's also a Cards fan. Last time we were in the States during the summer, we saw an I-70 series game. Jingjing and I were the only Cards fans in the whole section.

My wife is looking forward to moving. She's planning on going to school; she has high aspirations - she wants to become a RN. She already has nursing experience in China, but unfortunately, it won't transfer. Obviously, we're sad to leave her family and many friends behind, but because of the Internet - the world is a much smaller place. Jingjing's English is exceptional and she's already made several friends during her previous three visits. I think her biggest concern is finding native Chinese food, which in KCMO is harder to come by than larger cities. We don't really have a China town, per se, it's more like a China building. All-in-all, I think we'll be fine.

Well, I make a mean hotpot, so I will give you an open invitation to come to St. Louis sometime (once Yi is here) and we can watch a game together, have hotpot, and let the girls talk shop. Welcome anytime! :star:

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

my fiancee is from harbin, but she lives in south china. she had her family help her get the single letter and birth certiificate but there is no english translation.

Is enlish translation needed for the birth certificate? she said her local notary does not offer that.

thanks

Timeline
my fiancee is from harbin, but she lives in south china. she had her family help her get the single letter and birth certiificate but there is no english translation.

Is enlish translation needed for the birth certificate? she said her local notary does not offer that.

thanks

Yes, she is going to need the translation... My fiancee went to the office in her hometown with her whitebook and had everything done for about 1500rmb. This was earlier this month. If you want, PM me the address of your fiancee and I can have mine talk to her about what she did.

Timeline

thanks

She will also need a police certificate indicating no crimes. This was also taken care of at the same office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.