loveforever

HELP!!! USCIS has made a mistake???Plz help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Filed our I-130 and received our NOA1 July 5, 2011 and then on Sept. 19, 2011 I received this email

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: WAC1190529625 Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production On September 19, 2011, your document I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of September 19, 2011, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times. *** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Then on Sept. 20, 2011 I called the USCIS and they said that is correct and I checked the website and it said the same thing. I posted in Visa Journey and was told it was probably a mistake. So I contacted the Senator and they said it was mistake. I waited and still have not received any docutment. I have had the Senators office trying to help me and they made a phone call and said that the I-130 is in process and then I did a request to the Senators office and the USCIS sent an email back saying that they appologize that they are past the processing time and that they are trying to make this as fast as possible and sorry for any inconvience this has caused us.

So then I call the USCIS again today December 20, 2011 and they are still saying that this is correct and I had them put in a service request to find out where this docutment is. They said they will be sending a new one that it is probably lost or something of this nature. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, in which i was under the impression that they know more but she told me alot of the same thing but added that maybe the case has gone to the NVC in this time. I asked if that is true they would be able to pull up our case and she said yes. So then I called the Visa office in Washington and they directed me to the NVC with the correct phone number. I then called the NVC and they did not have our case she did input the case number twice.

So my big question is what is next we are here in limbo with no real answers dieing fromt he pain of being kept apart all the time and no one knows where our case acutally is. We have been married 2 yrs. and 9 months and this is our second time for the process and we are heart broken.

PLZ I need any ones help to know what to do so we can finally be together and actually start our family before we die from the pain of this paper work and red tape.

I welcome any help.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

a lot of filers at the california center are goin through the same thing. they are badly backlogged and are said to be currently processing case filed june 16, 2011 so your should not be long now. The holidays are not helping matters aloso

Stay strong

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I read and re-read your post and it seems like they sent you an email to say they touched your case and you should have gotten an update or NOA2 within 30 days of the Septmber date. It goes on to say you will get the document within 30 days of application approval. Really it would have been better if they said nothing and just let you wait the average 5 to 7 months because in actuality that is how long it is taking them to process the application. All that email did was cause confusion, and I can completely understand your frustration. It is good you did a service request if takes them about a month it so to get a reply at least that is how long it to them to reply to me. I got the NOA2 approval after 7 months which seems to be the new average. I know it is not what you want to hear at this point. Keep the faith and your approval of the application should come soon.

The last update you got shows the last status at USCIS. I did not get anything from the post that the case is at NVC, it is just completely unacceptable that a Supervisor at USCIS states "it may be at NVC" they should know the status. Ironically, we sent our petition around the same time last year 7Jul 2010 and we got approved on 15 Feb 2011 and we got the Visa on 2 Aug.

I hope it all comes to a quick closure for you so your family can be together soon.

God Bless,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Filed our I-130 and received our NOA1 July 5, 2011 and then on Sept. 19, 2011 I received this email

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: WAC1190529625 Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production On September 19, 2011, your document I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of September 19, 2011, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times. *** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

It doesn't sound right, that's not what the NOA2 email says. What it says is "On NOA2 date we mailed you a notice that your petition I130 blabla has been approved".

So it does sound like a mistake to me. There's no document in production at this stage.

However, USCIS making a mistake is a base to request expedite of the case, so what I would do if I were you is print the e-mail they sent to your senator and send it to USCIS with an expedite request letter based on an error from their service. You might want to call them back to know where/how to send the request.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Oh and in your letter be polite but harsh, telling them to clean up their mess and reminding them they are required by law to process your petition. Plus try to get your senator back you up in this expedite request.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It did read to me like they were not following the regular processing procedures ofcourse that email came to you shortly after you contacted your Senator on 11 Sep 2011, which could have come as a response to their inquiry on your case. If you do wish to continue with an expedite request the following is what is stated on the USCIS website:

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

•Severe financial loss to company or individual

•Extreme emergent situation

•Humanitarian situation

•Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States

•Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

•USCIS error

•Compelling interest of USCIS

Note: Discretionary expedite requests for petitions and applications that have Premium Processing Service available will not be considered for expedite processing. The only exception is when the petitioner is a not-for-profit organization designated by the Internal Revenue Service. For information regarding premium processing, please refer to the premium processing webpage.

If you have already filed your application or petition:

You can make an expedite request by contacting the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. The NCSC will take a “service request” and forward your expedite request to the office with jurisdiction over the application or petition. You also have the options of 1). visiting your local office by scheduling an InfoPass appointment or 2). writing a letter to the local office or service center.

Good luck and God Bless,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it's really hard to determine how to answer you, as yer timeline is blank over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=78719

Since all you have, though, is the NOA-1, it may be that the case was approved - USCIS would know more about the casefile status - have the USCitizen Spouse call in, ask for casefile status.

For now, disregard the 'email' you received about card production ordered - yer not at that step, or even 1 step prior.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.