Buerm

Going Insane

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Okay so I am compiling my I-129F and I am going insane right now because I am double checking and I keep coming on here to read everything and I see things that will be needed in the future. I just want to make sure I don't need them now. Can someone please look over what I have so far and tell me if I am missing anything.

1) G-1145

2) Cover Letter

3) Check for $340

4) I-129F Form

5) G-325A (Petitioner)

-Passport-like Photo

-U.S Citizen Letter of Intent to Marry

-Birth Certificate

-Passport Frontpage

6) G-325A (Beneficiary)

-Passport-like Photo

-Fiance Citizen Letter of Intent to Marry

- Birth Certificate (native and translated w/ verification of translator)

7) All Evidence Pertaining to Meeting and Further Interaction

-Photos

-Chat Logs

-Phone Records

-Plane Ticket

-Passport Stamp

My main concern is that I see forms: I-134, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, DS-158, and DS-230. I am unsure about which of these need to be sent with this package, if any. The I-134 Affidavit of Support, does this need to be filled out and turned in with the I-129F? Would it hurt if I sent it with anyway? The DS-156 concerns me because you cannot save a copy of this and it almost looks like it must be filled out with the consular. Would it hurt or help if I sent all of these anyway? Any explanation these forms and anything I am missing will be much appreciated. I cannot wait to go through all of this so I can help people in the future too. Thanks so much!!

REMEMBER!!! PASSPORT US CITIZEN, ALL PAGES! Not just biographic page, We got RFE due to just biographic page... blessings!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

But it is recommended. Call USCIS

No need for me to call the misinformation line. You do not have to send in a front and back copy of your social security card to be approved for the K-1 petition. Showing my SS card was not needed at any point through filing the K-1 petition, my husband's K-1 visa interview, or when filing AOS and the AOS interview for my husband to get his green card. I was pointing out that I have never seen it asked for and it is not required, since you were essentially telling the OP he needed to send that in with his I-129F and he does not.

Copy of your SS card is not needed or required.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

No need for me to call the misinformation line. You do not have to send in a front and back copy of your social security card to be approved for the K-1 petition. Showing my SS card was not needed at any point through filing the K-1 petition, my husband's K-1 visa interview, or when filing AOS and the AOS interview for my husband to get his green card. I was pointing out that I have never seen it asked for and it is not required, since you were essentially telling the OP he needed to send that in with his I-129F and he does not.

Copy of your SS card is not needed or required.

:thumbs: i have never seen anyone that has sent in or even recommended sending in a copy of the SS card

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

your already going insane over just filing the I-129F so how bout you get that done and then move your attention to what comes next??

Amen to that. It's fine to know what's down the road, but focus on the task at hand - without that, everything else won't happen at all.

Pay attention to the directions - if you actually read the instructions supplied by USCIS (on the same page where you downloaded the I-129F), specifically the bit about the passport, it's right there in black and white: "You must submit copies of all pages in the passport" (emphasis mine)

Here's the link so you can check it out yourself: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

The part I referenced is on page two, left side, toward the bottom.

Timeline

Pay attention to the directions - if you actually read the instructions supplied by USCIS (on the same page where you downloaded the I-129F), specifically the bit about the passport, it's right there in black and white: "You must submit copies of all pages in the passport" (emphasis mine)

Here's the link so you can check it out yourself: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

The part I referenced is on page two, left side, toward the bottom.

Just wanted to say again, those are the instructions and they are to be followed IF you are using your passport to prove your citizenship in lieu of your birth certificate. He is providing a copy of his birth cert, so he does not need to send in all the pages of his passport too.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I was told to send them a copy when I called. Don't send it; if you get an RFE for it, oh well. I'd rather have it and not need it that need it and not have it.

But, instead of listening to all of us who are not USCIS agents, why don't you give them a call yourself?

Timeline

I was told to send them a copy when I called. Don't send it; if you get an RFE for it, oh well. I'd rather have it and not need it that need it and not have it.

But, instead of listening to all of us who are not USCIS agents, why don't you give them a call yourself?

The USCIS hotline is notorious for giving out misinformation. They read from scripts and most do not know much about how the process actually works and plays out. They are not trained immigration officers. I would not trust anything they 'recommend'. You can put 'USCIS misinformation hotline' in the search box here and see for yourself all the posts that mention it.

No one will get an RFE for a copy of their SS card because it is NOT required for a K-1 fiance(e) visa petition. My husband came on a K-1 and we married, filed AOS and he has his green card. No one ever asked me for a copy of my SS card, nor did I get any RFEs through the K-1 and AOS processes. The I-129F instructions do not ask for it, and no one I have ever heard of has sent in a copy of it. I have certainly never seen anyone post here that they got an RFE asking for a copy of their SS card.

You can send it if you like. No one will stop you. However, it is not required and you should not post to people that it is. They have enough to worry about trying to get together all the documents that are actually required. No reason to confuse people by adding in things they do not need to worry about or send in. That was my point to begin with. Read through the I-129F instructions from the USCIS website. I would trust the tried and true instructions over the misinformation hotline anytime. It is not asked for anywhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.