GringoD

What's the most RFE's.....?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wrote a post about an RFE I received last a week ago Monday, (for which I'm putting my responses in the mail, back to Vermont today).

It was an RFE that clearly was appropriate, yet unexpected (about me not saying, "We Never Got Married", when I asked a lady 3 years ago, to return to Colombia, within the 90 days, which she did).

I don't expect any more RFE's! :)

But.... you never know.

What I'm wondering is,... IS IT MOST USUAL,... that they have scoped the entire package and ONE RFE IS USUAL, AVERAGE FOR THOSE THAT RECEIVE ONE???

Or, is it common, that AFTER RESPONDING to an initial RFE, that folks have also received a second? or, third? more?

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Usually people get one RFE. However there been cases after you send response to the initial RFE, they can issue another RFE based on those responses.

Hopefully they will get satisfied with that and will approve you. Good luck!!!

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wrote a post about an RFE I received last a week ago Monday, (for which I'm putting my responses in the mail, back to Vermont today).

It was an RFE that clearly was appropriate, yet unexpected (about me not saying, "We Never Got Married", when I asked a lady 3 years ago, to return to Colombia, within the 90 days, which she did).

But.... you never know.

What I'm wondering is,... IS IT MOST USUAL,... that they have scoped the entire package and ONE RFE IS USUAL, AVERAGE FOR THOSE THAT RECEIVE ONE???

Or, is it common, that AFTER RESPONDING to an initial RFE, that folks have also received a second? or, third? more?

I think it is possible to get a 2nd RFE, but seems unlikely. I think they're pretty diligent about checking the package and then sending you an RFE for what they need (may it be 1 thing or many) so they can finish yours and move on. However they are human and can and do make mistakes just like us (those who've forgotten or missed a simple checkbox like me to get an RFE).

The more you research this, like I, the more you'll find that most people have received only 1 RFE (for those who had an RFE) in their I-129F before NOA2.

event.png

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)

GOD is GOOD!! =)

Timeline

Good answers, as I expected but.. there's gotta be more people with experience out there than just 2!

______

and, other question.... I'm on my way in a few to put my response to the RFE in the mail.

I'm jus guessin,.... Highly Recommended to mail this also, CERTIFIFIED, w/Return Receipt Requested?!?

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

What next?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Curious, what did you end up doing with that? Did you send in a notarized affidavit stating you never got married to that individual?

Good luck btw!

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

But.... you never know.

They send ONE RFE. If you respond with what they need you will be approved. If you do not you will be denied. They do not do RFEs over and over and over. They look at your file ONCE, it is approved or an RFE is sent. If an RFE is sent they will look at it ONCE more. If it is not satisfactory then they deny the petition and you start over.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I received 2 RFEs during AOS. They were asking for something that did not exist. I replied stating so and included a print out from a gov't website stating that as well as a form that was the closet thing to what they were asking. I sent it in and received another RFE shortly after asking for the same thing again. I called the misinformation line and the guy I spoke to said "that's odd, send the same thing in again." I ignored him.

I called my tax lady who searched for tax codes proving what I had originally stated. Got a letter from my former foreign employer stating that they did not issue what was being asked for and sent in the printout from the gov't website and other document again. Besides being incrediably frustrating it didn't really delay our process that much and it only took 4 months from filing to receiving greencard.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What's the most RFE's. - 117.

The adjudicator not only lost most of the evidence, but got the casefile confused with another casefile of a different type.

All were surprised here, but after some phone calls, it got sorted, back to 'no rfe needed'

---

ps - please make a timeline at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=20640 nowish. TIA !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Darnell... somehow, I figured you'd come up with THE EXTREME CASE SITUATION.

Rather than, an average,... a norm.

117!? Interesting, however. For about 3 seconds.

and, my timeline is here... on my signature.

Really..., I don't have time to mess with it, and I think it's mostly useless, since every case is unique. Just for you though, I'll get around tuit... someday. Maybe after Christmas/New Years and I've got a couple more important items/projects completed.

Edited by GringoD

What next?

Timeline

Curious, what did you end up doing with that? Did you send in a notarized affidavit stating you never got married to that individual?

Good luck btw!

Hey there, J and S!

I took YOUR advice about the 'Non Impediment' statement from the Clerk of Courts Office.

Mostly... because YOUR ADVICE CONCURRED WITH the second tiered advisor that I spoke with, same day, week ago last Monday, at the USCICS, ... When I attempted cordially to press them with EXACTLY WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD Do/WANT DO YOU WANT ME TO... DO????

That advisor told me to do what you recommended.

They did the search.

And, then issued a statement called a CLERK OF COURTS NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF MARRIAGE.

Signed and Sealed.

Then, I had my One-and-Only Divorce Attorney from 8 years ago, who is now also a client/friend of mine write a statement on her letterhead as to the same information.

Lastly, I wrote a statement myself, witnessed by my daughter, and notorized by the 'sister of my ex-'... that I had NOT EVER MARRIED N.C.M. (1st colombian fiancee, 2008).

So, I had 3 documents that I sent today with a nice cover letter in RESPONSE TO THE R.F.E.

I really don't expect anything until after the first of 2012, with the Holidays upon us.

But.... all you VJ'ers will be amongst the first to know... if I am wrong and/or when NOA2/APPROVAL is issued!

Edited by GringoD

What next?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hey there, J and S!

I took YOUR advice about the 'Non Impediment' statement from the Clerk of Courts Office.

Mostly... because YOUR ADVICE CONCURRED WITH the second tiered advisor that I spoke with, same day, week ago last Monday, at the USCICS, ... When I attempted cordially to press them with EXACTLY WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD Do/WANT DO YOU WANT ME TO... DO????

That advisor told me to do what you recommended.

They did the search.

And, then issued a statement called a CLERK OF COURTS NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF MARRIAGE.

Signed and Sealed.

Then, I had my One-and-Only Divorce Attorney from 8 years ago, who is now also a client/friend of mine write a statement on her letterhead as to the same information.

Lastly, I wrote a statement myself, witnessed by my daughter, and notorized by the 'sister of my ex-'... that I had NOT EVER MARRIED N.C.M. (1st colombian fiancee, 2008).

So, I had 3 documents that I sent today with a nice cover letter in RESPONSE TO THE R.F.E.

I really don't expect anything until after the first of 2012, with the Holidays upon us.

But.... all you VJ'ers will be amongst the first to know... if I am wrong and/or when NOA2/APPROVAL is issued!

Yeah it's such a weird case. You would think that there'd be a simple way to look that up, but I guess not.

Good luck with the outcome! Sounds like you provided enough proof for them crazy people.

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Timeline

Darnell... somehow, I figured you'd come up with THE EXTREME CASE SITUATION.

Rather than, an average,... a norm.

117!? Interesting, however. For about 3 seconds.

Sorry, was responding specifically to the title of yer post.

Was the tile interesting for 3 seconds? You decide, ah?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Darnell... thanks for being direct.

guess I'm not use to that, on this site.

What next?

Timeline

And, of course I should have entitled this thread:

....."What's the TYPICAL, usual amount of number of RFE's received per case, if any at all?"

Darnell, I'm recommending you for position at USCIS as a reviewer,... because you are a person of detail, directness, and precision. AND, Maybe you can then help some of the good VJ people along quickly in this process

What next?

Timeline

GringoD - to whom?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.