Obama 2012

Canada - no more veils allowed at swearing in ceremonies.

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Sad bit of propaganda used as a red herring Sofiyya. Don't worry, it was a rhetorical question. Everyone here, including you knows that Hamas is the terrorist organization in question.

Everybody knows the founders of Israel knew that terrorism works, that's why they used it to steal land. Now, they want it stopped when used against them. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Once again, since you ignore what's indefensible about Israel:

Israel celebrates Irgun hotel bombers

By Harry de Quetteville, in Jerusalem12:01AM BST 22 Jul 2006

In the midst of its campaign against Hizbollah and Hamas "terrorists", Israel has been accused by Britain of feting Jewish "terrorists" whose bomb attack killed 28 Britons 60 years ago today.

The accusation, which reopens the debate about the use of politically-inspired violence in the region, follows the unveiling of a plaque commemorating the attack on the King David hotel in Jerusalem on July 22, 1946, by the Irgun Jewish "resistance" to British mandate rule in Palestine. The 28 Britons were among 91 people killed.

This week, former Irgun fighters and current Right-wing politicians unveiled the plaque at the hotel, which read: "The hotel housed the Mandate Secretariat as well as the Army Headquarters. On July 22, 1946, Irgun fighters at the order of the Hebrew Resistance Movement planted explosives in the basement. Warning phone calls had been made urging the hotel's occupants to leave immediately. For reasons known only to the British, the hotel was not evacuated and after 25 minutes the bombs exploded, and to the Irgun's regret and dismay 91 persons were killed."

But Israel's celebration of its "freedom fighters" remains highly controversial at a time when it continues to pound Palestinian "terrorists".

Tzipi Livni, Israel's foreign minister, has found herself deeply embroiled in the debate - her father, Eitan, was Irgun's chief operations officer.

Simon Macdonald, the British ambassador to Israel, and consul general John Jenkins, wrote to the mayor of Jerusalem protesting at the plaque. "We don't think it's right for an act of terrorism to be commemorated," their letter read.

The embassy said: "There is no credible evidence that any warning reached the British authorities." The plaque has subsequently been amended, dropping the implication that Britain ignored any warnings.

Ya, just yesterday we executed two women here in Alaska for witchcraft and sorcery and stuck a few more in prison for getting raped.

We sentence teenagers and the mentally ill to death. How many other countries do that?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

cropped-red-herring-banner3.jpg

Yet another one from you Sofi. You must not understand the concept of a rhetorical question. It is a verifiable fact that Hamas is a terrorist organization. It is an opinion that the Israeli government is one, and a minority opinion at that.

Timeline

Yet another one from you Sofi. You must not understand the concept of a rhetorical question. It is a verifiable fact that Hamas is a terrorist organization. It is an opinion that the Israeli government is one, and a minority opinion at that.

You hide behind a list that's a partisan fail, as if that negates verifiable history, current and past. It doesn't.

The Jews over there are more Western thinking than the Arabs but don't ever think that they are up to anything other than no good when it comes to grabbing land. They wrote the book on it before Hitler ever came to power when they helped to commit Europe's biggest genocide in the form of the Bolshevik movement. Those are the same Jews who ran the show in Israel for years and it's their descendants who are calling the shots now. There has only been one Israeli prime minister that was actually born there.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You have a few pics, I've been there. I believe my own eyes.

Wish it was just these pics......unfortunately thats not how it is.

At the end of the day the argument is fitting into the local customs..... to which as usual you would never agree to fit into social customs, norms and tradition of the country you choose to live in on your free will based on your religion and you would expect the other ppl in the country to change their culture, tradition and norm to match yours.

Timeline

The Jews over there are more Western thinking than the Arabs but don't ever think that they are up to anything other than no good when it comes to grabbing land. They wrote the book on it before Hitler ever came to power when they helped to commit Europe's biggest genocide in the form of the Bolshevik movement. Those are the same Jews who ran the show in Israel for years and it's their descendants who are calling the shots now. There has only been one Israeli prime minister that was actually born there.

Little known fact: about half the Jews in Israel are are Arab. Even among Jews, there's multiculturalism.

Edited by Sofiyya

Timeline

Wish it was just these pics......unfortunately thats not how it is.

At the end of the day the argument is fitting into the local customs..... to which as usual you would never agree to fit into social customs, norms and tradition of the country you choose to live in on your free will based on your religion and you would expect the other ppl in the country to change their culture, tradition and norm to match yours.

:rofl: You have quite the imagination. I've lived all around the world and have never done any such thing.

Ok so which countries would a western women be expected to wear a veil?

You should have asked her; "What countries expect a woman to cover her head?"

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

If i was walking around with a ski mask on, pretty sure I'd get stopped and asked what I was up to. Covering your face, in my opinion is kind of a security issue. At most banks, you're not even allowed to wear a hat or hood on your coat...

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail

Timeline

If i was walking around with a ski mask on, pretty sure I'd get stopped and asked what I was up to. Covering your face, in my opinion is kind of a security issue. At most banks, you're not even allowed to wear a hat or hood on your coat...

The veil refers to the head covering. The face covering is called "niqaab". We're not discussing "niqaab".

The veil refers to the head covering. The face covering is called "niqaab". We're not discussing "niqaab".

"Requiring that all candidates show their faces while reciting the oath allows judges and everyone present to share in the ceremony," Kenney said in a speech in Montreal.

'Kenney said some citizenship judges were concerned that some Muslim women wearing face coverings were not actually reciting the oath.'

"Kenney's announcement will affect women wearing the niqab -- a face veil with an eye opening -- as well as the burqa, which has a full face covering with a mesh area to allow vision."

Pretty sure the article is addressing the niqab. I have no problems with head coverings. Face coverings should be a no-no - for everyone, not just Muslims. People should be bale to see who you are! Back when I was in highschool, kids weren't allowed to wear masks because it posed a threat.

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail