paustin

K1 visa financial situation

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi my sister situation is a little bit complicated with the fiance's financial situation. He self-employed but due to the economy, his tax showed negative number under AGI. BUt he's fully employed now by the local company and have earned the w2 that meets the poverty guideline. But how do we prove that to the embassy for my sister interview knowing his tax transcript shows negative number?

I am a lawful permanent resident. Can I be a joint sponsor? Or that would put a red flag to the embassy?

Filed: Timeline

Under Cambodia embassy -

Hi my sister situation is a little bit complicated with the fiance's financial situation. He self-employed but due to the economy, his tax showed negative number under AGI. BUt he's fully employed now by the local company and have earned the w2 that meets the poverty guideline. But how do we prove that to the embassy for my sister interview knowing his tax transcript shows negative number?

I am a lawful permanent resident. Can I be a joint sponsor? Or that would put a red flag to the embassy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Recent paystubs and an employer letter would be used to support the current income claim.

Yes, you can be a joint sponsor.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Her fiance can show a letter from his employer stating his position, starting date and salary along with a few months worth of recent pay stubs to prove his current income. You could also fill out your own I-134 to be the backup joint sponsor just in case one is needed anyway. You provide the same evidence, employer letter, most recent tax transcript, recent pay stubs and a copy of your green card front and back to prove you are an LPR.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Line 22 on the tax return is what the Consulate looks at to determine whether the income is sufficient to support the fiance. If below 125% of poverty guideline he will need a co-sponsor.

You can not be a co-ponsor. Co-sponsor needs to be USC. Even if you were a USC, not a good idea for you to be co-sponor bcause Consulate may see this as a non bonafied relationship between your sister and her fiance, with only purpose of K-1 to immigrate.

Need to find an acceptable co-sponsor with acceptable income.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

Line 22 on the tax return is what the Consulate looks at to determine whether the income is sufficient to support the fiance. If below 125% of poverty guideline he will need a co-sponsor.

You can not be a co-ponsor. Co-sponsor needs to be USC. Even if you were a USC, not a good idea for you to be co-sponor bcause Consulate may see this as a non bonafied relationship between your sister and her fiance, with only purpose of K-1 to immigrate.

Need to find an acceptable co-sponsor with acceptable income.

Co-sponsors do not need to be a USC. They can be a USC or LPR, over the age of 18 and living in the US.

It is my understanding from the OP's post that his sister's fiance is now fully employed by a company and no longer self-employed.

However, you are correct about a possible red flag with the brother being the co-sponsor if this is for a high fraud country. I have no idea which consulate this is for and they may not even accept a co-sponsor.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics merged

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please note that even though the income tax return is not what you would like to show, it is a requirement in most embassies, so you will have to bring it along with his recent proofs of income (pay stubs, letter from employer, etc.).

The whole purpose is to show that he can support his fiancee without assistance from the US government.

"A man does not know how alive he can be until a sweet Pinay steals his heart."

my point of view

11/08/2007 - Annulment Process Started

08/21/2008 - Annulment Granted

09/05/2008 - Annulment Court Order Issued

09/10/2008 - Mailed I-129F

09/12/2008 - NOA1 Issued

01/29/2009 - NOA2 Issued

02/07/2009 - Manila Case Number Letter Received from NVC

03/02/2009 - Passed Medical

03/23/2009 - Interview

05/13/2009 - Arrived in US

06/01/2009 - Applied for SSN

06/02/2009 - Pending Immunizations done

06/05/2009 - Received SSN

06/22/2009 - Got Married "downtown" style

06/27/2009 - Requested sealed envelop with immunization form from Civil Dr.

07/03/2009 - Received sealed envelop from Dr.

07/14/2009 - Mailed the AOS

07/16/2009 - AOS arrived USCIS

07/20/2009 - AOS NOA1 Issued

08/21/2009 - Biometrics at local USCIS Office

09/10/2009 - Received EAD cards

11/17/2009 - AOS interview. Given a favorable decision.

11/27/2009 - Received the GC

10/07/2011 - Mailed the ROC

10/11/2011 - Arrived at VSC

10/18/2011 - ROC NOA Received (contains the 1 year extension)

11/14/2011 - Received ROC Biometrics Appointment Notification

12/09/2011 - ROC Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have made over the poverty level this year and am taking that tax form for this year (2011) I am self employed so no payroll stubs. My CPA has agreed to do mine 1st so I can take it with me to interview in January.ll haathi

Timeline

Back to my original question. I am currently on conditional green card 2 years, will get 10 years in July. Can I be co-sponsor or not for the K1? Or I have to be USC?

As I posted yesterday, a co-sponsor can be a USC or an LPR(green card holder) that is over the age of 18 and lives in the US. You can co-sponsor since you are an LPR.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Back to my original question. I am currently on conditional green card 2 years, will get 10 years in July. Can I be co-sponsor or not for the K1? Or I have to be USC?

Yes, you (or any other Green Card holder) can be a joint sponsor.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.