Eesaan

So what happens to couples who don't get the visa???

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Countless threads on VJ have been dedicated to this subject. It's not a new problem. Do some back reading. As for the government making it cheaper and easier, don't count on it. It's as expensive as it needs to be to support USCIS and the DOS, and it's as difficult as it needs to be to weed out fraud. Does it suck? Yeah, it sucks, but immigration is a privilege, not a right.

If my husband had been denied, I'd be chillin in Morocco right now. I wish I was chillin in Morocco right now. The climate sucks here, politically, financially, and weather wise. le sigh.

Well chilling in Morocco is very hard unless you a have higher education(master's degree,or bachelors degree) there is very little employment there for an american nor moroccan,then what is the pay? If you come from a well off family then that's good whih is rare(who can facilitate and assist a person's stay then this is good) Poverty is wide spread in Morocco. For husbands and wives I believe the costs should be free like it is for married couples inside the USA(lol). I think a new awareness should be made known to people pursuing this path. Islamically I'd prefer to be in Morocco,but everyone going down this path isnt a muslim.

Timeline

Well chilling in Morocco is very hard unless you a have higher education(master's degree,or bachelors degree) there is very little employment there for an american nor moroccan,then what is the pay? If you come from a well off family then that's good whih is rare(who can facilitate and assist a person's stay then this is good) Poverty is wide spread in Morocco. For husbands and wives I believe the costs should be free like it is for married couples inside the USA(lol). I think a new awareness should be made known to people pursuing this path. Islamically I'd prefer to be in Morocco,but everyone going down this path isnt a muslim.

Made free meaning that pursuing a marriage relationship inside the usa between two americans doesnt require nonsense like the affidavit of support or immigration visa fees, alot of these papers were free at one time,so why should the govt profit of what comes natural or what takes place daily,just because it is outisde usa soil? The privilege and right argument I've heard often similar to a driver's license.As for fraudulent marriages then there should thorough checking and du diligence on the part of the govt in finding it and stopping it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As for fraudulent marriages then there should thorough checking and due diligence on the part of the govt in finding it and stopping it.

So what is your problem.

There are no profits from the fees, they are set to recover costs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

So what is your problem.

There are no profits from the fees, they are set to recover costs.

then there should be* thorough checking...I'm saying there shouldnt be such an expensive price tag slapped on the pursuit of love and happiness. That's my problem

Timeline

then there should be* thorough checking...I'm saying there shouldnt be such an expensive price tag slapped on the pursuit of love and happiness. That's my problem

Then stay away from long distance relationships.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Then stay away from long distance relationships.

It's not a problem for me,but for some others it's misery. Let the govt warn the people about the pros and cons of securing a visa especially when it isnt a definite process meaning once on visas and then the ones who hire lawyers, for something that is indefinite. Boiler you should stay away from EVERYONE with your mentality. :rofl:

Timeline

It's not a problem for me,but for some others it's misery. Let the govt warn the people about the pros and cons of securing a visa especially when it isnt a definite process meaning once on visas and then the ones who hire lawyers, for something that is indefinite. Boiler you should stay away from EVERYONE with your mentality. :rofl:

Since when has been obtaining a visa every been guaranteed?

In case you missed it, the Consulate has a specific warning: http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiance-visas.html

Timeline

Since when has been obtaining a visa every been guaranteed?

In case you missed it, the Consulate has a specific warning: http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiance-visas.html

How many people know that from the beginning,before they actually start a relationship? Go get me a link for that :dance:

Timeline

I did, she made it very obvious that she was an American.

Now admittedly originally the idea was that she was going to move to the UK, things changed. As they often do. I note a distressing lack of flexibility in many of these posts. Somebody has to move eventually, often it seems only the non American.

If you are talking about this Consulate then most seem to connect through Social Media, and the ones I use show your location.

Timeline

I did, she made it very obvious that she was an American.

Now admittedly originally the idea was that she was going to move to the UK, things changed. As they often do. I note a distressing lack of flexibility in many of these posts. Somebody has to move eventually, often it seems only the non American.

If you are talking about this Consulate then most seem to connect through Social Media, and the ones I use show your location.

Yes and a lot of moroccans have ruined it for honest folks trying to get married in morocco and also have ruined it for people who will have meet with the consulate for a visa. The consulate's warning is 100% correct,honestly has marriage became as simple as an online purchase? Online marriage is garbage!!!!!!! It is better and safer for a person to go and see what's really going on then flirting for a billion years(which is generally haram(prohibited)for a muslim)then making decisions online and not actually knowing the person's history Morocco is full of bribery for ANYTHING,just trusting a court and police report isnt suffice. These two items dont give information on character,and how the family is. Mail order bride/groom ####### is #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Poverty and joblessness are widespread here too, genius. At least it's cheaper to be poor in Morocco. I did live in Morocco. Not all Americans are obsessed with owning big cars and big houses. Ask me, and I'll tell you, I'd rather be poor and happy living by my means than poor and miserable and in constant debt.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes and a lot of moroccans have ruined it for honest folks trying to get married in morocco and also have ruined it for people who will have meet with the consulate for a visa. The consulate's warning is 100% correct,honestly has marriage became as simple as an online purchase? Online marriage is garbage!!!!!!! It is better and safer for a person to go and see what's really going on then flirting for a billion years(which is generally haram(prohibited)for a muslim)then making decisions online and not actually knowing the person's history Morocco is full of bribery for ANYTHING,just trusting a court and police report isnt suffice. These two items dont give information on character,and how the family is. Mail order bride/groom ####### is #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's sounds to me from what you've been spouting that you have some very narrow and shallow views of the individuals that get involved in long distance/immigrant relationships. Stick to helping clueless Moroccans. I don't think people here need much help from you.

Timeline

My views are reality,and I don't believe you lived in morocco because if you did ,you wouldn't of made such a stupid comparison between poverty and joblessness of America to the poverty and joblessness of morocco. It's like night and day.... Daaaaaaw!!!!!!

It's moroccans who find clueless Americans like you and then dump them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Countless threads on VJ have been dedicated to this subject. It's not a new problem. Do some back reading. As for the government making it cheaper and easier, don't count on it. It's as expensive as it needs to be to support USCIS and the DOS, and it's as difficult as it needs to be to weed out fraud. Does it suck? Yeah, it sucks, but immigration is a privilege, not a right.

If my husband had been denied, I'd be chillin in Morocco right now. [[[[[[[[[[[[i wish I was chillin in Morocco right now. The climate sucks here, politically, financially, and weather wise. le sigh.]]]]]]]]]]

Ha ha!! aint that the truth!! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My views are reality,and I don't believe you lived in morocco because if you did ,you wouldn't of made such a stupid comparison between poverty and joblessness of America to the poverty and joblessness of morocco. It's like night and day.... Daaaaaaw!!!!!!

It's moroccans who find clueless Americans like you and then dump them.

Wow, did you just say that?!?!? Maybe you should know people before you make such assumptions, because you are soooo wrong. And that was very rude and uncalled for...

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.