one...two...tree

Student questions Michele Bachmann on gay rights

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

On Wednesday, presidential candidate Michele Bachmann held a town hall meeting at the Pizza Ranch in Waverly, Iowa. The highlight of the evening came when a high school student in attendance raised her hand and asked Bachmann what she would do to support and protect the gay community.

Bachmann responded that all Americans should and do have the same rights, which drew a smattering of applause. The student responded: "Well, why can't same-sex couples get married?" Bachmann responded that gay men and lesbians do in fact have the same rights as everyone else because they can marry members of the opposite sex. So, a gay man could marry a woman. And a lesbian woman could marry a man. Even though they are gay. Got that?

You can watch a video of the full exchange, which also touches on prayer in school, after the jump below.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She's an idiot.

Edited by maning

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

She's an idiot.

Yeah, she tried to sand-bag Bachmann and ended up looking kinda vacant when she got an answer she didn't like.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Whoops!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Anyone can own their own Lear Jet - so long as they have the money - so you cant

Anyone can have sex with a 13 year old - as long as they wait 5 years first

Anyone can fly, as long as they lose 95% of their body weight and grow wings

Anyone can stop being gay - Barkmad's husband did - and that is confirmed by all his boyfriends

Actually I think she was thinking of him when she said it - he is as ####### as a nine bob note that guy !

His job is to spend all day closeted with homosexual men, persuading them to start chasing skirt he says - and what attracted you to this job sir ?

I mean, I wouldn't, would you ? Converting lesbians would be better than that. I did that once but I was scared of her girlfriend so I bugged out

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline
His job is to spend all day closeted with homosexual men, persuading them to start chasing skirt he says - and what attracted you to this job sir?

What attracted him to this job? The federal teat. Yes, that federal teat which the Bachmann's have spent a lifetime sucking on.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What attracted him to this job? The federal teat. Yes, that federal teat which the Bachmann's have spent a lifetime sucking on.

...or in his case, the federal phallus.

Timeline

The student isn't the idiot. The Congresswoman is.

Exactly. I was referring to Michelle Bachmann, but I guess Republicans here like to twist my words to fit their agenda, just like she did in the clip. She knew perfectly well what the student meant, but rather than give a proper answer, she preferred to mock the student by skirting the question. I bet they spend hours and millions of dollars of consulting fees to come up with that answer.

It won't be long though before gay marriage is the law of the land though. Also, I don't quite understand how some people on VJ can be so against gay marriage and they are hear complaining about how the government won't let them marry their foreign fiancees/spouses. The level of ignorance is just baffling.

Vermont Service Center

Exactly. I was referring to Michelle Bachmann, but I guess Republicans here like to twist my words to fit their agenda, just like she did in the clip. She knew perfectly well what the student meant, but rather than give a proper answer, she preferred to mock the student by skirting the question. I bet they spend hours and millions of dollars of consulting fees to come up with that answer.

It won't be long though before gay marriage is the law of the land though. Also, I don't quite understand how some people on VJ can be so against gay marriage and they are hear complaining about how the government won't let them marry their foreign fiancees/spouses. The level of ignorance is just baffling.

I'l tell ya why. Because some of us here including myself find the homosexual lifestyle sick and repulsive and we don't want our children thinking it's the norm. Next up will be people marrying their pets.

Marriage is between a man and a woman.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I'l tell ya why. Because some of us here including myself find the homosexual lifestyle sick and repulsive and we don't want our children thinking it's the norm. Next up will be people marrying their pets.

Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Marrying pets really?... I figured that would come up when mentioning gay marriage. Same way 50 years ago, people thought interracial marriages were sick and repulsive and it wasn't till the mid 90's that interracial marriages was above the 50 percent approval rating in our nation. Glad to see old views eventually die out and the next generation are more accepting.

Vermont Service Center

Marrying pets really?... I figured that would come up when mentioning gay marriage. Same way 50 years ago, people thought interracial marriages were sick and repulsive and it wasn't till the mid 90's that interracial marriages was above the 50 percent approval rating in our nation. Glad to see old views eventually die out and the next generation are more accepting.

I'l be sure and post on here when I change my mind and think a guy wanting to get fckd in the ####### by another man while he has a pecker in his gob as part of the norm for society.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I'l be sure and post on here when I change my mind and think a guy wanting to get fckd in the ####### by another man while he has a pecker in his gob as part of the norm for society.

I didn't say that, but it seems you have a little fantasy going in your head already.

Vermont Service Center

I didn't say that, but it seems you have a little fantasy going in your head already.

No reason not to cut the #######. Call it what it is.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

On Wednesday, presidential candidate Michele Bachmann held a town hall meeting at the Pizza Ranch in Waverly, Iowa. The highlight of the evening came when a high school student in attendance raised her hand and asked Bachmann what she would do to support and protect the gay community.

Bachmann responded that all Americans should and do have the same rights, which drew a smattering of applause. The student responded: "Well, why can't same-sex couples get married?" Bachmann responded that gay men and lesbians do in fact have the same rights as everyone else because they can marry members of the opposite sex. So, a gay man could marry a woman. And a lesbian woman could marry a man. Even though they are gay. Got that?

You can watch a video of the full exchange, which also touches on prayer in school, after the jump below.

I am so glad you posted this Steven.

Of course I support the right of all people to get married. Bachman is just ludicrous, there are no words for it.

It is just as stupid as when someone says that banning handguns or "assualt rifles" does not infringe on your rights because you can still own other guns. Ridiculous! That banning incandescent bulbs is not a violation of our rights because you can buy CFLs. Even thogh incandescents are for stupid people, of course it is their RIGHT to choose.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla