Tonga 'Ofa

Do K1s ever skip NVS?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline

Hi VJers

I'm confused! I know the K-1 is supposed to be sent to the NVC after NOA2, but I called NVC and they don't have my case. My NOA2 says that my case has been forwarded to the listed consulate, except there is no consulate listed. The operator at NVC told me to call USCIS and figure out where they sent it. I can't do that until tomorrow, so now i'm just wondering if anyone knows what could possibly be going on with my case? Is it possible that the case could be sent straight to the consulate?

Thanks!!!!

p.s. oops sorry just realized I named this topic "NVS" not "NVC" :blush:

Edited by Tonga 'Ofa

Hi VJers

I'm confused! I know the K-1 is supposed to be sent to the NVC after NOA2, but I called NVC and they don't have my case. My NOA2 says that my case has been forwarded to the listed consulate, except there is no consulate listed. The operator at NVC told me to call USCIS and figure out where they sent it. I can't do that until tomorrow, so now i'm just wondering if anyone knows what could possibly be going on with my case? Is it possible that the case could be sent straight to the consulate?

Thanks!!!!

give it another week it has only been 6 days since your NOA2 and yes the all go to NVC where they are processed, given a case number and sent to your Consulate

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi VJers

Thanks!!!!

No. ALL petitions go to NVC. USCIS uses misleading form letters. They have forwarded to the consulate by way of the NVC. No exceptions. They have it. NVC is worse than USCIS in updating their information. Stop calling, you are talking to bubble brained contracted telephone operators, you will get a notice in the mail with the consulate case number when they forward it to the consulate.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

No. ALL petitions go to NVC. USCIS uses misleading form letters. They have forwarded to the consulate by way of the NVC. No exceptions. They have it. NVC is worse than USCIS in updating their information. Stop calling, you are talking to bubble brained contracted telephone operators, you will get a notice in the mail with the consulate case number when they forward it to the consulate.

It takes to process the info at least 2 weeks, they say 15 days.I think your letter is just with a pile of other letters in somewhere in the NVC, waiting to be entered into the computer and the Operators have no clue about it. So as Gary and Alla said, give them sometime, and at the same time, call the USCIS tommorrow. Just do not tell them you have notice, say like this, What is the status of my case? ....blablah, they will say it was approved, but they do not tell you where it was sent, just, Did you guys forward the case the NVC? .....BOOM answer jum...... good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

My NOA2 was November 16. I gave it two weeks and called the NVC for an update on Wednesday, Nov. 30. They said they had received it, assigned it a number, and that it left the NVC for the consulate on November 25.

Since yours would have gone through the NVC right at Thanksgiving, it may take a few more days.

I wouldn't worry. Seems they're working quickly. I bet if you call in a week, they will have your NVC number.

And by the way, I called in the middle of the day and was only on hold for about 2 minutes before talking to a representative. It was much less frustrating than when I have called the USCIS.

NOA1: May 16, 2011

NOA2: November 16, 2011

Interview: February 1, 2012 - APPROVED

Visa in Hand: February 9, 2012

POE: February 21, 2012

Married: February 27, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.