carrera66

I129F Question 11

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi all,

I have a question about number 11 on the I129F form. The question is Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiance or husband/wife before?

I'm a little confused about this question because I've never filed a I129F before but I met my exwife here in the states and we started with I130 after we married. So I have been through the immigration process before but I haven't petitioned for a fiance before. Is this question only referring to the I129? Would I answer no for this question?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I suppose OR is the keyword so the answer is "yes".

Meaning if the fiancee doesn't apply to you, "how about for wife"?

I just dunno if this is different with CR or IR1.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This is a good question because this form is also used for a spouse in the case of a K-3. In the instructions it talks about limitations for the number of times you can file petitions for K visas. It's possible that question 11 refers to the i-129f alone.

Edited by Operator

Timeline

Line by Line instructions

It says there..if you ever submitted ANY petitions in the past for fiancé or wife.

So sorry to disagree with you but that isn't what it says. It says for any other fiancé or spouse. I don't believe you would answer this question considering an I-130 because to my knowledge the i-130 has no filing limitations.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So sorry to disagree with you but that isn't what it says. It says for any other fiancé or spouse. I don't believe you would answer this question considering an I-130 because to my knowledge the i-130 has no filing limitations.

Filing limitations is irrelevant. It explicitly asks if he has filed for his current fiancee or any other fiancee or spouse before, which he has. The answer is yes because he previously filed for a former wife.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all,

I have a question about number 11 on the I129F form. The question is Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiance or husband/wife before?

I'm a little confused about this question because I've never filed a I129F before but I met my exwife here in the states and we started with I130 after we married. So I have been through the immigration process before but I haven't petitioned for a fiance before. Is this question only referring to the I129? Would I answer no for this question?

The correct answer for you is "YES" The give away is "Fiancee OR husband/wife" which clearly extends the question beyond a FIANCEE visa. Read carefully, interpret literally. "have you EVER..." means EVER

Filing limitations is irrelevant. It explicitly asks if he has filed for his current fiancee or any other fiancee or spouse before, which he has. The answer is yes because he previously filed for a former wife.

:thumbs:

By disagreeing you are wrong.

It asks if you EVER filed for this or any other fiancee OR husband/wife. A husband or wife would necessarily mean an I-130 The answer is YES, he has.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The correct answer for you is "YES" The give away is "Fiancee OR husband/wife" which clearly extends the question beyond a FIANCEE visa. Read carefully, interpret literally. "have you EVER..." means EVER

:thumbs:

By disagreeing you are wrong.

It asks if you EVER filed for this or any other fiancee OR husband/wife. A husband or wife would necessarily mean an I-130 The answer is YES, he has.

Actually what I was disagreeing with was her quote of the link she posted. The poster quoted "ANY petition" and what the reference said was "any other fiancé or spouse". Sorry if it wasn't clear.

So it makes no difference if it's a petition for non-immigrant or immigrant visa? OK

Just FYI an i-129F is also used for a spouse in the case of a K-3 its not just for a FIANCEE visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.