Moony

N-400 December 2011 FILERS

641 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

So what part of TX are you going to? It's bigger than the whole UK, but wish you were headed near us.

I see you have an interview. Darn! :lol:

Just realized Saturday was our joint anniversary of mailing off the I-129F and starting this journey four years ago. And Cambridge still leads Oxford. ::sigh::

We land in San Antonio, then spend a few days in Austin. Anywhere near you?

I was kind of hoping to have everything completed within 4 years but I will be running a little over.

There is still time to snatch a last minute win if you get your interview arrives soon and have your oath on the same day so it isn't over quite yet!

I hope that I only win by only a few days :)

Good Luck!

Wow! This waiting game is now getting to me!! We are Dec. filers as well and it seemed like the past 2 months just flew by. I thought we made good time with the biometrics and interview, after that it felt like time is just crawling by. The hard part is, there is no one in our area who is in any of the immigration forums so not much to compare time-wise. We only have to rely on previous applicants we know of, about one per year and the timeline is about the same. I also found out that our district court holds oath ceremonies once a month. Only one came out in the news by far, the one in Feb. and none for the one in March. There is one in April and we are hoping we will have our oath-taking then, which is 2 months after the interview, pretty much the timeline everyone had previously. If not, we wait for May.... we have this big trip planned in June and we sure hope we'll have the blue passport then since it's such a hassle getting a visa... sorry, just venting. Hopefully, I'll get positive vibes from the good people here...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

My oath gonna be tomorrow !!!

N400 Timeline:

12/03/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/05/11 - Received by USCIS

12/19/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Fingerprint done(walkin)

02/02/12. - interview letter arrived

03/07/12. - interview passed

03/16/12 - Oath ceremony (USC)

I 130 for parents;

03/20/2012 sent I 130 for both parents

03/21/2012. Package delivered

03/27/2012 received both NOA1

06/22/2012 both I 130 Approved

07/09/2012 NVC received both cases

07/25/2012 received case# and IIN

07/30/2012. Paid AOS fee

08/03/2012 IV fee Paid

08/08/2012 IV package delivered

08/12/2012 case completed

11/13/2012 Interview Date

Wow! This waiting game is now getting to me!! We are Dec. filers as well and it seemed like the past 2 months just flew by. I thought we made good time with the biometrics and interview, after that it felt like time is just crawling by. The hard part is, there is no one in our area who is in any of the immigration forums so not much to compare time-wise. We only have to rely on previous applicants we know of, about one per year and the timeline is about the same. I also found out that our district court holds oath ceremonies once a month. Only one came out in the news by far, the one in Feb. and none for the one in March. There is one in April and we are hoping we will have our oath-taking then, which is 2 months after the interview, pretty much the timeline everyone had previously. If not, we wait for May.... we have this big trip planned in June and we sure hope we'll have the blue passport then since it's such a hassle getting a visa... sorry, just venting. Hopefully, I'll get positive vibes from the good people here...

I'm still waiting for my interview letter.. What it bothers me the most is looking at some January filers that have their interview schedule for this month!

What it bothers me the most is looking at some January filers that have their interview schedule for this month!

And at the same time some of the November filers are still waiting for their interviews. What can we do if some local offices work faster than others :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My oath gonna be tomorrow !!!

I just got my letter. My ceremony is next Friday. I'm very surprised it's so quick... but that means I'll have a US passport by the end of next month. :)

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

We land in San Antonio, then spend a few days in Austin. Anywhere near you?

Not too far...kinda like Cambridge to Newcastle. Austin a little closer. We love San Antonio and have been 4 or 5 times together and always stay on the Riverwalk. A roadtrip to Austin might be fun. Need to show hubby where I went to university. We're going there for the Formula 1 race this year. Or maybe if his mate from England comes over I won't be invited.

I was kind of hoping to have everything completed within 4 years but I will be running a little over.

There is still time to snatch a last minute win if you get your interview arrives soon and have your oath on the same day so it isn't over quite yet!

I hope that I only win by only a few days :)

Good Luck!

No chance for a same day ceremony. Usually the 3rd week of the month, probably May. The ceremonies are 1500-2000 new citizens every month. We did get a status change today to interview scheduled.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Other Timeline

Guys, i got my interview letter today, please could some one update my timeline.

April 18/2012

i had given up studying the questions, time to start again.

Shaq

Congrats, Shaq

I'm called USCIS on March 7, ask for my interview schedul. I still waiting since January 9, place in line for interview.

On March 9, got e-mail form ;

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

USCIS

300 North Los Angeles Street

Los Angeles,CA 90012

They said ;

You recently called to inquire regarding the status of your N-400 case. Our records indicate that we will send you a Citizenship Interview Notice within 60 days. If you do not receive a Citizenship Interview Notice within 60 days, you will need to make an appointment to visit your local office. To make an appointment you will need to go to our website and schedule an appointment using INFOPASS. You can access INFOPASS online at http://infopass.uscis.gov.

:crying::crying::crying:

just an update with my case. uscis put me 2 days ago in cue for schedule on my oath taking ceremony.i received the update in my email and thru txt.i just cant wait for this process to be done so that i could petition my fiance.i was interviewed last feb 27.just hope ill be a citizen soon..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Congrats, Shaq

I'm called USCIS on March 7, ask for my interview schedul. I still waiting since January 9, place in line for interview.

On March 9, got e-mail form ;

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

USCIS

300 North Los Angeles Street

Los Angeles,CA 90012

They said ;

You recently called to inquire regarding the status of your N-400 case. Our records indicate that we will send you a Citizenship Interview Notice within 60 days. If you do not receive a Citizenship Interview Notice within 60 days, you will need to make an appointment to visit your local office. To make an appointment you will need to go to our website and schedule an appointment using INFOPASS. You can access INFOPASS online at http://infopass.uscis.gov.

:crying::crying::crying:

Thanks my-angel

i would give it until the end of the month, if you don't hear anything, then make an appointment, if that does't work then call Loretta Sanchez(US Representative )

Hope you will receive your letter soon.

Shaq

Edited by Shaq

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I am a USC NOW!! Just came back from oath ceremony!! Can somebody PLZ Update ME. (Make it RED PLZZZZZZZ)

N400 Timeline:

12/03/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/05/11 - Received by USCIS

12/19/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Fingerprint done(walkin)

02/02/12. - interview letter arrived

03/07/12. - interview passed

03/16/12 - Oath ceremony (USC)

I 130 for parents;

03/20/2012 sent I 130 for both parents

03/21/2012. Package delivered

03/27/2012 received both NOA1

06/22/2012 both I 130 Approved

07/09/2012 NVC received both cases

07/25/2012 received case# and IIN

07/30/2012. Paid AOS fee

08/03/2012 IV fee Paid

08/08/2012 IV package delivered

08/12/2012 case completed

11/13/2012 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I am a USC NOW!! Just came back from oath ceremony!! Can somebody PLZ Update ME. (Make it RED PLZZZZZZZ)

Congrats Moony!

Fantastic news!

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.