Moony

N-400 December 2011 FILERS

641 posts in this topic

Thanks guys!!

I start to believe I have been on a waitlist all along, I just received another email and text message, stating the following:

Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview.

w00t.. I know the date within 14 days now :D :D

Now, I do have my mom visiting me here in April, it would be cool if she could actually be present during the oath (if I pass the interview AND if everything goes as smooth as it is doing right now and I don't have to wait until May or later lol).

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Thanks guys!!

I start to believe I have been on a waitlist all along, I just received another email and text message, stating the following:

w00t.. I know the date within 14 days now :D :D

Now, I do have my mom visiting me here in April, it would be cool if she could actually be present during the oath (if I pass the interview AND if everything goes as smooth as it is doing right now and I don't have to wait until May or later lol).

Wow that was fast! I'm still waiting! Dam USCIS in NY has to be so slow! Ppl in January filers already have their interview schedule for this month! I can't believe it..

Edited by Alaskan

My husband got freaked out after talking to some of his co-workers today and is really worried about proving he didn't have to register for selective service. I went into "think like USCIS mode" and started searching for proof that he entered at the age of 26. We have his old passport with the entry stamp in it but it's hard to read the last digit of the year and it looks like "200 ". After some more digging in a long forgotten miscellaneous immigration folder filled mostly with extra copies of passports and birth certificates I found the I-94 card from 4+ years ago! Hopefully that should do the trick.

I was pretty proud of myself but it only made my husband a little less nervous. I think it will be ok but I have the form "If you feel you have been wrongly denied a right or privilege because of selective service" ready to go just in case.

Congrats!!!! JeroenAndMichelle!!!!! Good for the rest ;)

Well, today is my 3 year anniversary and..... at 7:15 am this morning:

kicking.gif

Yeah, I also start to think this isn't coincidence but probably something new that they don't go ahead until the 3 year anniversary, seeing it happened to so many of us here now.

12/15/2005- Enter the US with F1 (Student Visa) Never been Out of Status

03/17/2006- F1 Visa expired but still in status

03/12/2008 - We got married

09/15/2008 - Filed for AOS (I-130, G-325A, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864)

09/16/2008 - AOS Packet received and signed for by V CHIBA

09/23/2008 - Checks cashed

10/15/2008- Biometrics

10/25/2008- RFE :'(

11/04/2008- Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

12/09/2008- EAD, AP Approved!

03/04/2009- INTERVIEW!! APPROVED! DIEU MERCI!!!!!!!! Received STAMP also

12/04/2010- Lifting of conditions- Approved

12/19/2011- N400 mailed

12/27/2011- Check cashed

03/12/2012- Interview Letter Received dated

04/17/2012- Naturalization Interview-PASSED

04/24/2012- Oath Ceremony!

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I submitted the application on 14DEC. A notice letter for an interview sent 6JAN. Interview was on 14FEB.

Today I just got a notice letter for my Oath ceremony. It will be on 23MAR. I filed in PHX lockbox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I planned a holiday in TX for late March (hoping my appointment was early April - which it is!). Today I get a bio appointment for late March while I am on vacation!! :o

Let's hope I can get an early bio!!! :blink:

Cool! I was Place in line for interview on my 3rd year anniversary too/.. now waiting for the dam letter!

I got same notification yesterday but my 3 year anniversary is 3/27. I don't know how they determine this. I hope we get the msg "interview is scheduled" soon!!!

congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I planned a holiday in TX for late March (hoping my appointment was early April - which it is!). Today I get a bio appointment for late March while I am on vacation!! :o

We may be in a somewhat similar case...We've done bio, but have had a trip planned for quite some time to take 3 days out-of-town. And now I'm worried that our interview date is going to fall on one of those three days. The only three days on the whole calendar to have plans...and watch the interview date fall on one of them!

My fingers are crossed that we won't need to, but I am wondering if anyone has had to reschedule the interview? Has anyone read about a situation like this in another thread?

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

My appointment was 12PM on 3/26 and I showed up today (3/15) at 9AM and just handed my letter to the security guard :whistle: . He picked up that I was early but I said I was going to be in Texas that week and I didn't have time to reschedule since my interview is 4/9. There was no problem - the office was quiet so I was in and out in 10 mins.

Port Chester, NY is a very good field office, they didn't complain last time I had my bio done there in Jan 2011 for ROC. I got my dates mixed up and turned up a day late. :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My appointment was 12PM on 3/26 and I showed up today (3/15) at 9AM and just handed my letter to the security guard :whistle: . He picked up that I was early but I said I was going to be in Texas that week and I didn't have time to reschedule since my interview is 4/9. There was no problem - the office was quiet so I was in and out in 10 mins.

Port Chester, NY is a very good field office, they didn't complain last time I had my bio done there in Jan 2011 for ROC. I got my dates mixed up and turned up a day late. :bonk:

Yes it is...I wish we could do the interview there instead of driving all of those hours to the capital!

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

My husband got freaked out after talking to some of his co-workers today and is really worried about proving he didn't have to register for selective service. I went into "think like USCIS mode" and started searching for proof that he entered at the age of 26. We have his old passport with the entry stamp in it but it's hard to read the last digit of the year and it looks like "200 ". After some more digging in a long forgotten miscellaneous immigration folder filled mostly with extra copies of passports and birth certificates I found the I-94 card from 4+ years ago! Hopefully that should do the trick.

I was pretty proud of myself but it only made my husband a little less nervous. I think it will be ok but I have the form "If you feel you have been wrongly denied a right or privilege because of selective service" ready to go just in case.

If your husband entered on a K1 visa he was not eligible to register for selective service until the "Resident Since" date on his green card. The K1 is a non-immigrant visa so he would have had to wait until after AOS.

Timeline

Yes it is...I wish we could do the interview there instead of driving all of those hours to the capital!

It is strange that we can use a NY field office but have to drive 2 hours to Hartford, CT for interview and probably again for oath. There are a number of offices in NY which are closer!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is strange that we can use a NY field office but have to drive 2 hours to Hartford, CT for interview and probably again for oath. There are a number of offices in NY which are closer!

On the oath you may get lucky. Oath ceremonies:

First friday of the month in Hartford

Second Friday in New Haven

Third Friday in Bridgeport.

With your interview date you may get Bridgeport or New Haven

N-400 5 year 2/21/2012

District Office: Hartford, CT

Mailed Date: 12/21/2011

Received Date/Piority Date: 12/23/2011

Check cleared/Notice Date: 12/28/2011

FP Notice: 1/6/2012

FP Appointment: 1/18/2012

Received Yellow Letter: 2/13/2012

In line for interview: 2/21/2012

Interview letter email received: 3/6/2012

Interview Letter: 3/9/2012

Interview Date: 4/12/2012

Oath Letter: 4/12/2012

Oath Date: 4/20/2012

So what part of TX are you going to? It's bigger than the whole UK, but wish you were headed near us.

I see you have an interview. Darn! :lol:

Just realized Saturday was our joint anniversary of mailing off the I-129F and starting this journey four years ago. And Cambridge still leads Oxford. ::sigh::

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

If your husband entered on a K1 visa he was not eligible to register for selective service until the "Resident Since" date on his green card. The K1 is a non-immigrant visa so he would have had to wait until after AOS.

Thanks. I will tell him to try and reassure him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.