sea-monkey

RUBbette Wives & Black Friday, did any of yours go?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Do RUB women take part in the frenzy?

I know mine is looking forward to coming here for the cheap prices in goods :wacko:

She's been going to Italy every January for the past few years to shop. Apparently January is when all the designer stuff goes on sale there and people mob the shops. She takes part :blink:

Do RUB women take part in the frenzy?

I know mine is looking forward to coming here for the cheap prices in goods :wacko:

She's been going to Italy every January for the past few years to shop. Apparently January is when all the designer stuff goes on sale there and people mob the shops. She takes part :blink:

Your wife goes to Italy to go shopping?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Not married yet and she still lives in Moscow. A plane ticket is somewhere under $500 RT for them. She says the stuff is more expensive in Moscow than other places so she uses that as an excuse to take shopping holidays :wacko: Luckily, it's her own money she's burning up :rofl:

Not married yet and she still lives in Moscow. A plane ticket is somewhere under $500 RT for them. She says the stuff is more expensive in Moscow than other places so she uses that as an excuse to take shopping holidays :wacko: Luckily, it's her own money she's burning up :rofl:

Nice. I keep forgetting how every thing there is so close. So when you two tying the knot?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

No, my wife and I stay away from the mall on Black Friday. My wife use to work retail and got sick of the craziness on that day. So now we usually head for the mountains to get out of town. The mall is only 1/2 mile from our home so we get caught in all the traffic anyway.

Wow, going to Italy to shop. Your lady is going to be disappointed shopping here, except for the low prices. :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No, my wife and I stay away from the mall on Black Friday. My wife use to work retail and got sick of the craziness on that day. So now we usually head for the mountains to get out of town. The mall is only 1/2 mile from our home so we get caught in all the traffic anyway.

Wow, going to Italy to shop. Your lady is going to be disappointed shopping here, except for the low prices. :blink:

Well, the prices are the point. Higher end clothing is much more expensive in Russia than in the US or even than in Europe. While that is a problem, it means that if you plan on splurging on some clothing, you can spend $500 on an airplane ticket to splurge on clothes somewhere else. You get a nice vacation and actually come out ahead of where you would be if you bought the same exact stuff in Moscow.

Well, the prices are the point. Higher end clothing is much more expensive in Russia than in the US or even than in Europe. While that is a problem, it means that if you plan on splurging on some clothing, you can spend $500 on an airplane ticket to splurge on clothes somewhere else. You get a nice vacation and actually come out ahead of where you would be if you bought the same exact stuff in Moscow.

I remember seeing Adidas sweat suites going for well over $100 in Minsk. We stopped at a boutique in Minsk the the wife tried on a three piece cheer leader type outfit with heels and she said it's only $3,800 on sale. I was thinking rubles...then she said dollars..and I was like "#######"..I mean those people don't make jack ####### for wages. Needless to say we left that shop empty handed.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

NO way.

We decided to celebrate New Year's rather than Christmas, we do our shopping AFTER Christmas and get even better deals! We START our shopping on December 26th unless it is something we order online.

Few FSU people celebrate "Christmas" on December 25th (except the few Catholics) Most celebrate "New Year's" Since Alla and the boys always did it that way, why not?

Your SO will appreciate the after Christmas sales even more. Alla goes crazy for those and buys many gifts for our Ukrainain friends for "almost free" and then takes a suitcase full of gifts when we visit in the summer.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

For us it was 5th Ave in NYC. All the high end stores in a few blocks. I got out lucky, only a couple of pairs of Manolos as we didn't have much room in our luggage for the trip home. Thanksgiving day we picked up some books in Brighton Beach. Of course I got nothing, zero, zip.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

For us it was 5th Ave in NYC. All the high end stores in a few blocks. I got out lucky, only a couple of pairs of Manolos as we didn't have much room in our luggage for the trip home. Thanksgiving day we picked up some books in Brighton Beach. Of course I got nothing, zero, zip.

OK...I didn't know what a "Manolos" was so I looked it up just now on google and up came Neiman Marcus. After seeing what those go for, I'm guessing that's a root canal or two for a pair of those.

sigbet.jpg

It's just a waste of money. "But honey, I SAVED money!" No, dear, you spent money.

Black Friday is part of what's wrong with America today. If we spent half as much time monitoring congress as we spent monitoring the sales, we'd be alright.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It's just a waste of money. "But honey, I SAVED money!" No, dear, you spent money.

Black Friday is part of what's wrong with America today. If we spent half as much time monitoring congress as we spent monitoring the sales, we'd be alright.

We went to the local large mall last year, in the afternoon......after an hour of that, we left and had a nice dinner.

She's into online shopping, so no problem there.....and she knows all about shopping after Christmas!!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

We don't have much for stores here...a hardware store, two grocery stores, and a "combo store" along with a NAPA and that's about it...with no roads in and no roads out...so it's mostly Amazon and Cabela's for our xmas shopping.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

OK...I didn't know what a "Manolos" was so I looked it up just now on google and up came Neiman Marcus. After seeing what those go for, I'm guessing that's a root canal or two for a pair of those.

Sorry, Manolo Blahnik. They are shoes. Wife had to go "The" Manolo Blahnik Store on W 54th street. They have shoes there that you can't get at Saks or Neiman Marcus. I don't know how much the two pair cost, and I really do not want to find out. She paid for them with her credit card (I hope) and will be paying them off for a while along with that new furniture she bought the week before, and those new dresses, and.....

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Sorry, Manolo Blahnik. They are shoes. Wife had to go "The" Manolo Blahnik Store on W 54th street. They have shoes there that you can't get at Saks or Neiman Marcus. I don't know how much the two pair cost, and I really do not want to find out. She paid for them with her credit card (I hope) and will be paying them off for a while along with that new furniture she bought the week before, and those new dresses, and.....

I'm not going to tell you what they were going for on Neiman Marcus...because like you said...you don't want to know. I'l just say this...Iv'e paid less for cars in my time than what a higher priced pair of those Manolo's go for on that site.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.