5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When filling out a I-485 for a K1 Visa Marriage, would I fill out the forms with my wifes married name if me and her have married since applying for the visa, or should I continue to fill out the forms with her maiden name, which is what was used to file for the K1 Visa.

I am trying to make sure I do not confuse USCIS when they are looking for other files.

I have filled it out with our married name, but then I thought about it, just curious how others have done it.

Thanks.

1-26-2011 - I-129F recieved at USCIS, Lewisville, TX signed for by J. Cates

01-27-2011 - NOA 1 Recieved

06-09-2011 - NOA 2 Recieved

07-11-2011 - Medical Screening - Passed

07-22-2011 - Interview for K1 Visa - US Embassy Manila - APPROVED!

08-18-2011 - POE - Los Angeles, California USA

11-12-2011 - Wedding!

12-22-2011 - Filed for AOS

04-12-2012 - Biometrics Complete

06-20-2012 - Interview @ ATL Field Office (Approved!)

06-27-2012 - Received Green Card

I would attach a letter to the application. In the box that asks for her last name/info, add "Please see attachment ***" Then explain it on the additional letter. Its what I did for Emily when we initially did our K1 and now on to her consulate interview.

17DEC2010 - Louie arrived in Manila - returned to Hawaii 04JAN2011

01JAN2011 - got engaged

00FEB2011 - Mailed I-129f to Texas Service Center - Package was lost by USPS

14MAR2011 - Texas Service Centre received package (USPS)

16MAR2011 - Text message & Email notification that application was sent to California Service Center

24MAY2011 - Text message regarding case status - USCIS Website shows petition is approved

24MAY2011 - NOA2 hardcopy received 27MAY2011

26NOV2011 - St Lukes Day 1, Day 2 27NOV2011

13DEC2011 - Embassy Appointment 00/00/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

When filling out a I-485 for a K1 Visa Marriage, would I fill out the forms with my wifes married name if me and her have married since applying for the visa, or should I continue to fill out the forms with her maiden name, which is what was used to file for the K1 Visa.

I am trying to make sure I do not confuse USCIS when they are looking for other files.

I have filled it out with our married name, but then I thought about it, just curious how others have done it.

Thanks.

If you want to GC in her married name then yes you fill out 485 in her married name which is yours yes? Se is now married to you and if she wants to take your name then all forms should be filled out in her married name.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We put Jenni's married name on the applications and sent a certified copy of our marriage license along with it. Seems to be the normal process for a K-1 so they should be used to it.

Edited by Paul H

-Paul & Jenni

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As Barb said. You complete the forms in the name she wants on the GC. If you put the married name on the forms, you put her maiden name in the "other names used" box.

They expect this as this is what the K1 is about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.