Bad_Daddy

Male nurse fired over treating Muslim women

135 posts in this topic

"worked at the city's taxpayer-funded health clinic."

And THAT is the crux of my position...

God bless those who face Mecca to pray, or those who celebrate the Sabboth, or those who believe Jesus is their Savior. BUT - when it comes to MY tax dollars, "In God we trust, all others must use cash"...

What I am trying to say, what I have said all throughout this post is that EVERYONE is entitled to medical care that caters to their religious and/or cultural beliefs, as soon as you build and fund your own hospitals. Until then, simply HOPE that you get a medical professional that will accurately access you, diagnose you and cure you.

Send em back to Bananastan and see what kind of medical care they get back there.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Send em back to Bananastan and see what kind of medical care they get back there.

Is this another country we "liberated from tyranny?" If so, I expect the US to grant Bananastanians TPS status immediately and put I-129F's on the back burner...

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Is this another country we "liberated from tyranny?" If so, I expect the US to grant Bananastanians TPS status immediately and put I-129F's on the back burner...

If people are liberated then why do they need to mass immigrate here?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

If people are liberated then why do they need to mass immigrate here?

Duh... Because we will accomodate their needs and wants (in no particular order). :whistle:

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Yes, they're ALLOWED to treat their demographic but they are NOT MANDAATED to do so. If the specific demographic is not satisfied with the quality of the medical treatment OR if it is NOT in accordance with their religious/cultural preference, they are free to obtain treatment that conforms to THEIR preference. As stated above, that cost is about $250 million from ground break to opening.

Anyone care to contribute to the fund?

They are smart to accommodate their demographic. A local preference for male doctors for male patients and female doctors for female patients is not new to Dearborn. There's no need for a new Muslim hospital any more than there is a need for a specifically Amish hospital in Lancaster, PA.

They are smart to accommodate their demographic. A local preference for male doctors for male patients and female doctors for female patients is not new to Dearborn. There's no need for a new Muslim hospital any more than there is a need for a specifically Amish hospital in Lancaster, PA.

Here's an idea. Muslims can build their own hospital in Dearborn.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Maybe because the Amish only care about medical treatment and don't care if their doctor is a Menonite?

I remember a couple of years ago when some crazy a$$ killed some Amish children at one of their schools. Non Amish first responders came and tried to save as many as possible. I don't recall any of the Amish being offended by the religion or the sex of the men and women who tried to save them.

Edited by az110965

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Timeline

Maybe because the Amish only care about medical treatment and don't care if their doctor is a Menonite?

Where did it say the hospital staff must be Muslim? The article cited treatment according to gender, not religion, and that is a preference allowed at ANY hospital in the US.

Timeline

The tax base in Dearborn is majority Muslim, so why do you also assume they haven't?

Because in the case cited, the clinic was tax payer funded. That means ALL the tax base. Not just a portion.

I said it before... If there is 1,000,000 Muslims in the area and it costs 1/4 billion dollars to build a PRIVATELY funded hospital, each person only needs to send $250 and viola - problem solved!

Edited by az110965

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Timeline

If this upsets you, is it ok with you for a (dumba$$) presidential candidate to reject a doctor due to religion?

NOVEMBER 22, 2011 11:00 AM

Herman Cain Glad His Doctor Wasn't A Muslim

BY CELESTE KATZ

Herman Cain prefers a God-fearing doctor... apparently, so long as that God is not called Allah.

herman%20cain%20hand%20up.jpg

Our Aliyah Shahid reports:

The Republican presidential candidate -- who has come under the microscope for remarks about Muslims before -- shared a story with a crowd at a Christian-themed amusement park about a time several years ago when he was being treated for colon cancer.

One physician was named Dr. Abdallah, which he thought "sounded too foreign."

"I said to his physician assistant, I said ‘That sounds foreign’ -- not that I had anything against foreign doctors -- but it sounded too foreign," the Republican presidential candidate told the audience at Orlando's Holy Land Experience over the weekend.

But the assistant quickly calmed his fears, he said, as first reported by Yahoo News.

She told the pizza business magnate and devout Baptist that Dr. Abdallah was from Lebanon.

“’Oh Lebanon!’” Cain said. “My mind immediately started thinking, wait a minute, maybe his religious persuasion is different than mine. She could see the look on my face and she said, 'Don't worry, Mr. Cain, he's a Christian from Lebanon.’"

"Hallelujah!" Cain said he replied. "Thank God!"

The GOP front-runner was criticized this spring when he said he wouldn't feel "comfortable" appointing Muslims to Cabinet should he be elected President. He later backtracked, insisting he was talking about extremists.

Cain, 66, has previously discussed his battle against Stage IV colon cancer on the campaign trail. He was diagnosed in 2006 and now says he's cancer free.

Timeline

Because in the case cited, the clinic was tax payer funded. That means ALL the tax base. Not just a portion.

I said it before... If there is 1,000,000 Muslims in the area and it costs 1/4 billion dollars to build a PRIVATELY funded hospital, each person only needs to send $250 and viola - problem solved!

You're trying unsuccessfully to make this an issue about religion. It's not. Gender preference is a non-issue in healthcare. And, yes, the tax base does have something to say about local healthcare in government funded facilities. If that majority is Muslim or Mormon, they have a say, and that's democracy.

Timeline

If this upsets you, is it ok with you for a (dumba$$) presidential candidate to reject a doctor due to religion?NOVEMBER 22, 2011 11:00 AM

Herman Cain Glad His Doctor Wasn't A Muslim

BY CELESTE KATZ

Herman Cain prefers a God-fearing doctor... apparently, so long as that God is not called Allah.

herman%20cain%20hand%20up.jpg

Our Aliyah Shahid reports:

The Republican presidential candidate -- who has come under the microscope for remarks about Muslims before -- shared a story with a crowd at a Christian-themed amusement park about a time several years ago when he was being treated for colon cancer.

One physician was named Dr. Abdallah, which he thought "sounded too foreign."

"I said to his physician assistant, I said ‘That sounds foreign’ -- not that I had anything against foreign doctors -- but it sounded too foreign," the Republican presidential candidate told the audience at Orlando's Holy Land Experience over the weekend.

But the assistant quickly calmed his fears, he said, as first reported by Yahoo News.

She told the pizza business magnate and devout Baptist that Dr. Abdallah was from Lebanon.

“’Oh Lebanon!’” Cain said. “My mind immediately started thinking, wait a minute, maybe his religious persuasion is different than mine. She could see the look on my face and she said, 'Don't worry, Mr. Cain, he's a Christian from Lebanon.’"

"Hallelujah!" Cain said he replied. "Thank God!"

The GOP front-runner was criticized this spring when he said he wouldn't feel "comfortable" appointing Muslims to Cabinet should he be elected President. He later backtracked, insisting he was talking about extremists.

Cain, 66, has previously discussed his battle against Stage IV colon cancer on the campaign trail. He was diagnosed in 2006 and now says he's cancer free.

Nope, It doesn't bother ME in the least who MY doctor is. Man, woman, Muslim, Jew - just treat me and make me well. I could care less about their bedside manner, couldn't care less if they like me or if I like them. Just do your job and don't kill me - we'll get along just fine.

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg