venusfire503

positive things

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

Thank you for the positive post. Good luck getting through your illness and soon feeling much better.

My relationship also has sooooo many red flags, but I feel confident my fiance and I have forged a strong union and I look forward to the day too when we are living together on the same continent :yes:

Something positive - I've gone through quite a few stages since his interview and recent expiration of our K1 visa petition. But soon I will be able to visit my fiance again and am really looking forward to that. It's been way way too long. Although I would have much preferred he and I living together and being happily married by now, this process has strengthened our resolve and made our relationship even more solid. And that's always a plus!

I like this positive post idea! Thanks for thinking of this, and for posting.

Whatever it is negative in your life right now, I hope you find your way through it and have less of that negative, and good can come from it, or soon follow on its heels. That goes for all of us.

Kathy (and Mohamed)

Edited by LoveMyMohamed

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What a fantastic topic!!! Thanks Venus for this and our way of sharing what is good in our lives!!

Wael has been in the states for almost 4 yrs!! We have known each other for 7 yrs and been married

5 yrs. He's accomplished so much and i'm so proud of him. Can truthfully say there really isn't a "bad"

day...only a couple of setbacks. Nothing that didn't have a solution. I'm forever grateful for him and his

unconditional love for me.

His hard work has granted him a BS in Economics w/Honors from the University of Arizona, and he's

almost finished with his 2nd yr at Eller College of Management (UofA). He will graduate in May 2012 with a MBA in Finance!

He also became a citizen in April of this year and loves being an American! When he came here, he had his

BA in Accounting, but his love was Economics/Finance. Watching him always studying, never complaining,

going without hours and hours of sleep to get where he is today. Yes, I am both proud and amazed at his stamina

and sheer determination to succeed.

Again Venus, thanks so much for this wonderful topic! Congratulations to all who have or will post here!

Jeanne :D

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Very sweet to hear the positive moments of your lives on here! Thanks for sharing.

I know Im truly grateful for my husband. In July we celebrated our 5th yr anniversary, Oct 23rd we celebrated 6yrs together total. In November we just celebrated the 1yr anniversary of being in our very first owned house and we are loving it! Adam is such a hard worker, always getting a raise & recommendation papers from his Managers. Hes up every morning by 3am for work (tough stuff!) and lately has been working alot of overtime for the holidays which he is stacking up to buy me a really nice newer white gold wedding ring *early christmas present!

He's been eligible to apply for his citizenship since May & hopefully right around the corner from filing the paperwork & mailing out that $$$. We have lots of LOL moments together, go out to dinners/dates, call each other all the time, leave love notes around the house, and drives me nuts! lol Im definitely looking forward to my lifetime with my boo!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Thank you for starting a positive things thread venusfire. It's always good to see.

We're doing well too. Waleed's been here for over a year. He started his first job in the states this year and saved the money for the medical exams which he's scheduled to take in March, May and August next year. That's been a long time coming. He has his drivers permit now and is learning to drive here. That's been fun! We've moved, bought a car and we're living in our own little cozy apartment together. I'm still working in the news business and have had some promotions. I also started Arabic classes at the University here. He's made some new friends that have been really helpful in our new town since we don't know anybody here. Plus his family is in the States and that's been a big support for him along with my family during the transition. It's really nice to finally have our own life together. We're learning about the balance of daily life together and we've found our pace. It's been pretty good. We're taking our first mini-vacation together in the States this holiday and in about a month we'll celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary.

Edited by ॐ

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

We've been togther a total of 26 moths but we are fast approaching our 2 month anniversary. (It's actually on ThanksGiving!!!) This is a wonderful reason to be thankful. Everyday I am just so amazed that we finnally are together in person and married! When we first had filed for the K-1 we didn't antisipate how long it would take till he was actually here. We went a little over year with out seeing eachother. That was extremely difficult. :( Though we got thru it by calling eachother every day several times a day so it was like we were always with eachother. :wub: We were trying to save money for the the greencard, wedding and the new life together. But I just got to a point where I don't care about they money I just have to see you. I was just a mess could't stand another moment with out him. But it happen to be really good timing the Embassy was starting to jerk us around so I showed up on their door step with lots evidence and that quieted them right down and my honey his visa. I love the fact he his here with me now . I can have a piece of mind and feel whole again. I felt so lost with him he the love of my life. Now that time just not that long ago seems like a distant memory happy to forget. :yes: We've had aour little bumps in the road but we really are a good fit together and feel like we have have been married for years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

We recently celebrated out ninth Anniversary and although Our relationship is free of classic red flags that doesn't mean life is easy. Marriage is, and always has been for us, a lot of work. It's tough at times to balance all of our wants and needs with everyday life. It's normal, if not mundane, but extremely rewarding. We eat dinner together every night with our kids, we watch movies, go out shopping like all other families. He's a good dad and a good husband and for that I'm very thankful.

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Wow! It's nice to read some wonderful stories here so I guess I will throw in my story as well. As of tomorrow one year ago, I would have be packing for my trip to Casablanca, Morocco to bring my fiance back home with me for our journey ahead. This month marks the three year anniversary when we first said hello online, but it still feels like yesterday.

When this journey begin we too had the red flags to go along with the interview and I honestly can say I never thought my honey would have gotten a visa due to what many here have said about being married/divorce/ before, 15 year age difference, blah blah blah, I could go on and on with what others have said about couples like us.

Anyway, I am here to say WE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY and love could never feel so right when you have the right person. Yes of course we have our differencesm but not many, but what couple doesn't. I feel so blessed to have a man who does not drink, party, go out with the boys to the bars, etc. etc. etc as he loves just staying home and watching movies and cooking dinner and just being together. He loves to go with me anywhere, shopping, grocery store, heck even just to pick my daughter up at school a few minutes away. Just being together is our happiness and enjoying each day with each other.

He is driving now and goes to the Mosque every Friday (god love him) America didn't change him. (thank you god)......

Tonight for example, right now he is in the kitchen cooking a lamb tagine LOL. He loves cooking too as some have mentioned here as well. This will be our very first Thanksgiving here in the States, so I will prepare my southern tradition Thanksgiving day dinner. It's also his B'day so it will be an extra special day for us as well.

I love hearing this wonderful stories and hope to read many more.

May life bless you all and much happiness to all of you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

god bless you :)

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Thank you for your inspiring post. I love to hear great stories from middle easterns.

My husband and I have been together for almost 2 years and as each day passes, our love grows stronger. Although, we come from different cultures, we have so much in common. He's such an amazing man. I wouldn't trade him for the world. We were just talking about the irony on how we met and how our relationship has developed over time. We are looking towards a lifetime of being together...inshallah.

I'm in Lebanon with him right now and this morning, he woke me up so gently and wanted to drink coffee with me. (BTW...he makes the best coffee :yes:) He loves to just sit and talk....talk about anything and everything. I woke up in the middle of the night and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't dreaming as I put my arms around him.

I truly wish the best to all MENA couples as we face more difficulties and scrutiny with the visa process. May God continue to bless all of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.