armypenguinwife

HELP!!! AMRY WIFE CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD HOLDER WANTS TO TRAVEL

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI EVERYONE! I'M A NEWBIE HERE AND I'M REALLY GLAD THERE ARE SUCH FORUMS LIKE THIS!! ANYWAY, I'M AN ARMY WIFE, MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY DEPLOYED RIGHT NOW IN KUWAIT AND WE ARE PLANNING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HIS R&R AND WANT TO GO TO A VACATION TRAVEL IN THE PHILIPPINES. THE THINGS IS, HIS R&R IS SCHEDULED ON FEBRUARY 2012, MY CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD WILL BE EXPIRE MAY 2012. AM I STILL ALLOWED TO TRAVEL ABROAD? THE ANOTHER THING IS, IM PLANNING TO STAY A LIL BIT LONGER THAN 2 WEEKS, I'M PLANNING TO STAY FOR 8-9 WEEKS. I'VE BEEN READING ALL DAY AND BEEN CALLING THE USCIS HELP LINE BUT NO ONE GAVE ME THE ANSWER THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.

THE CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD PASS AN APPLICATION OF I-751 TO REMOVE MY CONDITIONAL CARD. OKAY.I ALREADY KNOW THAT. AND I KNOW I'M ONLY ALLOWED TO APPLY 3 MONTHS OUT BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF MY CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD. BUT THE THING HERE IS, MY HUSBAND'S R&R IS SCHEDULED 2ND WEEK OF FEBRUARY, MY CARD WILL BE EXPIRE MAY 14, 2012, SO IM ONLY ALLOWED TO APPLY FOR REMOVAL OF CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD ON FEBRUARY 14, 2012. AND I KNOW I HAVE TO WAIT 2-3 WEEKS FOR MY BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED. MY QUESTION IS. IF IM GOING TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY FIRST WEEK OF FEBRUARY AND COME BACK APRIL FIRST WEEK, AM I ALLOWED TO COME BACK A MONTH BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF MY CARD? AND AM I ALLOWED TO APPLY FOR MY REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS WHEN I GET BACK?WHICH IS A MONTH BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF MY CARD??? PLEASE HELP! I REALLY NEED AN ANSWER. I HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION IM HAVING RIGHT NOW SO ITS A BASED EXPERIENCED ANSWER.

ANOTHER THING. I GOT HERE IN THE US JANUARY 20 2010, K1 VISA, APPLIED FOR I451 AND THEY GAVE ME A CONDITIONAL CARD. SINCE MY HUSBAND IS DEPLOYED. I HEARD MILITARY SPOUSES ARE ALLOWED FOR EXPEDITE OF NATURALIZATION IF HUSBAND IS DEPLOYED? IM PLANNING TO APPLY FOR N400 THIS COMING FEBRUARY NEXT YEAR TOO. IS THIS ADVISABLE OR NOT? BECAUSE THE APPLICATION IS REALLY EXPENSIVE. THANKS A LOT GUYS. PLEASE HAVE A MOMENT TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AND GOD BLESS!

seriously, quit spamming! Posting once in the correct forum is enough.

And try not to type in uppercase, it feels like you are shouting and makes it very hard to read.

I'm sorry for sounding rude. Since you have no answers for my questions. your rudeness and lack of patience is not allowed in this topic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm sorry for sounding rude. Since you have no answers for my questions. your rudeness and lack of patience is not allowed in this topic.

really not the best way of getting answers to your questions lol

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK, first I agree with Nina, you shouldn't spam several boards and ALL CAPS is widely accepted as yelling.

Now, I understand that you want to travel to see your spouse at the approximate time of your conditional green card expiration. Yes, you can travel, but I would limit your time out of the country. The 8-9 weeks may be a bit excessive, however you should receive an extension letter once your I-751 "Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence" is accepted. I would certainly have everything ready to send out before you leave and DO NOT allow your green card to expire while out of the country.

As far as the early N-400, this is new to me. The directions state that you cannot apply with less than three years of residence. Also, if I am not mistaken, every day that you are outside of the country does not count towards your three years. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

attachments.pdf

I-485 (Adjustment of Status)

09-03-05: Package mailed to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131)

09-05-05: (Day 000) Package received in Chicago

09-09-05: (Day 004) NOA1

10-22-05: (Day 047) AOS/EAD Biometrics Done

11-15-05: (Day 073) EAD Arrived

11-17-05: (Day 075) AP Arrived

12-07-05: (Day 094) AOS Interview Letter Arrives

01-25-06: (Day 143) AOS Approved!!!

02-02-06: (Day 151) Welcome to America Letter Arrives

02-06-06: (Day 155) Green Card Arrived!!!

I-751 (Removal of conditions)

10-29-07: Package Sent

10-31-07: (Day 000) Package Received at VSC

11-02-07: (Day 002) NOA1

12-20-07: (Day 050) Biometrics

09-03-08: (Day 308) Touched

09-09-08: (Day 314) I-751 Approved!!!

N-400 (Naturalization)

10-20-11: Package Sent

10-21-11: (Day 000) Package received in Phoenix

10-26-11: (Day 005) Check Cashed

10-28-11: (Day 007) NOA1

11-05-11: (Day 015) Biometrics Letter Arrives - Appointment on 11/15/11

11-10-11: (Day 020) Biometrics Completed

01-23-12: (Day 094) Interview Date

03-19-12: (Day 150) Oath Scheduled Notice

03-30-12: (Day 161) Oath Ceremony

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif - Terry 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif - Blanca

The biggest problem you have here is timing. CGC expires in May. You may file for ROC 90 days before it expires, but you MUST file before you CGC expires. When you file for ROC you will need to do a Biometrics appointment at you local USCIS office in the US. After that it is a matter of waiting. So you can file in February and do the bio most likely in March and then go overseas to see your husband. Or you can go visit your husband and then file for ROC as long as you do so before the GC expires. Your choice as to what's best for you situation. 8-9 weeks is not a problem.

As for the N400, I thought it was 3 years of marriage AND 3 years as a LPR and being married to a military person does not change that requirement--but I might be wrong here as I have not looked into this requirement.

Good luck on your decision.

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Multiple topics on the same question without answers removed and this one moved to the correct forum- Removal of Conditions. Please do not post a topic in multiple forums, instead wait for answers on the one topic you post. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just did some poking around and there is 319b - Expedited Naturalization.

However as I read it, "The purpose of INA section 319(b) is to allow people to reside abroad with their USC spouses."

From what you have said, this section does not apply to you because your husband is deployed in the Army. You will not be able to "reside abroad with your USC spouse".

You must - "Declare in good faith upon naturalization an intent to reside abroad with the U.S. citizen spouse and to reside in the U.S. immediately upon the citizen spouse’s termination of service abroad"

Edited by tdegrenier

I-485 (Adjustment of Status)

09-03-05: Package mailed to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131)

09-05-05: (Day 000) Package received in Chicago

09-09-05: (Day 004) NOA1

10-22-05: (Day 047) AOS/EAD Biometrics Done

11-15-05: (Day 073) EAD Arrived

11-17-05: (Day 075) AP Arrived

12-07-05: (Day 094) AOS Interview Letter Arrives

01-25-06: (Day 143) AOS Approved!!!

02-02-06: (Day 151) Welcome to America Letter Arrives

02-06-06: (Day 155) Green Card Arrived!!!

I-751 (Removal of conditions)

10-29-07: Package Sent

10-31-07: (Day 000) Package Received at VSC

11-02-07: (Day 002) NOA1

12-20-07: (Day 050) Biometrics

09-03-08: (Day 308) Touched

09-09-08: (Day 314) I-751 Approved!!!

N-400 (Naturalization)

10-20-11: Package Sent

10-21-11: (Day 000) Package received in Phoenix

10-26-11: (Day 005) Check Cashed

10-28-11: (Day 007) NOA1

11-05-11: (Day 015) Biometrics Letter Arrives - Appointment on 11/15/11

11-10-11: (Day 020) Biometrics Completed

01-23-12: (Day 094) Interview Date

03-19-12: (Day 150) Oath Scheduled Notice

03-30-12: (Day 161) Oath Ceremony

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif - Terry 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif - Blanca

yiiiiiiikes, that was TOO loud!

you have the option of delaying submission of your i-751 until you return from the philippines.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ANOTHER THING. I GOT HERE IN THE US JANUARY 20 2010, K1 VISA, APPLIED FOR I451 AND THEY GAVE ME A CONDITIONAL CARD. SINCE MY HUSBAND IS DEPLOYED. I HEARD MILITARY SPOUSES ARE ALLOWED FOR EXPEDITE OF NATURALIZATION IF HUSBAND IS DEPLOYED? IM PLANNING TO APPLY FOR N400 THIS COMING FEBRUARY NEXT YEAR TOO. IS THIS ADVISABLE OR NOT? BECAUSE THE APPLICATION IS REALLY EXPENSIVE. THANKS A LOT GUYS. PLEASE HAVE A MOMENT TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AND GOD BLESS!

Lol no just because hes deployed you don't get to skip all the way to being a citizen sorry. Read in the instructions.

You can only get expedite citizenship if you are with him on orders in a foreign country. Its clearly explained on USCIS website. You can also get this info from on base too.headbonk.gif

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

As for the N400, I thought it was 3 years of marriage AND 3 years as a LPR and being married to a military person does not change that requirement--but I might be wrong here as I have not looked into this requirement.

Good luck on your decision.

Dave

It does if you are on military orders out of the country with your spouse and staying there for some time. The information is on the USCIS website.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Sorry everyone for the Upper case letters. Like I said I'm a newbie here and had no intentions of spamming the forums and I maybe sounded like I was yelling but I was not. I was just pissed because I called USCIS Military Help line today for 7x already and no one gave me the answer I want to hear.

Just had to upper case it because I am really excited for R&R since this is the first time my son and husband will meet each other. :(:crying: Thank you so much for the answers and I've been reading all day today and I guess since my son and I will be coming back here 1 month out before the expiration of my Conditional Permanent Resident Card, that would be the time I will file my Application. I have another option here, please correct me if this is wrong, My son and I will be leaving Last week of January, I will leave all the documents to my aunt and ask her to just send it to USCIS and once she received the receipt, she will send it to me in the Philippines so when I get back I will reschedule my biometrics? Do you think guys that would work? and are they gonna accept my application even if I am not physically the one who's gonna send it? Thank you so much

yiiiiiiikes, that was TOO loud!

you have the option of delaying submission of your i-751 until you return from the philippines.

Thank you for answering and yes that is one of my options. My other option is While i was in the Philippines, I'll ask my Aunt to send my documents to USCIS and once She received the RECEIPT she will going to FEDEX it to me so once I get back all I need to do is re sched the Biometrics. Do you think that is allowed?

OK, first I agree with Nina, you shouldn't spam several boards and ALL CAPS is widely accepted as yelling.

Now, I understand that you want to travel to see your spouse at the approximate time of your conditional green card expiration. Yes, you can travel, but I would limit your time out of the country. The 8-9 weeks may be a bit excessive, however you should receive an extension letter once your I-751 "Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence" is accepted. I would certainly have everything ready to send out before you leave and DO NOT allow your green card to expire while out of the country.

As far as the early N-400, this is new to me. The directions state that you cannot apply with less than three years of residence. Also, if I am not mistaken, every day that you are outside of the country does not count towards your three years. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

The thing is February 10 is my husbands R&R, his R&R is just for two weeks, I am only allowed to send the documents on February 13,2013 since that is the first day of 90 days out of the expiration of my card. We were thinking of readying all the documents, sealed it in the envelope and ask my aunt to send it for us while I am in the Philippines, I wonder if they allow that? My son and I are planning to leave the country on January 20th so I could prepare for his christening and all so once my husband arrives everything is ready and everyday is worth all the time. no preparing and no hassle. so that was my first option, to ask my aunt send our documents on Feb 13th, once she received the RECEIPT, she will fedex it to me in the Philippines so I will have no issues when i re enter US again.. The other option is, i'll file the application when I get back. probably april 2012.

Timeline

Thank you for answering and yes that is one of my options. My other option is While i was in the Philippines, I'll ask my Aunt to send my documents to USCIS and once She received the RECEIPT she will going to FEDEX it to me so once I get back all I need to do is re sched the Biometrics. Do you think that is allowed?

This is not a good idea. Someone just posted about this and missed their biometrics appointment because of getting mail 1 month late while overseas. This is going to cause HUGE problems and probably denial of removal of conditions which means she cannot come back to the USA without the USC filing a new spousal visa for her. Wait until you return to the USA to file.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.