R and L

What's this delay with giving nvc number?

7 posts in this topic

I'm so, so, so, so frustrated! :crying: And wondering if there is anything that I or my hubby could do?

We got our NOA2 on 6th October, then after it was not received at NVC after 15 days we emailed NVC to locate our file from USCIS.

So finally on 2nd November, our file was received at NVC. And then now, nothing, no nvc number and the days keep on going! Argh!

So is there anyhting we can do?? It feels so unfair that after it took almost a month for our case to be even received at NVC, that now we still have to wait 20 days or longer to receive our nvc case number? AND I'm shocked to see that cases that arrived to NVC AFTER our case have gotten their nvc case numbers!

Is there anything we could do?

Also, it's really weird that one email said our case arrived at NVC on the 3rd of November, then one time when I was speaking with the NVC operator they said the date it arrived was 2nd November, and today the operator said it arrived on 31st October?

:help: please, if there is anything we can do??

USCIS
Our case accepted at USCIS 6/6/2011
NOA1 6/7/2011
NOA2 10/6/2011

NVC
Our case arrives finally to NVC 11/2/2011
NVC case number assigned 11/23/2011
NVC case complete 12/8/2011!!! smile.pngsmile.png

Interview
Interview first assigned for 1/4/2012, but then rescheduled to 2/22/2012 as my hubby and I went on vacation.
2/22/2012 interview done and approved smile.png
2/28/12 My visa pick up from the embassy.
3/25/12 POE JFK

ROC

1/10/14 Roc package sent

1/13/14 NOA1 date

1/15/14 check cashed by CSC

2/07/14 Biometrics appointment

6/17/14 Card production ordered (ROC approved)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read in other posts where it can take up to 4 weeks for NVC to get your file from USCIS, so even though it is frustrating with all the waiting I would keep making contact with NVC as others have suggested until you receive your number.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

set up yer speed dial to call into NVC.

good luck .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I think your initial problem was with the Texas Service Center taking too long to send your file. I received my NOA 2 email on October 5 (I was in California Service Center)... NVC received my case on October 10..I think service centers hold files and send in batches to NVC. NVC assigned my case number on Octber 31.. 3 weeks after their receipt of my file. Since then they moved quite fast, my fees were all paid by last week and my AOS package was reviewed last Thursday (3 days after they received it by Express Mail). I am just waiting approval of my husband's DS230 and civil documents for a case complete. This I understand may take longer than the review of my documents. My advice...call them everyday, but dont waste money calling more than once or twice per day. I have come to realize that I will hear the same AVR message all day through the middle of the night...(yeah.. I am up at all hours and at 2:00 a.m. the message is still not changed).. and then somehow, miraculously at about 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. the message changes if they worked on my file the day before. I call once for the message, and then if I need to speak to someone, I call a second time...its too frustrating to hear the same message over and over again all day. Good luck to you, hope you start to see progress real soon.

Thank you everybody for the support!! :) :)

Loricap: Actually our service center is also California...there's Texas service center on my timeline as I don't seem to be able to change it to the correct one...But yeah, that's been the main problem that California service center didn't mail it on time. Which is sad and made us wait even longer now. If they would have mailed our case in the normal time schedule, we would have probably be over NVC as well, waiting for the interview by now...

USCIS
Our case accepted at USCIS 6/6/2011
NOA1 6/7/2011
NOA2 10/6/2011

NVC
Our case arrives finally to NVC 11/2/2011
NVC case number assigned 11/23/2011
NVC case complete 12/8/2011!!! smile.pngsmile.png

Interview
Interview first assigned for 1/4/2012, but then rescheduled to 2/22/2012 as my hubby and I went on vacation.
2/22/2012 interview done and approved smile.png
2/28/12 My visa pick up from the embassy.
3/25/12 POE JFK

ROC

1/10/14 Roc package sent

1/13/14 NOA1 date

1/15/14 check cashed by CSC

2/07/14 Biometrics appointment

6/17/14 Card production ordered (ROC approved)

Thank you everybody for the support!! :) :)

Loricap: Actually our service center is also California...there's Texas service center on my timeline as I don't seem to be able to change it to the correct one...But yeah, that's been the main problem that California service center didn't mail it on time. Which is sad and made us wait even longer now. If they would have mailed our case in the normal time schedule, we would have probably be over NVC as well, waiting for the interview by now...

Now that is a shame....my NOA2 came the day before yours, you should have been in the same time frame as my file going to NVC . So sorry..Although I do know there is more than one location in California that compromises the CSC.... i spoke to a tier 2 one day who seemed to have completely less information than the person i spoke to the day before and I asked how that person could tell me so much and he couldnt.. He said that person was probably in the actual location my file was while he was in a different city...I dont think many people realize this is the case.. so maybe you are at CSC.. but different office than my file.. anyway... keep calling NVC...listen to AVR ....but as I said.... NVC AVR messages are updated each morning, what it says at 8 am is what it will say that night at 3:00 a.m. (by the way... as this is the case... the message may be different on saturday morning then it was on friday night even though they are closed, I called NVC Veterans day morning. forgetting they were closed and the message was different then it was late the night before). If no change, get a human on the phone...so far NVC staff has been much more polite and helpful then CSC staff was. Good luck to you.. I hope the rest of your journey moves quickly for you.

Edited by Loricap2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.