ekkohl

Interview Today

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

age different of 19 years!!!!! I bet the USC is older!!!! If you were the VO would you issue a visa? Come on people lets all apply common sense when we do things!!!

I do not appreciate your judgement like this. For immigration visa, there is no age bar limit as long as relationship is bone-fide and evidences are there that they are in healthy relationship.. I have read somewhere on VJ board, someone had age different 30 years, and they got the visa with no problem.

XrVRp5.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my husband had his Interview today, he was not approved at Interview, he was handed his passport back and given a letter, in Section 221 G, they are asking for more Skype logs.

we have age difference of 19 yrs, and married on first meeting, my work prevents me from

taking time off work, I work in a Hospital. All other documents where plentiful and complete, please help, we are very very sad, Does this mean he was Denied?

Don't stress too much - I am sure when you give them the documents they requested, you will get approval - stay positive and keep your heads up! :star:

I don't know how this interview thing works either! I know my husband in March 2008 and he came visit in October 2008 and after that we made 4 other visits to see each other before we got married in Dec 2010 :star: But guess what after the interview I still got the 221(g) requesting for his kids Birth Cert and we email it to them on the same day and 2 weeks later he emailed the embassy and they said we gotta wait coz I'm under AP! :crying: How insane but can't stress too much - gotta keep the frown upside down and keep the faith that everything will be OK :innocent::star:

So ekkohl, try to stay positive and cheer up ok everything will alright!

I do not appreciate your judgement like this. For immigration visa, there is no age bar limit as long as relationship is bone-fide and evidences are there that they are in healthy relationship.. I have read somewhere on VJ board, someone had age different 30 years, and they got the visa with no problem.

I totally agree with you - Love knows no boundaries and at the end of the day age is only a number and so is distance! :luv:

- Somewhere between heartaches and waiting comes the chance to be found by someone who can show you that you don't have to be just an Option, but the only CHOICE-

cybkik5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Interview questions asked:

are you married before?

how you know your wife?

when you know each other?

When you married ?

you married when she visit? and only one time?

how we talk ?

you have skype now ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband and I communicate only by phone. I have his calling card call history for the past 1 year. We do not have any skype or gtalk or yahoo messenger history. We might have done a few video chats. Is it going to create a red flag in our case?

2011-03-01 Marriage

2011-03-26 I-130 Sent

2011-03-28 I-130 NOA1

2011-07-19 I-130 Approved

2011-08-01 NVC Received

2011-09-19 Receive Instruction Package

2011-09-30 Case Completed at NVC

2011-10-19 Applied to expedite case

2011-10-21 NVC Left

2011-10-31 Consulate Received

2011-11-29 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My husband and I communicate only by phone. I have his calling card call history for the past 1 year. We do not have any skype or gtalk or yahoo messenger history. We might have done a few video chats. Is it going to create a red flag in our case?

Calling card stuff is a good evidence of continuing relationship and you are good. Just be preapared to answer all the questions related to your husband, his family, important dates (marraige, first met, ....). Not having skype records or not using skype is not a red flag.

The red flags are different - like age difference, inter-religious marraiges, earlier divorces.... However critically look for any differences your marraige has from normal and be preapared in that area - for example in my case it is the registered marraige without my parents. So we critically prepared some questions and answers and that is exactly the area my wife was asked questions about.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Calling card stuff is a good evidence of continuing relationship and you are good. Just be preapared to answer all the questions related to your husband, his family, important dates (marraige, first met, ....). Not having skype records or not using skype is not a red flag.

The red flags are different - like age difference, inter-religious marraiges, earlier divorces.... However critically look for any differences your marraige has from normal and be preapared in that area - for example in my case it is the registered marraige without my parents. So we critically prepared some questions and answers and that is exactly the area my wife was asked questions about.

Thanks NavyK I will keep that in mind

2011-03-01 Marriage

2011-03-26 I-130 Sent

2011-03-28 I-130 NOA1

2011-07-19 I-130 Approved

2011-08-01 NVC Received

2011-09-19 Receive Instruction Package

2011-09-30 Case Completed at NVC

2011-10-19 Applied to expedite case

2011-10-21 NVC Left

2011-10-31 Consulate Received

2011-11-29 Interview Date

Timeline

today my husband took back to embassy, 1000 pages of skype chat log, phone bill 3 months back, pay stub showing I have paid his medical insurance since march 1st, a letter from a co-worker friend and a 2 page letter from me, that my daughter signed as well. embassy told my husband they make decision in 3 days, max 1 week, if deny he may get phone call or letter in mail, I pray we get approved. thank you all very much for the support

Timeline

ohh, thank you so much for reply, yes my husband made it to interview, waited about 1 and half hours, then called back to answer 5 questions, sorry, I not know yet what questions, we are very sad, and need much sleep, we will post soon. no he did not ask how interview was, but they told him all documents I sent where very very thorough, and very good, just missing recent chat logs to show ongoing relations, but as most, we hoped for approval, so we are staying strong, and sending skype logs, with the help of my wonderful daughter, we emailed them to consulate, but of course will be mailing thru post office as well.

Thank you all for your positive feedback!

do you have any news till now?i'm under section 221g since my interview october 31.idk what is going on oin tunisian embassy. :innocent:

Timeline

so sorry to hear about your long wait, No my husband has not received phone yet to come back for Visa, but we are hopeful by next week, I called the Embassy from USA, and ours is in review, he told me I added an extra 2 numbers on the end of our case # example -01 and now they have everything and give it a week, we have already waited 2 now, very frustrating! slightest little excuse to delay, How do you check your Status? Take care and hope you hear soon

Timeline

so sorry to hear about your long wait, No my husband has not received phone yet to come back for Visa, but we are hopeful by next week, I called the Embassy from USA, and ours is in review, he told me I added an extra 2 numbers on the end of our case # example -01 and now they have everything and give it a week, we have already waited 2 now, very frustrating! slightest little excuse to delay, How do you check your Status? Take care and hope you hear soon

hi.same here i still didn't get nothing yet.i'm hoping next week too.so inchallah we will have good news by next week.so here is the link i get from the consulate and that was after i kept emailing them.

http://www.tunisconsular.com/

it will show up a spot where you put ur husband's passport# and then submit.hope u find a good news

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my husband had his Interview today, he was not approved at Interview, he was handed his passport back and given a letter, in Section 221 G, they are asking for more Skype logs.

we have age difference of 19 yrs, and married on first meeting, my work prevents me from

taking time off work, I work in a Hospital. All other documents where plentiful and complete, please help, we are very very sad, Does this mean he was Denied?

Sorry to hear that, Just flood them with all other evidences you can think of and i will be praying for you guys

Timeline

we are still waiting AP, I called embassy few times, and could not get answers, so my husband went to embassy, he was told still processing and they have not forgotten about us, it just takes time to review all material, and not a denial just requires more processing, and checking online case status, you can put any random # in the field and it gives same response, so checking status online does not work, we are patiently waiting, and patients is are only way,

take care

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview today, and my husband received a 221g stating his file will require AP. I'm in shock. I don't know what to do.

He has his passport; they said they'll ask for it back when they need it. They didn't ask for any other documents.

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.