yuyu

Interview Details

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

First I want to thank each and every one of you for your help and your prayers and wishes for me I love you all

here is my interview details

My interview was scheduled at 10:00 am i was there at 9 waited till 9:45 to get in

Started with the security check i had my hand bag and a CD and electronic birthday card they told me go put back in the car then come back with papers and pictures only

I got back again to the security check they let me in the embassy, I went to the reception window she gave me number 3 and asked me to go to window #6 they took my passport and civil records over there asked me few questions from DS-230 about my job and my husband and previous marriages we were both single and this is our first marriage she asked for the marriage contract i had that but not translated she told me go out side the embassy there is a translator over there she kept my passport in so i went out running and i had the contract translated in 15 mins then got back in to the security check again :bonk: lol

then went back to window 6 and provided the certificate she asked me to have a seat till i hear my name called.

I waited for 10 mins then they called my name and asked me to head to room #7, I went in the consular was a very nice lady I was very nervous and shaking cause I had to go in and out for 2 times she asked me to stand up and I took the oath then she took my finger prints and told me to have a seat

She asked me how i met my husband i said on facebook she said no tell me the whole story lol so i told her our story, she asked me about his work, where does he live, when did we get engaged and when did we get married she asked me if i have any pictures of engagement and wedding i had about 200 i started showing it to her she asked me which picture is your favorite i showed her the picture

then she gave me an orange slip and told me to to go pick my passport next week i asked her should i tell my husband i got approved she said yes but don't book tickets until you get your passport with visa on it

If you have any questions i'll be glad to help

Timeline

congrats again , but why did they asked for the marriage certificate they should have the original one from the NVC right?

====================================================================================

USCIS

September 16, 2011 - petition sent

September 20, 2011 - NOA-1

September 27, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC

SEPTEMBER 30 2011 CASE RECEIVED waiting for case number

OCTOBER 19 2011 RECEIVED THE CASE NUMBER BY PHONE

OCTOBER 26 2011 AOS BILL INVOICED AND PAID

OCTOBER 26 2011 Choose of agent email sent(DS3032)

OCTOBER 28 2011 Received AOS/DS3032 email

OCTOBER 31 2011 AOS package reached NVC by DHL

November 1 2011 IV bill invoiced and paid

November 7 2011 IV package received by the NVC

November 9 2011 Case completed --waiting for the interview date

---Interview Date December 8 2011 approved

Timeline

congrats again , but why did they asked for the marriage certificate they should have the original one from the NVC right?

I sent marriage contract to NVC and they didn't send me RFE so I thought I'm good to go but they told me they want the certificate not the contract at the embassy

Edited by yuyu

Timeline

so their is a contract marriage and certificate marriage? what the difference btw them ?

====================================================================================

USCIS

September 16, 2011 - petition sent

September 20, 2011 - NOA-1

September 27, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC

SEPTEMBER 30 2011 CASE RECEIVED waiting for case number

OCTOBER 19 2011 RECEIVED THE CASE NUMBER BY PHONE

OCTOBER 26 2011 AOS BILL INVOICED AND PAID

OCTOBER 26 2011 Choose of agent email sent(DS3032)

OCTOBER 28 2011 Received AOS/DS3032 email

OCTOBER 31 2011 AOS package reached NVC by DHL

November 1 2011 IV bill invoiced and paid

November 7 2011 IV package received by the NVC

November 9 2011 Case completed --waiting for the interview date

---Interview Date December 8 2011 approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats!!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

so their is a contract marriage and certificate marriage? what the difference btw them ?

Marriage contract is the one you sign at the courthouse when you get married

marriage certificate you get it when you register this marriage

Thank you guys I hope you get approved soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

First I want to thank each and every one of you for your help and your prayers and wishes for me I love you all

here is my interview details

My interview was scheduled at 10:00 am i was there at 9 waited till 9:45 to get in

Started with the security check i had my hand bag and a CD and electronic birthday card they told me go put back in the car then come back with papers and pictures only

I got back again to the security check they let me in the embassy, I went to the reception window she gave me number 3 and asked me to go to window #6 they took my passport and civil records over there asked me few questions from DS-230 about my job and my husband and previous marriages we were both single and this is our first marriage she asked for the marriage contract i had that but not translated she told me go out side the embassy there is a translator over there she kept my passport in so i went out running and i had the contract translated in 15 mins then got back in to the security check again :bonk: lol

then went back to window 6 and provided the certificate she asked me to have a seat till i hear my name called.

I waited for 10 mins then they called my name and asked me to head to room #7, I went in the consular was a very nice lady I was very nervous and shaking cause I had to go in and out for 2 times she asked me to stand up and I took the oath then she took my finger prints and told me to have a seat

She asked me how i met my husband i said on facebook she said no tell me the whole story lol so i told her our story, she asked me about his work, where does he live, when did we get engaged and when did we get married she asked me if i have any pictures of engagement and wedding i had about 200 i started showing it to her she asked me which picture is your favorite i showed her the picture

then she gave me an orange slip and told me to to go pick my passport next week i asked her should i tell my husband i got approved she said yes but don't book tickets until you get your passport with visa on it

If you have any questions i'll be glad to help

Congrats - it had been repeatedly mentioned in various threads that US Consulates/ Embassies do not allow any elctronic gadgets or media and your experience prooves that again.

Have safe trip to US and a good POE experience (remember important dates on top of your head)

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

Congrats - it had been repeatedly mentioned in various threads that US Consulates/ Embassies do not allow any elctronic gadgets or media and your experience prooves that again.

Have safe trip to US and a good POE experience (remember important dates on top of your head)

thank you but what dates should I remember ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

thank you but what dates should I remember ?

At POE my wife, in casual conversation during entry of her data into their computer system, was asked several times when she was married. I guess they are trying to make sure at POE one last time - remember marraige date, engagement date and any other dates (honeymoon or birth dates) that are mentioned in any of your forms (I-130 & DS-230).

Edited by Navyk

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

At POE my wife, in casual conversation during entry of her data into their computer system, was asked several times when she was married. I guess they are trying to make sure at POE one last time - remember marraige date, engagement date and any other dates (honeymoon or birth dates) that are mentioned in any of your forms (I-130 & DS-230).

Ok thank you so much for the info

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congrats!!! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.