13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I entered the US on August 24th got married november 14th, i have worked since up to a couple of months ago, on my i94 it says 22 nov 2007, where does this leave me for filing for my permanent resedency, we now have a baby girl october 5th is her first birthday :help:

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
I entered the US on August 24th got married november 14th, i have worked since up to a couple of months ago, on my i94 it says 22 nov 2007, where does this leave me for filing for my permanent resedency, we now have a baby girl october 5th is her first birthday :help:

Your dates dont make sense.....2006??? You got married when??

Did you file the I-485 to adjust status??

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline

Your dates dont make sense.....2006??? You got married when??

Did you file the I-485 to adjust status??

sorry i entered aug 24th 2004 married november 14th 2004, my k1 says it expired feb 09 2005

and my i94 has K! stamped on there with the date class until 22 november 2007

and i didnt file for I-485 still havent

Edited by Antony

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just curious...why haven't you filed for AOS? Might be a good idea to file, yanno? You did fulfill the terms of the K1 by getting married in the 90 day timeframe. Not sure about the rest of it...most of us who come on a K1 file AOS fairly soon after getting married. BTW, without a GC or EAD how have you been working?

Just curious....

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Dont know what an EAO is, i was told that i was able to work until my i94 run out and thats the time i had to channge my status, on my SS Card it has nothing on there about not working with DHS autherization, so im at a complete loss.. yes i got married within the 90 days, have the wedding cert and everything. just at a loss of what i should be doing now. you could say im one to leave everything to the last "min" oh and to make matters worse, my UK passport expired 9/19/06 so thats another problem i have.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Antony, post your question to the AOS forum, so you'll get more replies: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=7

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
Dont know what an EAO is, i was told that i was able to work until my i94 run out and thats the time i had to channge my status, on my SS Card it has nothing on there about not working with DHS autherization, so im at a complete loss.. yes i got married within the 90 days, have the wedding cert and everything. just at a loss of what i should be doing now. you could say im one to leave everything to the last "min" oh and to make matters worse, my UK passport expired 9/19/06 so thats another problem i have.

Nothing like being actively involved in your immigration status.

How did you ever get a I-94 valid until Nov 07 when your original expired back in Jan 05??

Have you ever filed for Employment Authorization??? (EAD)

Nothing aint gonna happen until you file the I-485 to adjust status. Something you should have done two years ago.

Seems like you have a few problems......Unbelievable!!!

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Maybe you should fill out the Adjustment of Status application I-485 and the Affidavit I-864

It might help if you check out the USCIS web site also. Search their forms and fees, then read the instructions etc.

www.USCIS.gov

I am not sure but I think that's a good place to start.

Jo & Michael

K1

29th Jun 03 - Applied for I-129f

12th Jan 05 - Interview at Embassy

AOS

20th Apr 05 - Mailed AOS and paperwork to Chicago.

27th Oct 05 - Received Green Card in Mail (2 yr Conditional)

I-751

24th Jul 07 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

27th Jul 07 - I-751 Received at TSC (Transferred to CSC)

17th Aug 07 - Check Cleared

20th Aug 07 - NOA received (2 NOA's both with dif. receipt #'s for the same thing hmmm..)

30th Aug 07 - ACS Biometrics letters received

21st Sep 07 - Biometrics appointment at Charlotte

1st Nov 07 - Case status online reads "Card production ordered"

3rd Nov 07 - Greencard received in mail

I'm confused. How is your I-94 stamped till Nov. 2007?

Timeline of David's Petition to Remove Conditions:

08-01-2009 I-751 Mailed to VSC

09-01-2009 I-751 received at VSC

12-01-2009 Notice of Action/Receipt received

22-01-2009 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

06-02-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Newark, NJ

05-06-2009 Received notice that removal of conditions has been approved!

David's K1 Timeline Available here

David's AOS Timeline Available here

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is highly possible that the 2007 is really 2004, I know at times my writing isn't legible.

Regardless, follow the advice given here... file for AOS.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

It is highly possible that the 2007 is really 2004, I know at times my writing isn't legible.

its stamped 2007 i entered 2004

That would be extremely unusual if your I-94 from the entry in 2004 was stamped as valid until 2007......never heard of that before.

If you come in on a K-1 Visa, the I-94 is valid for 90 days, not 3 years :unsure:

I agree that it might have been a mistake due to illegibility of the stamping/.writing on the I-94......but in my opinion you still have pretty nbig problems now.

You did get married within the 90 day timeframe, so that's good, and you might still file for AOS even if it's really late for that, but you most probably worked illegally all this time....and I'd think that would be a problem :(

If I were you, I'd consult an immigration attorney ASAP and ask for help!

Good luck,

CW

AOS timeline:

03/17/06 filed for AOS

03/28-06 touched

04/04/06 biometrics

04/05/06 touched

05/23/06 transfered to CSC

06/17/06 touched

08/16/06 touched

11/20/06 USCIS cust.service started inquiry about case (because it's outside of processing times)

11/30/06 approval e-mail

12/07/06 Greencard in the mail (= 8 months and 21 days for the entire AOS process)

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

its stamped 2007 i entered 2004

That would be extremely unusual if your I-94 from the entry in 2004 was stamped as valid until 2007......never heard of that before.

If you come in on a K-1 Visa, the I-94 is valid for 90 days, not 3 years :unsure:

I agree that it might have been a mistake due to illegibility of the stamping/.writing on the I-94......but in my opinion you still have pretty nbig problems now.

You did get married within the 90 day timeframe, so that's good, and you might still file for AOS even if it's really late for that, but you most probably worked illegally all this time....and I'd think that would be a problem :(

If I were you, I'd consult an immigration attorney ASAP and ask for help!

Good luck,

CW

I think I would take another long hard look at that I-94.

Yeah, I concur...sounds like you're about to run into problems. The suggestion to consult an immigration attorney sounds like a very good one to me.

Hope you get it all settled.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.