11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have read several posts relating to the RFE's regarding the Medical; however, I am still a little confused as to what I should do.

In the RFE I received,they said that " the Civil Surgeon certified the exam more than one year before the date I filed the Form I-485" I had my Medical in Feb of this year, and filed for my AOS on September 27, 2011. I submitted the Vaccination Documentation and Medical Worksheet Two, ( that I received from the Consulate with my K-1 Visa,) along with the form I-693. On the I-693 I filled out the top portion with my name etc, and put a note on that form that I had my medical within the last year. When I received the RFE, I immediately contacted the Customer Service people, who transferred me to an Officer. I explained that I DID have my medical in Feb of this year. This officer told me to write a cover letter explaining that I did have my medical in Feb.2011; along with a copy of the Vaccination/Medical Worksheet two,(which shows the Feb 23/2011 date) and the Original RFE request letter, and mailedl it back to them. Now, I am wondering if there is something more I should do ???

I am quite stressed over this, I DID have my medical exam, paid for it, and just want to be able to prove this. Can anyone tell me IF they have had this same thing happen, and what they did to resolve this? I did contact the medical clinic in Vancouver BC, where I had the medical and they said to ask the USCIS to contact them and they would confirm this. However, that was 'after' I sent my letter to USCIS. Any suggestions or help, would be much appreciated. Thank you... Elaina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You included only 1 page of the 693? You did not include the 693 vaccination form signed by a civil surgeon in the USA?

If so -

You should have never included just 1 page of the 693. You include the entire section of vaccination transcription or no pages at all.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

You included only 1 page of the 693? You did not include the 693 vaccination form signed by a civil surgeon in the USA?

If so -

You should have never included just 1 page of the 693. You include the entire section of vaccination transcription or no pages at all.

No, I included the entire I-693, but only filled out the top section with my name, with a note that I had my medical in Feb/2011..... along with the 'vaccination/medical worksheet' which is dated Feb 23/2011.........I was told to do this by other VJ members...and they had no problem. ? Are you saying I SHOULD have my vaccination/medical worksheet transcribed by a civil surgeon here???? IF SO>> I will do that..... and thank you for your reply.. Elaina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No, I included the entire I-693, but only filled out the top section with my name, with a note that I had my medical in Feb/2011..... along with the 'vaccination/medical worksheet' which is dated Feb 23/2011.........I was told to do this by other VJ members...and they had no problem. ? Are you saying I SHOULD have my vaccination/medical worksheet transcribed by a civil surgeon here???? IF SO>> I will do that..... and thank you for your reply.. Elaina

Sending in the I-693 without having it properly filled out has caused several people to get RFEs. I am not sure who is advising people to do this, but they should not and stop it. If your vaccinations were complete, you only needed to send in a copy of the vaccination form you got from your medical in Canada. Since you sent in a basically blank I-693, they assumed you just did not have it filled out properly and are wanting to see a correctly filled out and signed form. You can try sending what they told you, with just the note and how you made a mistake including the I-693, but if it were me, I would go to a civil surgeon and have the I-693 filled out proper. I would not to risk it. You need to fill out Part 1- your info, Part 2- vaccinations section ONLY(no full medical needed), and Part 5- where the CS signs off on it.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

WHO told you this? This has resulted in MULTIPLE RFE's. It has NEVER been accurate and NEVER worked that I have seen. I'm sure someone is saying this because they think it's funny to see all these RFE's.

Timeline

Sending in the I-693 without having it properly filled out has caused several people to get RFEs. I am not sure who is advising people to do this, but they should not and stop it. If your vaccinations were complete, you only needed to send in a copy of the vaccination form you got from your medical in Canada. Since you sent in a basically blank I-693, they assumed you just did not have it filled out properly and are wanting to see a correctly filled out and signed form. You can try sending what they told you, with just the note and how you made a mistake including the I-693, but if it were me, I would go to a civil surgeon and have the I-693 filled out proper. I would not to risk it. You need to fill out Part 1- your info, Part 2- vaccinations section ONLY(no full medical needed), and Part 5- where the CS signs off on it.

I thank you so much for your advice.... I spoke with an Immigration Officer today through Customer Service, and yes... I did not have to send in the I-693, just the Vaccination/medical worksheet. She has suggested that I reply to the RFE setting out what happened, and to include a copy of my I-94, the Vaccination/Med worksheet, 'their RFE" and I explained that my medical report was in a 'closed' packet that I gave to the Immigration office at my POE. Also, that I filed the I-693 in ERROR, and to please disregard. I HOPE this will clear it all up, as the Officer seemed to think it would. Thank you again for your input, it was much appreciated. I DID call a Civil Surgeon here today in my area,, and I may also do that. Just to be safe. thanks again.....

Timeline

I thank you so much for your advice.... I spoke with an Immigration Officer today through Customer Service, and yes... I did not have to send in the I-693, just the Vaccination/medical worksheet. She has suggested that I reply to the RFE setting out what happened, and to include a copy of my I-94, the Vaccination/Med worksheet, 'their RFE" and I explained that my medical report was in a 'closed' packet that I gave to the Immigration office at my POE. Also, that I filed the I-693 in ERROR, and to please disregard. I HOPE this will clear it all up, as the Officer seemed to think it would. Thank you again for your input, it was much appreciated. I DID call a Civil Surgeon here today in my area,, and I may also do that. Just to be safe. thanks again.....

Tell them the medical should be in your "A" file. That's what the file is called that you delivered at the POE.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have read several posts relating to the RFE's regarding the Medical; however, I am still a little confused as to what I should do.

In the RFE I received,they said that " the Civil Surgeon certified the exam more than one year before the date I filed the Form I-485" I had my Medical in Feb of this year, and filed for my AOS on September 27, 2011. I submitted the Vaccination Documentation and Medical Worksheet Two, ( that I received from the Consulate with my K-1 Visa,) along with the form I-693. On the I-693 I filled out the top portion with my name etc, and put a note on that form that I had my medical within the last year. When I received the RFE, I immediately contacted the Customer Service people, who transferred me to an Officer. I explained that I DID have my medical in Feb of this year. This officer told me to write a cover letter explaining that I did have my medical in Feb.2011; along with a copy of the Vaccination/Medical Worksheet two,(which shows the Feb 23/2011 date) and the Original RFE request letter, and mailedl it back to them. Now, I am wondering if there is something more I should do ???

I am quite stressed over this, I DID have my medical exam, paid for it, and just want to be able to prove this. Can anyone tell me IF they have had this same thing happen, and what they did to resolve this? I did contact the medical clinic in Vancouver BC, where I had the medical and they said to ask the USCIS to contact them and they would confirm this. However, that was 'after' I sent my letter to USCIS. Any suggestions or help, would be much appreciated. Thank you... Elaina

Hi Elaina. the same thing happened to me, I responded to the RFE as you did, received notification on Oct 27 that they are reviewing my response and am now waiting. Hope both of our RFEs are cleared up soon. It does not matter what we did or why we did it, it is done and now it will be fixed and others will learn from our mistake...a big part of what this forum is about. Look on the positive side, this RFE is while you are with your husband. What I am most annoyed about is not being able to work, so now I am starting to volunteer today. There is always a bright side to every situation.

Have an awesome day!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

Hi Elaina. the same thing happened to me, I responded to the RFE as you did, received notification on Oct 27 that they are reviewing my response and am now waiting. Hope both of our RFEs are cleared up soon. It does not matter what we did or why we did it, it is done and now it will be fixed and others will learn from our mistake...a big part of what this forum is about. Look on the positive side, this RFE is while you are with your husband. What I am most annoyed about is not being able to work, so now I am starting to volunteer today. There is always a bright side to every situation.

Have an awesome day!

Lise

Thank you Lisa for your kind reply... Yes, we do "learn'. I am sending another letter today, as I found a 'blurb' on VJ about the I-693 posted by Capt Ewok...saying basically if you had your medical, and it was sent in the closed packet that you turned in at your POE...you did not have to even file the I-693. I copy/pasted that into my letter, and explained that I had my medical in Canada, that it was in that packet, and I was only given the Vaccination worksheet...which I resent again. I explained that it was MY mistake by filing the I-693, and that was probably what caused the confusion. But, I did have my medical in Feb of this year. So, hopefully this will clear up the matter. Again, thank you and Good Luck to you also...hope you get your work permit soon....... Elaina

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The exact same letter came to me too. I wish I knew how to link my postings on it, but if you log into my page and view my content, you will find them. They have headers of K1 Medical - and K1 AOS. You can go read my statement and the responses.

As for a quick run down, I got the same letter, 1 year over dated. I responded to the RFE with emails from the consulate showing my interview date, emails from the dr. office showing my medical date. A print out of the page from the dr. saying that they wont do the medical until an interview is proven set up with the consulate. What I did personal with all the paperwork, the POE, blah blah. All in all I think there was 9 pages to the RFE to prove that there was no way it was done over a year ago.

When I got to the actual AOS interview, again it was brought up that it was done incorrectly. The IO said that there is 2 parts to the medical, and I only did the first part.

Heres the thing though, the IO left during the OAS interview, and when he came back, he said that what I had was fine, even though it wasnt done throughouly . . . so I still dont know the correct answer, I just did it to the best of my ability, and it was enough in the end.

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Timeline

Okay so it appears that the person giving the bad advice is somewhere in the Canadian forum (give all posts with the same issue are all Canadian). If you find out who it is PLEASE report them and their posts so they may be removed (hopefully).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.