danielleNJ

September 2011 K-1 Filers!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm new here. Just wanted to say hello and see if anyone that filed their i-129f's in September has received an NOA2 yet?

I've been reading so much on this site for the past few months. Is their anything my fiance and I can do while we're waiting for our NOA2 so we can speed up the process? Anything we can start filling out or gathering?

Thank you so much for your help!

I wish everyone luck on their journey!

Danielle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi,

Feel free to poke around this thread already dedicated to Sep 2011 filers. :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/328926-september-filers/

Welcome!

Sep 03, 2011 - Mailed I-129F (K-1)

Sep 17, 2011 - NOA1

Mar 09, 2012 - NOA2

Mar 23, 2012 - Packet 3

May 07, 2012 - Interview - Approved

May 21, 2012 - POE

Jun 03, 2012 - Married

Jul 06, 2012 - SSN Received

Aug 28, 2012 - Bio metrics

Timeline

Hi,

Feel free to poke around this thread already dedicated to Sep 2011 filers. :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/328926-september-filers/

Welcome!

Thank you so much! I feel like all I do is read every thread to make sure I haven't done anything wrong. Crossing my fingers for my NOA2 sometime in December!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm new here. Just wanted to say hello and see if anyone that filed their i-129f's in September has received an NOA2 yet?

I've been reading so much on this site for the past few months. Is their anything my fiance and I can do while we're waiting for our NOA2 so we can speed up the process? Anything we can start filling out or gathering?

Danielle

What makes you think you will get NOA2 in December? There are Aussies here that filed in June and still have not got NOA2. Nearly 5 months and they still have not heard anything so don't think you will be approved in 3 months flat as it seems that is not happening right now and we are coming into holiday season so it will slow down considerably. There is nothing you can do to speed this process up you just have to wait like everyone else does. If you are the Aussie beneficiary you can start by reading up on Sydney consulate and familiarise yourself what you will need when you do get approved.

Like 156 156k birth cert, police report medicals all that. You need to read up on that and then after Xmas you can maybe schedule your medical and go and get your police report done.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

What makes you think you will get NOA2 in December? There are Aussies here that filed in June and still have not got NOA2. Nearly 5 months and they still have not heard anything so don't think you will be approved in 3 months flat as it seems that is not happening right now and we are coming into holiday season so it will slow down considerably. There is nothing you can do to speed this process up you just have to wait like everyone else does. If you are the Aussie beneficiary you can start by reading up on Sydney consulate and familiarise yourself what you will need when you do get approved.

Like 156 156k birth cert, police report medicals all that. You need to read up on that and then after Xmas you can maybe schedule your medical and go and get your police report done.

I am not expecting to or saying I'm going to. I'm just hoping for it. I completely understand the whole process, I'm not assuming anything. I'm sorry if this is out of line but I felt like your response came off a little rude.

I am a US citizen and my fiance is from Australia. Was just looking for some advice on gathering the next round of information so once I do receive my NOA2, I can send everything off right away.

Danielle

I am not expecting to or saying I'm going to. I'm just hoping for it. I completely understand the whole process, I'm not assuming anything. I'm sorry if this is out of line but I felt like your response came off a little rude.

I am a US citizen and my fiance is from Australia. Was just looking for some advice on gathering the next round of information so once I do receive my NOA2, I can send everything off right away.

Danielle

Don't worry Danielle, your hopes and comments are fine...of course you can hope for a response pre Christmas, I'm hoping for the same. BarbaraJ is a little out of sorts...some of her other responses have had a similar tone, so don't let it bother you. Enjoy looking around, there are lots of lovely people on here with good advice in many places... :yes:

AOS Timeline
Filed 15th June, 2012
NOA date 18th June
Bio appt 20th July
Transferred to CSC 21st July, 2012
EAD/AP approved 27th August.
Received Green Card 6th October. No Interview. Amazing!
Thanks for all the help, see you again in June 2014

ROC Timeline

Mailed Package 30th June 2014

I-797 received 5th July, 2014

Biometrics Appointment 07/30/2014.

Timeline

Don't worry Danielle, your hopes and comments are fine...of course you can hope for a response pre Christmas, I'm hoping for the same. BarbaraJ is a little out of sorts...some of her other responses have had a similar tone, so don't let it bother you. Enjoy looking around, there are lots of lovely people on here with good advice in many places... :yes:

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your kind words :)

I understand that everyone's wishing and waiting for the same thing and we all just have to be patient!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your kind words :)

I understand that everyone's wishing and waiting for the same thing and we all just have to be patient!

And I am with you....hoping I get an approval in Dec. Jan. and here's to hoping because I have seen people who filed in July approved so... there is a chance you can be approved before people in June. Keep the hope alive!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Danielle

Don't expect a lot of speed between now and the beginning of the year. With the holidays fast approaching I would bet on longer times between NOA-1 and NOA-2.

September filers will most likely begin to see approvals sometime in mid-January or there about.

Good luck to you on your journey.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

Hi!! I actually filed mine in October but wanted to say hello because you're an Aussimerican couple as well. Hope all of us hear from them by December! Good Luck!

ROC

March 2, 2017 (Day 296) Received 10 year Permanent Resident Card! PHEW
May 11, 2016 (Day 1) Overnight 751 to CSC (Cutting it close due to an unfortunate event :-( )
May 12, 2016 (Day 3) Package received.
May 21, 2016 (Day 10) NOA1

AOS

September 16, 2013 (Day 0) Mailed in I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
September 17, 2013 (Day 1) USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package (according to USPS Express tracking)
September 23, 2013 (Day 7) Received Text Message NOA1
September 30, 2013 (Day 14) Received Hardcopy Notification AND Biometrics Appointment Oct 16th, 2013)
October 9, 2013 (Day 23) RFE
October 15, 2013 (Day 29) RFE responded - needed another copy of the I-797 and birth certificate
October 16, 2013 (Day 30) Biometics Appointment (Los Angeles, in and out in 15 minutes)
October 30, 2013 (Day 44) RFE under review
December 5, 2013 (Day 80) RFE #2 - self employed so needed additional evidence on I864
December 15,2013 (Day 90) Received Hard Copy
December 31, 2013 (Day 106) RFE Response Review
January 4, 2014 (Day 110) EAD IN PRODUCTION!!!
January 11, 2014 (Day 117) EAD in hand'
January 13, 2014 (Day 119) Testing and Interview
January 27, 2014 ( Day 133) Interview Notice (March 3)
March 3, 2014 (Day 168) Interview. RFE #3 Doctor forgot to check a few things. Pending...
March 10, 2014
May 16, 2014 (8 months exactly) Finally received welcome notice. GC pending.

K1

October 27, 2011: I-129F Sent
November 1, 2011: I-129F Delivered!
November 4, 2011: Check Cashed
November 8, 2011: NOA1 Notification
March 27, 2012: NOA2
June 5, 2012: Interview (We pushed it back a bit on purpose and took us a bit to get the documents - get them early folks!)
August 8th, 2012: Arrival in US (Yippie!)
October 5th, 2012: Marriage :-)

I'm also saying hi to Dannielle too, welcome to the Austramerican club lol I'm also an Oct filer moonunit so lets hope! Just got my NOA1 in the mail right now after the packet got there on Oct 27th :thumbs:

Brandy + Ben = <3
Dating online since June 2009
Met Feb 23rd 2010
Lived together in US on J1 Visa since Sept 28th 2010
Got engaged on Sept 21st 2011 :)
He went back to Australia at the end of his J1 Visa on Sept 22nd 2011 :(

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011
Received: 10/27/2011
NOA1 dated: 10/31/2011
NOA1 received in mail: 11/4/2011

NOA2!!!!! 01/25/2012 in 86 days! :wow:
Married June 4th 2012 <3

Like "I Support Austramerican Relationships" on Facebook!

Timeline

And I am with you....hoping I get an approval in Dec. Jan. and here's to hoping because I have seen people who filed in July approved so... there is a chance you can be approved before people in June. Keep the hope alive!

Exactly! Let's all be optimistic!

Don't expect a lot of speed between now and the beginning of the year. With the holidays fast approaching I would bet on longer times between NOA-1 and NOA-2.

September filers will most likely begin to see approvals sometime in mid-January or there about.

Good luck to you on your journey.

Thank you very much! Hopefully the service center's won't slow down too much over Christmas.

Hi!! I actually filed mine in October but wanted to say hello because you're an Aussimerican couple as well. Hope all of us hear from them by December! Good Luck!

Hello! Nice to meet another Aussie-American couple. Good luck!

Timeline

I'm also saying hi to Dannielle too, welcome to the Austramerican club lol I'm also an Oct filer moonunit so lets hope! Just got my NOA1 in the mail right now after the packet got there on Oct 27th :thumbs:

Congratulations on your NOA1. Good luck! Nice to meet you as well!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much! I feel like all I do is read every thread to make sure I haven't done anything wrong. Crossing my fingers for my NOA2 sometime in December!

Good luck with that plan... :unsure:

I am hoping for end of January beginning of February and I am a September filer. Then with luck have the visa approved by March/April ... depending.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.