Palladin

Tragedy! Visa Denied!

178 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you have a small window while your case is being review. that's why everyone on this board is telling to contact a lawyer so you can figure out what you can do to delay your case from going into the "reject pile". once it's there, it will be there for a long long time. if you truly believe you can argue your way into a second interview, more power to you. somehow you believe they will give you a second chance, but you ignore the fact that almost never happen. you're very positive about what they're telling you, while you don't see what is clearly written on your white slip. do you see the irony here? if hoping and assuming is what you're relying on instead of a good lawyer, then you can also add prayers to it too. another words, get a good attorney to help you. good luck and keep us posted.

I understand that statistically hard denial cases in Guangzhou almost never get a second chance before they are sent back to the USCIS. However the feedback I get from Guangzhou IV has been positive so far, after some initial negative response. In one email they even explicitly mentioned they will call my wife in for a second interview before consider sending the case back to USCIS. They repeatedly asked me to bear with them for the Administrative Processing, and repeatedly re-assured me they will notify my wife what to do next when the AP is done and the case is continued. "Case continued" would mean continue to be processed in the Guangzhou Consulate.

The fact is I have strong documentations and strong evidences submitted with the original petition and to the NVC. A hard denial just should never happen in the first place. If they have doubt I would thought a soft denial with a blue sheet must be more appropriate. Hard denial for CR1 are extremely rare to begin with.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

A hard denial just should never happen in the first place. If they have doubt I would thought a soft denial with a blue sheet must be more appropriate. Hard denial for CR1 are extremely rare to begin with.

They are NOT extremely rare. It is my understanding the decision was made based on what happened in the interview. You've already analysed what went wrong pretty well. I'm glad it appears you're getting a second chance. You've certainly done everything you could do, to make that happen. You are apparently pretty well aware of what did NOT get done well in the way of preparation. Consular officers consider the totality of circumstances of which they are aware. Making sure they become aware of the the necessary positive factors, is at least as much the couple's responsibility as the Consular Officer's.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

This is how they responded to my Congressman's inquiry. Can you guys cecipher anythign out of this? Good? Bad?

post-96691-0-22055700-1322733326_thumb.png

No mentioning of the visa denial, nor mentioning of the non-bona fide thing. Is that a good news to me? The letter was dated on Nov. 14.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

looks like your in AP and were successful in keeping the case there for now. THey will do the investigative work now and see if she is eligible for the visa. If they find she is not they will send it back if she is they will issue the visa..

They will do anything under AP as you may be aware already... they may do field investigations, they check the validity of the documents, they check backgrounds... anything goes under ap...

Sorry for all this but it sounds like when they decide whats going on they will notify you.. good luck

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline

It sounds like good news to me because your case was still at Guangzhou. It doesn't sound as if they are sending it back to USCIS as of yet but you never know with GZO.

Good Luck!

07/07/09 : Married

08/18/09: I-130 Sent to Chicago

08/20/09: I-130 Received by USCIS

08/25/09: NOA1

09/22/09: NOA2

10/05/09: Received case# and gave emails

10/07/09: Received DS-3032 and AOS email

10/09/09: Sent DS-3032 email to optin electronic filing

10/15/09: Paid both AOS & IV fees

10/16/09: Received email electronic filing accepted

10/18/09: Sent AOS via email

10/23/09: Received email that AOS was accepted and waiting for IV

10/27/09: Sent IV via email

11/10/09: Signon to payment failure

11/19/09: Received email for interview - December 14th

12/14/09: Approved for Visa

12/16/09: Received Visa

Timeline

This is how they responded to my Congressman's inquiry. Can you guys cecipher anythign out of this? Good? Bad?

Smells like normal AP, to be done at the GUZ IV unit, with no casefile returning to USCIS in USA.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

AP - hope it all comes through for you :)

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

Timeline

Still waiting. It sound the other lady who received a similar white slip of denial on CR1 a day after us successfully got her second interview scheduled. My wife's case is still in AP according to DOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Stick with it guys...we are all wishing we could do something to help other than just giving you our good wishes...it is incredibly uplifting to see someone like yourself do everything possible to have your wife with you...and you will !!

Timeline

Latest email inquiry response from Guangzhou IV is even more encouraging. They did not say much. But they did respond within just a few hours, and they explicitly said they will be using EMS (express mail) to notify my wife once the AP is finished. This is as explicit as they could get in telling me that my wife is most likely get a second interview, or get the visa directly, at the end of AP, rather than having her case sent back to USCIS. My understanding is if the case is to be sent back to USCIS, they would not bother to even send a letter, let alone use the expensive EMS.

I'm so hopeful for you, and your hard work for this is truly inspiring. You totally deserve at least a second interview.

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

Timeline

hey - some movement, of a sort. That's encouraging. I not have any sense of denial if EMS is used...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

sorry to hear :( support her and prepare better next time :)don't give up!!

Edited by Owcean

Our Visa Journey:

- 2003, met thru a music forum, NOT a dating site ;)
- Dec 9, 2010, met in person and engaged
- June 7, 2011, married
- Sept 28, 2011 1st Packet sent
- Sept 29, 2011, received NOA 1
- April 4, 2012, received NOA 2, move to NVC
- May 15, 2012, Case Number assigned!
- May 16, 2012, I 864 Bill paid
- May 19, 2012, Emailed DS 3032 to NVC
- May 24, 2012, Returned Completed DS 3032
- May 24, 2012, Received IV Bill
- May 24, 2012, Paid IV Bill
- May 31, 2012, AOS package SENT
- June 14, 2012, Package IV SENT
- June 26, 2012, CASE COMPLETED! 1 month, 1 week and 4 days since NVC received
- August 2, 2012, Interview, PASSED smile.png

- October 18, 2014: arrived in the US :)

--

Removal Conditional Resident:

July 23, 2014: Petition sent

August 1, 2014: I-797 Form (NOA) received

August 18, 2014: Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.