Dennis & Jean

Difference of Age

155 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been to the Philippines two times. I have seen cheaters and people that do not match. I ament Jean on a dating site in May. From the start we have ment each others expectations. I visted her in August. I even extended my stay untill the middle of September. Now back in the USA I just sent off the K-129 and now waiting. I worry about our age difference.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

how old are you and how old is she?

Nov 9th 2010 Petition received at California Service Center

May 4th 2011 Received petition Approval letter

May 12th 2011 Received Letter from NVC stating info has been forwarded to Lagos consulate office

July 14th 2011 Received Fiancé Visa packet and interview date (via email)

Sept 20th 2011 Interview day! Visa not approved.. Requesting more proof :-(

Sept 28th 2011 Second interview scheduled for early December :-)

Dec 5th 2011 Interview rescheduled consulate office caught fire :-(

Dec 6th 2011 Visa APPROVED!!!! :-D

Timeline

Fortunately, age difference is not a big issue here in the Philippines. The US Embassy in Manila does not consider that a big red mark on your case as long as you and your beneficiary can establish proof of genuine relationship and have every intention to get married. Your good to go for filing and best of luck..

http://www.facebook.com/groups/172677142783305/ - she can join this fb group and it can give her more insights of the visa processing here in manila ..

Timeline

One example, I had met a Filipina in the U.S. before I met my fiancee. This Filipina I met online told me that she had been happily married and there was a 39 year age difference. He was now deceased. I chose not to meet this woman because I wanted children and she had two already. Another example, there was another man in my neighborhood that was approved and he 35 years older. This couple did break up but it had nothing to do with their age. They were not compatible. Another example, I tried to tell a 24 y/o not to email me again because she was too young and I got this one page email back explaining why a 31 year difference was okay.. and she gave me examples of what she knew of. My point is, that this is common in the Philippines. You sound like you have a Western concious. I do too.

My finance is 27 years younger but I do look younger and she is more mature. The reason I was interested in her had nothing to do with her age, it was that we were so much alike. We were a match. We are really on the same paths and enjoy each other and want the same things. I didn't plan it this way, but I too have seen couples that are similar in age that don't match and are not going to last. Use your good common sense. If this is your soul mate, just make sure that you are hers and if so, you can probably offer her a better happier life than many men out there that are much closer in age. Just don't spoil her once she is here. This is why you love her because of who she is. Best of luck to you.

Disclaimer: Just make sure she is not a manipulative woman or desires money because that would be the worst day of your life if you marry someone like that.

Timeline

I have been to the Philippines two times. I have seen cheaters and people that do not match. I ament Jean on a dating site in May. From the start we have ment each others expectations. I visted her in August. I even extended my stay untill the middle of September. Now back in the USA I just sent off the K-129 and now waiting. I worry about our age difference.

for me, tho my fiance is 14 years older than me. I should say the success of a relationship doessn't come with age. It is dependent on the compatibility of the couple.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

WC, with the way you spell & write, together with the age difference, ... probably they jus gonna keep puttin ur K-129 to the bottom of da pile :help:

kiddn, man... Western Cowboy probably go to California S.C. and have the NOA2 in bout 3 weeks!

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Everyone is different on preference about soulmate or whatever it is we called for. For example, my preference is that I would not going to marry someone who as older as my father that we have 26 years difference gap. My fiance has preference not dated a girl with more than 15 years age gap.. So we are match. But, of course our preference can't be use and apply to others relationship preference.

Most important, age does not matter as long as you are both can get a long each other. My fiance told me, most important we have good communication and interest that we can match. You don't have to like all for what your partner likes but at least there is something to talk and discuss about. We can talk many hours for different topics from various things like politic, music, songs, astronomy, etc.etc. I can keep up even we have age gap and he does as well.

I was reading somewhere on VJ that there is a husband back from work and his wife watching Hannah Montana. His wife 21 year old and he is 47 year old. The marriage only last a month, if I don't make mistake to recalls the story.

I mean AGAIN age does not matter as long as both of you enjoy to create blisfull relationship. Someone can have very big problem with their age difference but look at Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones. They are both happy even he is 25 years senior than her.

I think marriage is not like we just being together for short time. This is for the rest of life. No matter how beautiful or handsome or younger your partners are but when you can't have good communication the relationship would going to doom.Those physhical things easy to fade away and only good heart would stay forever.

I only say, you can ask your heart about it because heart never lies. Good luck,good.gif

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If it's a difference of say 10 yrs .. I don't think it should be an issue.

However, if you are like 50yrs and she's 25yrs.. That's pretty much gonna raise red flags, guaranteed.

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

If it's a difference of say 10 yrs .. I don't think it should be an issue.

However, if you are like 50yrs and she's 25yrs.. That's pretty much gonna raise red flags, guaranteed.

I have reading many stories here on VJ especially from PI that age difference is not a big deal. Some of them have been approved for visa. One of that I can remember is Darren-Gretchen and they have 35 years age gap. He had popular thread before. I only can guess -because I'm not an anthropologist- it's depend to the country that culture or custom would apply before embassy.issued the visa.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

It is country by country whether it is a red flag or not. It depends on the age spread and percentage of fraud.

In the Philippines it may draw a bit of extra scrutiny. But, there is not a lot of fraud from this factor. Others

processing their visas' at the same time as mine had 20+ year age difference. They all received visas. And they

are all well into their 3rd year of marriage.

regards,

Timeline
I worry about our age difference.

Common interest is a plus but not really

Priorities in life

compatibility: maybe religion, lifestyle, points of view

If you are jived with one another

Attraction

maturity

Me and my fiance got 29yr age difference but we are fine. Just use your common sense and listen to your gut. If you felt like you're being used for money, by her and her family who thought they got a big fish- then leave.

Happy New Year!

My wife arrived in the USA in April of this year. We are 25 years apart in age. At first I was worried how comfortable I would feel with her because of the age difference. Those worries are now gone. She is an incredible person. Everyone that meets her thinks she is such a nice person. She is a very caring wife. Sometimes I feel a little insecure because a lot of men stare at her.

You need to look at how your gf was raised and what her morales and values are in life. She almost never ask for anything and when I buy her something, she is extremely appreciative to me.

I only wish that I had met her 10 years sooner.

Age difference is not an issue with most Filipino women.

I am a very happy 60 yr old man to have her.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Age Gap has always made me feel uncomfortable. Mav's 33 and I'm almost 50.

But, I realize. Thats who I talk to everyday. The age thing still bothers me but I know I love her. I think I'm a sick Pervert sometimes. :help::rofl:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Tim! You're killin' me! :rofl::o:bonk::rofl:

"I think I'm a sick Pervert sometimes".... :ot2::rofl:

Edited by GringoD

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Timeline

Fortunately, age difference is not a big issue here in the Philippines. The US Embassy in Manila does not consider that a big red mark on your case as long as you and your beneficiary can establish proof of genuine relationship and have every intention to get married. Your good to go for filing and best of luck..

http://www.facebook....72677142783305/ - she can join this fb group and it can give her more insights of the visa processing here in manila ..

And to add, my fiance and I have 19 years of age gap. We have been happily together for almost 2 years before we filed our I-129F petition for us. We are still awaiting on our NOA2 to come and we feel confident we will get it within the 5 month processing time.

Its not about the numbers, its all about maturity, knowing and accepting flaws of each other.

Others are right, fraud indicators are being reviewed depends on the country the beneficiary. As I had said earlier and based on collective information from our fb group, visa denials for alien's fiancee & spouse are rare. Applicants are given 221g form to submit additional documents as determined sufficient by the US Consul who conducted interviews.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.