francois90

i130 i need answers :)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

hello guys

my aunt applied for my mother in may 2003 i130 application and in the begining my case status was Decision then a year ago i found it went back to acceptance in

the same time we recived a letter wich is:

the enclosed information pertains to your interest in immigrating to the united states of america ,the information concerning your registration is noted at the end of the letter

unfortunately visa numbers are not presently availble for your use you will be notified when further consideration can be given to processing your application for immigration ,the reason for this delay is that there are more applicants for visas than there are immigrant visa numbers avialble under the limitation prescribed by law for some visa categories for example f3 ,this delay could be many years ,should you wish to know which priority dates are currently being processed, you may call the state department's visa office

you are cautioned that you must not make any firm plans ,such as disposing of property giving up jobs ,or making travel arrangements at this time we have no way of predicting when it will be possible to proceed with your immigrant visa application

you need not check with us further unless you need to report a change of address or a change in your personal situation which may effect your entitlement to an immigrant visa

we will keep your case on file untill further action is possible ,when communicating with this office either by telephone or letter ,you must always refer your name and case number exactly as they appear below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and when my aunt calls the uscis they keep tellin her everything is okay i just wanna make sure of it.... unfortunatley they don't tell when the application will be approved :S

i need to know 1-what is the point of the letter because it is not match with the case status on uscis.gov

2-in the processing times :I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sister April 25, 2007

what does it mean? because the application was applied in may 2003 i want to know what does it mean april ,2007

in the end i do appreciate any answer and thanks alot :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hello guys

my aunt applied for my mother in may 2003 i130 application and in the begining my case status was Decision then a year ago i found it went back to acceptance in

the same time we recived a letter wich is:

the enclosed information pertains to your interest in immigrating to the united states of america ,the information concerning your registration is noted at the end of the letter

unfortunately visa numbers are not presently availble for your use you will be notified when further consideration can be given to processing your application for immigration ,the reason for this delay is that there are more applicants for visas than there are immigrant visa numbers avialble under the limitation prescribed by law for some visa categories for example f3 ,this delay could be many years ,should you wish to know which priority dates are currently being processed, you may call the state department's visa office

you are cautioned that you must not make any firm plans ,such as disposing of property giving up jobs ,or making travel arrangements at this time we have no way of predicting when it will be possible to proceed with your immigrant visa application

you need not check with us further unless you need to report a change of address or a change in your personal situation which may effect your entitlement to an immigrant visa

we will keep your case on file untill further action is possible ,when communicating with this office either by telephone or letter ,you must always refer your name and case number exactly as they appear below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and when my aunt calls the uscis they keep tellin her everything is okay i just wanna make sure of it.... unfortunatley they don't tell when the application will be approved :S

i need to know 1-what is the point of the letter because it is not match with the case status on uscis.gov

2-in the processing times :I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sister April 25, 2007

what does it mean? because the application was applied in may 2003 i want to know what does it mean april ,2007

in the end i do appreciate any answer and thanks alot :)

do you mean to say that she never received the approval of the i130? the i130 should be approved and sent to the NVC or National Visa Center and then wait until the priority date becomes current.

the date means they are currently processing 130 that were filed in 2007. that's why I'm saying that she should have received the approval a long time ago.

If it was approved then the i130 isn't at te USCIS center any more, there is no change on the website, the i130 has been sent to NVC and there it will sit. Depending on the country, the waiting time for siblings is more than 10 years. that's why they send letters to not sell homes or do anything because there is a very long wait.

What country is your mom from?

Edited by aleful

do you mean to say that she never received the approval of the i130? the i130 should be approved and sent to the NVC or National Visa Center and then wait until the priority date becomes current.

the date means they are currently processing 130 that were filed in 2007. that's why I'm saying that she should have received the approval a long time ago.

If it was approved then the i130 isn't at te USCIS center any more, there is no change on the website, the i130 has been sent to NVC and there it will sit. Depending on the country, the waiting time for siblings is more than 10 years. that's why they send letters to not sell homes or do anything because there is a very long wait.

What country is your mom from?

thanks aleful for your reply i meant that 2 years ago the application was in the Decision level (step) and a year ago dunno what happened it has returned to the acceptance level on the internet(uscis.gov) and in the same time when my aunt call the uscis they tell her that the case is in the visa center i don't know what to do i am comfused

on the web i am in the acceptance level and on the phone the case is in the visa center ! ,my mom is egyptian

and u know the situation in egypt is not so good right now ... is there any way to make the process faster ?? :)

thanks again :):)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

thanks aleful for your reply i meant that 2 years ago the application was in the Decision level (step) and a year ago dunno what happened it has returned to the acceptance level on the internet(uscis.gov) and in the same time when my aunt call the uscis they tell her that the case is in the visa center i don't know what to do i am comfused

on the web i am in the acceptance level and on the phone the case is in the visa center ! ,my mom is egyptian

and u know the situation in egypt is not so good right now ... is there any way to make the process faster ?? :)

thanks again :):)

then it was approved an at the NVC, your aunt shouldn't be checking the website or calling, there is no further need for the uscis center. unfortunatly there is nothing that can be done, the waiting is over 10 years in total, she has already waited 8. when the time comes the NVC will contact your aunt and request more payments and forms until the file is complete. if the priority date is current, then they will send your mom the interview. that won't happen for 3 or 4 years more, currently they are working with the year 2000.

you have to check every month the visa bulletin. i'll copy the link for next month's bulletin. You're mom's category is F4, siblings of USC

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5572.html

Edited by aleful

then it was approved an at the NVC, your aunt shouldn't be checking the website or calling, there is no further need for the uscis center. unfortunatly there is nothing that can be done, the waiting is over 10 years in total, she has already waited 8. when the time comes the NVC will contact your aunt and request more payments and forms until the file is complete. if the priority date is current, then they will send your mom the interview. that won't happen for 3 or 4 years more, currently they are working with the year 2000.

you have to check every month the visa bulletin. i'll copy the link for next month's bulletin. You're mom's category is F4, siblings of USC

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5572.html

aleful u r the best :)

i've heard that when the year number 10 comes she should get her 6 months visa untill she get the green card when she arrive to the US . i just wanna make sure that it wont take more than 10 years . do u think so ? :)

thanks again aleful and really appreciate all your replies :)

Edited by francois90

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She would get an IR1 visa which becomes a temp GC on entry.

So when her number becomes current she can start the process which takes some time then she has 6 months to activate it once she has it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

So when her number becomes current she can start the process which takes some time then she has 6 months to activate it once she has it.

thanks Boiler for the info :) do u know any way to make the process faster??? :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wait! I'm confused! :wacko:

Your aunt applied for your mom, correct? That means it was a family preference F4 visa category - sibling of a US citizen, right? You could get a derivative visa as long as your CSPA age was under 21 years. However, if you've aged out then there's no visa category you could be automatically changed to. Your aunt has no petitionable relationship with you. The visa category they cited in the letter - F3 - is for a married son or daughter of a US citizen. Do you have a parent who is a US citizen?

What's going on?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Wait! I'm confused! :wacko:

Your aunt applied for your mom, correct? That means it was a family preference F4 visa category - sibling of a US citizen, right? You could get a derivative visa as long as your CSPA age was under 21 years. However, if you've aged out then there's no visa category you could be automatically changed to. Your aunt has no petitionable relationship with you. The visa category they cited in the letter - F3 - is for a married son or daughter of a US citizen. Do you have a parent who is a US citizen?

What's going on?

JimVaPhuong thanks for your reply

no my parents are egyptians but my aunt asked the lawyer about the age he told her that our application is stick to the old law not the new one i didn't get it so well bs what i get is that the old law allow me to get the visa untill i become 28 years old ,,, the real problem to me is that i want to make the process fast

because the situation in egypt is not comfortable of course u've heard what is happening to christians ...

thanks again JimVaPhuong :)

Timeline

I have never heard of CSPA extending 7 years, I would definitely heck up on that

I was commenting about your mothers petition and her emigration.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I have never heard of CSPA extending 7 years, I would definitely heck up on that

I was commenting about your mothers petition and her emigration.

yeah but also keep in mind that me and my father

when my aunt applied an application for my mother that application include me as her son and my father as her husband.

Timeline

It would not have, that only becomes an issue when a visa number is available.

If she had divorced you father for example he would no longer be eligible.

If she subsequently had children who are eligible, they would be included. Aged out children are not.

Filed: Timeline

An IR-1 visa is for a spouse of a US citizen who has been married for more than 2 years. In this case, it is a US citizen petitioning for a sibling (F3 family preference category).

JimVaPhuong thanks for your reply

no my parents are egyptians but my aunt asked the lawyer about the age he told her that our application is stick to the old law not the new one i didn't get it so well bs what i get is that the old law allow me to get the visa untill i become 28 years old ,,, the real problem to me is that i want to make the process fast

because the situation in egypt is not comfortable of course u've heard what is happening to christians ...

thanks again JimVaPhuong :)

Your aunt filed the petition in 2003 for your mother. There is no old law or new law that affects you. The only that does is CSPA which was passed in 2000.

yeah but also keep in mind that me and my father

when my aunt applied an application for my mother that application include me as her son and my father as her husband.

Your aunt applied for your mother. Your aunt did not apply for you or your father. The law said that when her Priority Date becomes current, your mother can bring her husband and children with CSPA age under 21. When you turned 21, you aged out. CSPA may apply to you.

Filed: Timeline

When is your birthday?

You need to find out when the petition for your mother was approved. Your aunt should have gotten an approval notice. Without the approval date, there is no way to know how long CSPA will protect you. Either get the notice from your aunt or she needs to contact USCIS and request a duplicate letter.

When is your birthday?

You need to find out when the petition for your mother was approved. Your aunt should have gotten an approval notice. Without the approval date, there is no way to know how long CSPA will protect you. Either get the notice from your aunt or she needs to contact USCIS and request a duplicate letter.

thanks Jojo92122

i'll be 21 next may

what is cspa ?? i mean what does it stand for ? :)

thanks again Jojo92122 :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.