mike42979

Is her Philippine degree worthless in the U.S???

39 posts in this topic

Like for example, some are so clueless about history or geography.

AND Math. Hehe :D

W2tim4.png

US Wedding 7/22/2011

0386172.th.jpg0725350.th.jpg0962502.th.jpg0733355.th.jpg0857426.th.jpg

PH Wedding 3/12/2013

http://vimeo.com/61700599

Filed: Timeline

Having gone to college in the Phils and the US, I'd say it is more extensive in the US. Tests are easier but lessons are more detailed.

It is only when I took up Accounting here that I got to understand the principles. And instructors in community colleges tend to be more passionate. I dunno, that is how I feel.

Maybe, it depends on the school after all. But community colleges here in the US tend to be good, at par with the Philippines' best public and private universities. The education system in the Philippines, sadly, has been neglected for a very long time. As regards to public schools, it seems that only UP is prioritized. I had a one year stint in a public high school and it wasn't good.Had to go back to private school. It is sad that this is happening. The only thing I noticed is that a lot of US students tend to be lazy. But speaking of quality, hands down. Despite the budget cuts. Lots of passionate instructors too.

I say, abolish the pork barrel and allocate it to education. After all, most go to their pockets or the party list pork barrel use it to fund the NPA and destabilize the country

Edited by Kang

Chinook was schooled in the Philippines.

Her computer science degree got her jobs in Makati with two foreign international corporations. No problem there with her degree or with her transcripts.

Chinook also has a degree in nursing. She had no problem with her degree or with the evaluation of her transcripts when she received permission to take the NCLEX-RN, the exam that any nursing graduate must pass before they can work as a registered nurse in the U.S.

She passed the NCLEX-RN in the minimum 75 questions on her first try. Very very few American nursing graduates have done that. Chinook is now working as an RN here in the States. Her employer didn't ask for a copy of her diploma or her transcripts.

It makes me think that 'Pinas has some pretty good schools.

By the way, how many 'Kanos can speak five languages by the time they graduate from high school or college?

Chinook was fluent in five: Ilonggo, Tagalog, English, Taglish, and Ilongglish. ;):)

• 4 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Philippine Degree is not worthless in US.All you have to do is look for a legit credential evaluators company here,for my case I used the ECE and since I have my Masters degree in PI,the licensing agency issued me a license to teach in US without taking a praxis exam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.