Leatherneck

Jerry Brown signs ban on open-carry handguns

294 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Now Gary, you have to understand that Californians shouldn't be allowed to have real loaded firearms. Let them stick to catering to illegals, forcing gay history in public schools on children, and banning anyone under the age of 18 from getting a tanning session.

Californians aren't responsible enough to make adult decisions for themselves, that's why they have people like Chairman Brown and Chairman Pelosi making those kind of adult decisions for them.

Well so far it is the only answer I have seen to my question. Perhaps it is the best one. Maybe there is another one?

As for me, I think that Californians are just as capable of being allowed to carry concealed handguns as people in Vermont. I trust them, I think they are responsible and largely law abiding people. I think they could expect to see the same kind of crime reductions that have been expericened in every place that has implemented concealed carry.

But maybe they really are too stupid, irresponsible and just basically uneducated neandrathals that cannot handle responsibility. Who knows?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well so far it is the only answer I have seen to my question. Perhaps it is the best one. Maybe there is another one?

As for me, I think that Californians are just as capable of being allowed to carry concealed handguns as people in Vermont. I trust them, I think they are responsible and largely law abiding people. I think they could expect to see the same kind of crime reductions that have been expericened in every place that has implemented concealed carry.

But maybe they really are too stupid, irresponsible and just basically uneducated neandrathals that cannot handle responsibility. Who knows?

Gary, are you willfully ignorant? Seriously, we don't want concealed weapons, just as you don't need to carry one. Just because you don't understand why there is higher crime in California than Vermont doesn't mean there isn't one.

Timeline

Why is it that Californians have higher crime and cannot handle carrying guns? If you don't WANT to , then DON'T. No one is required to carry guns in Vermont. Why make it illegal?

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Police can't even carry concealed weapons off duty without getting into trouble. I know one LAPD officer that had a nasty habit of losing his weapon every time he got drunk. I also remember a shoot out between off duty LAPD Metro officers and off duty Ventura County deputies outside a tavern in Agoura.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Again I'm not getting the "unloaded part" of this story. Do you mean Californians weren't allowed to carry loaded weapons on their person? :rofl:

Makes me glad that I live in a real US state where US citizens still enjoy their Constitutional rights and are treated like adults where they are allowed to make their own decisions. :dance:

Now that I think about it, Californians shouldn't be allowed to carry loaded weapons...most of them would most likely end up shooting themselves in the foot. Good deal that they have baby sitters like Chairman Brown, and Chairman Pelosi to show the good Comrades the way. :yes:

Only if you were lucky enough to get a CCW, from a county sheriff, which was extremely difficult to get, depending on the county you lived in.

The CCW was on a "may issue" basis according to the local sheriff. The bold print is what was used as the "gotcha" by the sheriff or police chief.

"The sheriff of a county, upon proof that the person applying is of good moral character, that good cause exists for the issuance, and that the person applying satisfies any one of the conditions specified in subparagraph (D) and has completed a course of training as described in subparagraph (E), may issue to that person a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person"

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Police can't even carry concealed weapons off duty without getting into trouble. I know one LAPD officer that had a nasty habit of losing his weapon every time he got drunk. I also remember a shoot out between off duty LAPD Metro officers and off duty Ventura County deputies outside a tavern in Agoura.

Police should not have guns at all. I am fully in favor of restricting the governments access to firearms.

Police in England do not need guns and their crime is lower than California's (but much higher than Vermont's)

Gary And Alla

Timeline

If you can demonstrate that your life, or property is in imminent danger, then you can openly carry a loaded weapon with which to protect yourself, even in California. However, police "accidently" shoot and kill those folks all the time.

You mean carry concealed, right?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

What, exactly, about Californians makes them unable to handle being armed like people in Vermont? I never got an answer before, maybe now I will ?

The population of Vermont is about as "average" as can be. It is not mostly "middle to upper middle class" Ignorance of the facts does not change them. Check your facts on Vermont before you make up stories as to why we have low crime.

FACT: We have extremely low crime

FACT: Anyone can carry loaded guns, even non-residents. ANYone

FACT: Every state that implemented concealed carry has experienced reduced crime rates

Nothing, the loony-left and progressives infesting the state and legislature are the problem.

You mean carry concealed, right?

Only under certain circustances:

a) A violation of Section 12025 is justifiable when a

person who possesses a firearm reasonably believes that he or she is

in grave danger because of circumstances forming the basis of a

current restraining order issued by a court against another person or

persons who has or have been found to pose a threat to his or her

life or safety.

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/12025.5.html

Timeline

Only under certain circustances:

Granted, even with a permit, you can not open-carry a loaded weapon. Loaded open-carry has been illegal since 1967.

So if you have a CCW, you damn well better be carrying concealed.

We only ask one thing when you come to visit California, "Leave your inhibitions at home."

5879849895-gay-pride-festival-san-francisco.jpg

The lone time I was there was when me and the soon to be ex drove down to Oregon from Seatac airport back in '94 to visit her relatives. I took an extra hour and forty min. to drive across the California border, pull over and p*ssed on the side of the road. Got back in and drove back to Medford (Oregon). I wanted to be able to say I p*ssed on California. :star:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Granted, even with a permit, you can not open-carry a loaded weapon. Loaded open-carry has been illegal since 1967.

So if you have a CCW, you damn well better be carrying concealed.

You can still use whatever reasonable force is necessarily to protect your life and property from immediate danger. That would include a firearm. However, that differs from openly carrying a loaded firearm without the immediate danger.

Edited by Crusty Old Perv

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

The lone time I was there was when me and the soon to be ex drove down to Oregon from Seatac airport back in '94 to visit her relatives. I took an extra hour and forty min. to drive across the California border, pull over and p*ssed on the side of the road. Got back in and drove back to Medford (Oregon). I wanted to be able to say I p*ssed on California. :star:

So what state are you from?

So what state are you from?

Born in Washington state, lived in Alaska now since 1981 minus a six year stretch in Washington when I was working out of the Seattle - Tacoma local (Iron Workers).

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Born in Washington state, lived in Alaska now since 1981 minus a six year stretch in Washington when I was working out of the Seattle - Tacoma local (Iron Workers).

So do you feel your an Alaskan? For instance I still feel that I am a Missourian despite not living there since 2000. I moved to Kansas for 5 years and the UK before coming to California.