PD is Current.

Official White House Petition, need your signatureS!!

121 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

my friend....we are here to help each other in their immigration issues....and for that to support each other in human ways....we are trying to voice our opinion which is totally logical and suits humanity....(Does wasting 50000 visas on lottery to the countries and people who dont have any relatives or attachment to usa make usa toilet or not??? If yes then oppose it...it is not logical or related to humanity)....so in the forum which titles """Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America"""",why cant we talk about signing petition????

We are not guests of united states in which you born bcaz history of human is of migration....so no one is the owner of any land...the land belongs to human being as a whole...

And as far as usa is concern, its economy had been hit hard by other factors and certainly not immigration of relatives of lprs...

If no one is the owner of the land…… why don’t you stay on the land you are on and we will stay on the land we are on.

Why are you so desperate to come to the land we are on?

This is the exact reason I am opposed to such petition and demands….if you want to move to this country you go by rules of this country, this country’s rule do not have to flex and bend to accommodate you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

If no one is the owner of the land…… why don’t you stay on the land you are on and we will stay on the land we are on.

This is the exact reason I am opposed to such petition and demands….if you want to move to this country you go by rules of this country, this country’s rule do not have to flex and bend to accommodate you.

my friend.....i want to live on any land where i can live good and legal life....and i am sure you are not the owner of usa so you cant tell anyone not to stay in usa or desperate to be in usa...we are not stopping you to oppose our petition...you can if you want but dont force us not to sign petition...

By the way, i have seen too many indians who got usa citizenship and they are considering themselves as promoters or rulers of usa....but when they came to india they pretend themselves as indian....so fake people....and this is the truth that history of human being is of migrations....

i dont wnat to make any personal comment...(otherwise i will ask question like are you originally from usa? means ur ancestors are from usa???)..but i will not ask this kind of personal question....this is just proof of the truth...

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

didn't you come from same country he's from?

why didn't you stay in India?

i bet you came here on F1 or H1B then got your LPR and US passport now thinking you're high and mighty.

You are getting a good one! LOL dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

didn't you come from same country he's from?

why didn't you stay in India?

i bet you came here on F1 or H1B then got your LPR and US passport now thinking you're high and mighty.

Yes I came as immigrant, I waitd my time thru various visa.

Thats exactly other ppl are telling you, no one is against immigration wait out your time.

Seems you dont want to wait out your time and are asking for the rules to be changed as they are causing you inconvenience. If I go by your premise all the students should had filed a petition saying ohhh not allowed to work of campus is causing us lot of inconvenience change the rule.

Then there would no rule at all required.... why do we need rules and regulation then?

Timeline

my friend.....i want to live on any land where i can live good and legal life....and i am sure you are not the owner of usa so you cant tell anyone not to stay in usa or desperate to be in usa...we are not stopping you to oppose our petition...you can if you want but dont force us not to sign petition...

By the way, i have seen too many indians who got usa citizenship and they are considering themselves as promoters or rulers of usa....but when they came to india they pretend themselves as indian....so fake people....and this is the truth that history of human being is of migrations....

i dont wnat to make any personal comment...(otherwise i will ask question like are you originally from usa? means ur ancestors are from usa???)..but i will not ask this kind of personal question....this is just proof of the truth...

It is not issue of pretending who I am, this is my home now and to make sure my home is in good condition is my responsibility as well.

Wish you philiosophical thought of no one own lands works.... unfortunately it is good to hear but does not work.

So lets put it other way, how if a pakis created a petition that they should have access to India with unlimited access would you be ok?

Timeline

there are rules and regulations but that doesn't mean they're right and cannot be amended.

yep...absolutely right.....and as time passes amendments has to be made ....

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

It is not issue of pretending who I am, this is my home now and to make sure my home is in good condition is my responsibility as well.

Wish you philiosophical thought of no one own lands works.... unfortunately it is good to hear but does not work.

So lets put it other way, how if a pakis created a petition that they should have access to India with unlimited access would you be ok?

friend...try to understand if anyone one wants to come to india on legal ways,one should not oppose that....and rules should be logical too

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

my advice for what its worth... as of now you have 761 signatures which shows there is little support for this petition and it is quite obvious that you are not going to convince the people on here to change there minds and sign it. so, would it not be better for you to spend your time discussing a petition that would be acceptable to a lot more people... i.e. like maybe a new class of visa like what i think jim suggested??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

my advice for what its worth... as of now you have 761 signatures which shows there is little support for this petition and it is quite obvious that you are not going to convince the people on here to change there minds and sign it. so, would it not be better for you to spend your time discussing a petition that would be acceptable to a lot more people... i.e. like maybe a new class of visa like what i think jim suggested??

ya...that is good idea too.....but few people are pretending themselves as usa policy makers....we are condemning them...otherwise all of us are friends ....

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

ya...that is good idea too.....but few people are pretending themselves as usa policy makers....we are condemning them...otherwise all of us are friends ....

I like the idea of some VISA to re unite families of LPR while the application is pending. That is universal acceptable request. Still it is request, no arguments discussions right. JHP and PD is Current, please think, all we need is re unite loved ones, no one is opposing but taking out the numerical limits may be a big issue. Kind of breaking immigration rules or policies. Anyways, if you guys start a new petition for kind 'V' visa that's good. Even I dont like the idea of taking out numerical limits but as I promised in the forum I requested many people to sign the petition.

Thank You,

Spouse Priority Date: 10/15/2010

Case Completed: 08/30/2011

Interview Feb 06 2013

Timeline

I like the idea of some VISA to re unite families of LPR while the application is pending. That is universal acceptable request. Still it is request, no arguments discussions right. JHP and PD is Current, please think, all we need is re unite loved ones, no one is opposing but taking out the numerical limits may be a big issue. Kind of breaking immigration rules or policies. Anyways, if you guys start a new petition for kind 'V' visa that's good. Even I dont like the idea of taking out numerical limits but as I promised in the forum I requested many people to sign the petition.

Thank You,

i also like the idea but we should first make the subject popular bcaz we have only 1 month for gathering most signs....what do you say?

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

i also like the idea but we should first make the subject popular bcaz we have only 1 month for gathering most signs....what do you say?

As I said before I will try my best now every one like the idea and we can get more signs. I will get 100 atleast from my side.

Spouse Priority Date: 10/15/2010

Case Completed: 08/30/2011

Interview Feb 06 2013

friend...try to ignore that kind of people ....i have also tried to offend them but they are here to harm lpr interest...so we should ignore them totally....

friend...dont expect anything from anti-lpr interest people...they are here to make fun of us....so better ignore them...

I agree with you, but JimVaPhuong.

Friends, fankly, contrasting opinions and supportive ideas themselves have been directing LPRs to the most optimal solution for the petition popularized and supported by the most. So, the more practical and achievable petition should in advance be considered and taken place. With much appreciates!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you're not pragmatic about how you approach this then you won't achieve what you want.

There are a number of problems with this petition. Let's go over them, point by point.

You've stated your problem - US immigration law, as it currently stands, keeps families separated for a long time. This is a fact that nobody is going to dispute.

Next, you've incorrectly identified the cause - you've stated that LPR's are waiting years for their I-130 petitions to be approved. Anybody reading this petition would get the impression that you're complaining about bureaucratic delays with USCIS. They are, in fact, waiting for their priority dates to become current. That system exists because of the statutorily mandated numerical limits. The real cause, which you didn't identify until the end, is the numerical limits.

Next, you make a blanket statement that the beneficiaries cannot enter the US to visit, implying that this is flat out disallowed, which isn't true. You also imply that it's borderline impossible for the LPR to leave the US to visit their family in their home country without losing their status, which is also not true. The truth is that it is very difficult to obtain a visa to visit the US in some countries, and that an LPR must limit the duration and frequency of their trips abroad. To imply that it's virtually impossible for LPR's to visit their families is dishonest.

Your next statement is that "Immigration law is splitting families apart!". This logical fallacy is called an "Appeal to Emotion". It's designed to evoke an emotional reaction in the reader so that they won't question the veracity of the statement. The reality is much more complex, but this statement doesn't address the fact that the separation is entirely voluntary, and that the LPR understood (or should have understood) the conditions of accepting LPR status, and what the rules were regarding the immigration of their family members.

Your final statement is a request for readers to sign the petition to remove the numerical limits for spouses and children of permanent residents. At this point, anyone who doesn't know anything about immigration law is going to be asking themselves what the heck are numerical limits, and why would removing them help keep LPR's and their families from being separated. Anyone who knows a little about immigration law is going to have a number of questions for you. First, why should numerical limits be removed for family members of LPR's and not for the three family preference visa categories for family members of US citizens? Second, how do you propose to address the original reasons that the numerical limits exist? This second reason is why I object to your proposal, and why I won't sign your petition.

The law, as it's currently written, was designed to solve a problem - the uncontrolled mass migration of foreigners into the US. The first limits on immigration were imposed as an emergency act in 1921 to stem the flow of migrants from Europe into the US. It became permanent in 1926. Some form of limits have been in place ever since. You're proposing that those limits be removed for a broad category of immigrants. How would this affect the immigration rate in the short term? How would it affect the immigration rate in the long term? How would this compare with immediate relatives of US citizens, who aren't currently subject to numerical limits? Are immigrants more likely to have foreign spouses and children than US citizens? Are the children of immigrants more like to marry foreign spouses than US citizens? Exactly how much would this accelerate immigration into the US through LPR petitioners?

In short, would the problems that caused congress to pass the emergency act in 1921 return? If so, how would you address this?

I think you should do some research and find the answers to these questions, and then write a petition that includes solutions to the potential problems that it might create. If you can present a petition that solves your problem of long term separation without opening the flood gates to uncontrolled mass migration then I'll sign it.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.