PD is Current.

Official White House Petition, need your signatureS!!

121 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Always good to see people voicing in...my own 2c..i agree that a US citizen is entitled to a better preference than a US citizen. no denying that for even any other country for that matter. however the premise that "leaving for greener pastures" equates to "being resigned to a separation between spouse/children" is plain wrong. (i'm talking specifically about F2A here)..this is a land of the truly free and given that it invented democracy it is not becoming of such a country to stand for such "discrimination" against a LPR...in fact it is enough if the US re-instated the V visa so that the family is untied while waiting in line for an immigration visa...that such a visa exists is a a tacit acknowledgement by the US regarding this particular situation.

F2A PD JAN-11-2011

Filed: Timeline

Numerical limitations are there for a reason. US can only absorb so many immigrants at a time. And even with those accepted as immigrants there is still a problem of their proper integration into the US. Many people want to immigrate to the US and then once they are here they still retain some of their negative bias toward US.

Only way to partially alleviate these problems is by numerical restrictions.

And, I never put my name on anything that has to do with petitioning the government. You don't know where can your name resurface in future...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

.this is a land of the truly free and given that it invented democracy

:rofl::rofl::rofl: democracy has its origins in ancient Greece and in Great Britain In 1295 King Edward I ('Longshanks') called the first official parliament. democracy in America did not start to flourish until after the signing of the declaration of independence which was some 500?? years later!!

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:rofl::rofl::rofl: democracy has its origins in ancient Greece and in Great Britain In 1295 King Edward I ('Longshanks') called the first official parliament. democracy in America did not start to flourish until after the signing of the declaration of independence which was some 500?? years later!!

I guess he forgot King Arthur's round table......lol

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

i stand corrected..thanks for the history lesson.. :)

F2A PD JAN-11-2011

Timeline

i stand corrected..thanks for the history lesson.. :)

your welcome :) of course i had to do a google search to find all that out cos i didnt know myself haha

I guess he forgot King Arthur's round table......lol

king arthur... never heard of him :lol:

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline
:ot2: though.... i am happy to admit that no matter where my journey leads me (even if i apply for naturalization in the US) i will ALWAYS be English and for that reason i think that the USC should have more benefits than i will have in America. i knew when i started this what i will be giving up and (in the words of the dragons den/shark tank) for that reason... im out!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You find that unfair? How bout this :

1) H1B holder's spouse automatically gets greencard when his/her spouse GC was approved. And while they wait, the spouse can stay in the U.S.

2) No line for overseas USC spouse. No waiting for them either. GC holder spouse have to wait 3-5 years for nothing.

3) K-1 is available for USC and not GC holder.

4) GC holder spouse/children are 99.999% likely not to get travel visa approved while they wait.

Just because the one decided to work here doesn't mean their families have to spend years apart because of these ridiculous laws F2A spouse has to face.

So you are saying CITIZEN's are entitled to more things? Immigration is broken in many ways, but limiting the number of immigrants that can come to America is not one of them. If you want the same rights as a citizen, become one.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

So you are saying CITIZEN's are entitled to more things? Immigration is broken in many ways, but limiting the number of immigrants that can come to America is not one of them. If you want the same rights as a citizen, become one.

duh genius why didn't i think of that before? :idea:

You are getting a good one! LOL dancin5hr.gif

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

this petition is way overdue, I'm having the same problem as we speak. I petition for mother and now she had to leave her disable daughter behind.. this suck so bad. been that my sister is over 21 it will take 5-8 years for my mom to petition for her. The very easy for someone to say: oh u didnt have to petition for mother, you know that your sister was going to be left behind... but my answer to those haters are (i have tried many time to get my mother and sister a visting visa but only to lose my money every single time' so i had no choice but petition for her. dont these poeple understand they broking up families. i would love to have my mom come and visit me and my daughter once or twice year, but now my sister have to suffer without our mom for 5-8 years. bottom line is that this law needs to change and fast.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Numerical limitations are there for a reason. US can only absorb so many immigrants at a time. And even with those accepted as immigrants there is still a problem of their proper integration into the US. Many people want to immigrate to the US and then once they are here they still retain some of their negative bias toward US.

Only way to partially alleviate these problems is by numerical restrictions.

And, I never put my name on anything that has to do with petitioning the government. You don't know where can your name resurface in future...

thanks scramJet u r such a nice guy.....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

this petition is way overdue, I'm having the same problem as we speak. I petition for mother and now she had to leave her disable daughter behind.. this suck so bad. been that my sister is over 21 it will take 5-8 years for my mom to petition for her. The very easy for someone to say: oh u didnt have to petition for mother, you know that your sister was going to be left behind... but my answer to those haters are (i have tried many time to get my mother and sister a visting visa but only to lose my money every single time' so i had no choice but petition for her. dont these poeple understand they broking up families. i would love to have my mom come and visit me and my daughter once or twice year, but now my sister have to suffer without our mom for 5-8 years. bottom line is that this law needs to change and fast.

Hey i'm in the same shoes. Mother became lpr last december 2010 {10 months ago} my brother who was/is a minor could not come...which is fibe. The provisions of the law says he couldn't come and that we understood. His case is still pending and my/his mother is living overseas on a temp. Bases while the case is pending. Perhaps your mother could do that and travel frequently. .. Just a thought of how we are addressing the issue.

We as also have a pending case submitted for my mom by her mom (F3) that we could have used to allow every one to complete the process together but having a choice.. We choose not to but refile for the IR5 visas.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

while i have every sympathy for those apart from there family it is not the american government that breaks these families up... it is the immigrant that breaks the family up when they decide to move to america

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

while i have every sympathy for those apart from there family it is not the american government that breaks these families up... it is the immigrant that breaks the family up when they decide to move to america

Would you rather them face the atrocities in their home country?

The immigrant sees this as their chance, perhaps the only chance, for a better life for themselves, their spouses, their children. We have it better than others, the UK and Ukraine are relatively safe places to live in. However, look at the countries where the other people posting here are coming from - go to Google News and enter them, one by one. Is it the immigrant's fault to want a simple safety of knowing that he or she or their child will not be gunned down just walking down the street? Or exploited by corrupt officials? Or die 20-30-40 years younger because of the lower life expectancy?

And while the U.S. prizes itself on opportunity, helping others, setting an example of charity and democracy to the rest of the world, it has these senseless quotas in place. What purpose do _they_ serve?

I-130 NOA1 (Priority Date): 2009-11-24

Timeline

Would you rather them face the atrocities in their home country?

The immigrant sees this as their chance, perhaps the only chance, for a better life for themselves, their spouses, their children. We have it better than others, the UK and Ukraine are relatively safe places to live in. However, look at the countries where the other people posting here are coming from - go to Google News and enter them, one by one. Is it the immigrant's fault to want a simple safety of knowing that he or she or their child will not be gunned down just walking down the street? Or exploited by corrupt officials? Or die 20-30-40 years younger because of the lower life expectancy?

And while the U.S. prizes itself on opportunity, helping others, setting an example of charity and democracy to the rest of the world, it has these senseless quotas in place. What purpose do _they_ serve?

i dont blame anyone for wanting a better/safer life for themselves and there families but what would you suggest... america just opens its borders to however many people want to live there??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.