KittyPollitt

Geez Louise.

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

+1000000000

I guess my husband of 9 years is going to leave me when he naturalizes next year too looooool We were married and living together for 7 years without a green card.... If he was going anywhere he would have left a long time ago.

I was having such a wonderful day out looking at all the beautiful colors of the leaves. I came home, and unfortunately, that was the first thing I read. I had to go take a shower and get all the yuck out! And put her on ignore :lol:

edit:double post

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Timeline

+1000000000

I guess my husband of 9 years is going to leave me when he naturalizes next year too looooool We were married and living together for 7 years without a green card.... If he was going anywhere he would have left a long time ago.

Listen again.. its not everyone.. This is absolutely in response to the original article and as far as hatred, its not. If you come to lets say Philly and ask lets say 100 Moroccans how many of you married an American and got your papers.... then ask them how many are still married to the woman they adjusted to, I will promise you its probably less than 20 percent. It has nothing to do with the worth of the American women. It has more to do with the pervasive idea that adjusting status with marriage or marrying for papers is not really anything to think about. Its true that if you meet the majority of Moroccan US CITIZENS 5 years down the line, the majority are not with the woman that they married and got their original status with. Its a fact of life. If it pisses you off, oh well. Its reality and if you even poll the boards, these boards, most of the marriages 6 years out are not intact. Does that mean the Americans are bad? Oh hell no. Does ICE and USCIS have good reason to believe that alot of these marriages are fraudulent or short lives? YES.. thats why there is a 12 year inquest into it and thats why that CASA is the highest fraud consulate besides CAIRO in MENA. The fact remains that 6 7 8 years out, most Moroccans who marry Americans do not remain with them in the long run. I am the mother of a moroccan and even her dad will blatantly tell you that most Moroccans want to marry younger, virgins from back home. It doesnt mean they do not love their American spouses. It means they are not in their mind considered permanent marriages. The only long term marriages I have ever seen work are where the American wives starts covering and becomes a pretty strict muslim. Society and perception become very important to most Moroccans long term. I have known only one Moroccan American marriage that made it to 20 years and they are still married to this day with 3 kids. He also is extremely laid back and is very americanised.

This has no bearing on the American spouse. This is culture and its culturally acceptible in the moroccan american community and in morocco to marry for papers and then leave her. Its called MARRIAGE BLANCHE of LAWYRIAT..Its common place, It happens and happened all over these boards and it doesnt mean anything bad about the American. Thats the biggest thing to hold close, Its not about good and bad .. its about whats culturally acceptible and 12 years of investigations should very well tell you that its very ingrained as being ok in the community...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Jeezum, we all hear this nonsense. You think those of us that married Russian/Ukrainian/Belrusian wives don't hear how they will kick off their high heels and run off from us as soon as they are....(name immigration status you prefer) :lol:

Just ignore that sh*t

As for me, every time they catch a fraud I am happy. I am sure we all wish it didn't happen.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

its about time they crack down super hard AND slow down the citizenships of alot of these guys until they can do neighborhood visits and verify with eye contact living arrangements coupled with affadavits from people who know the couple. I personally am thrilled that USCIS and ICE are doing their jobs... GOOD FOR THEM

Here. Chill out.

http://www.ukrainedate.com/?ovchn=MSN&ovcpn=English+USA+New+Ukrainian+Brides&ovcrn=ukrainian+brides&ovtac=PPC

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

let's stop making it personal - that never ends well.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

so her comment's the one you call out? come on charles, puhleeze....

it's not the only example of it in this thread - and it was not directed solely at that poster - my apologies for it appearing that way.

several posts removed to get the topic back on track.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am sure that it is not only Moroccans doing this..... Lots of different people all over the world are wanting to come to the states and are willing to do what they have to get here.... Some americans go into it knowingly and some just don't pay attention to the signs..... Some men/women are being treated badly by their american spouse..... My brother-in-laws american nonmuslim wife and her children were very nasty to him.... He wasn't allowed to speak with his family and friends for over a year when he first came and her kids to this day are very disrespectful to him....She has cleaned up her act a little, to the best of her ability as she is bipolar but that was only after he threatened to leave her... I am an AA muslim and her children were not very nice to me when I went to visit them....I am not saying the fraud doesn't happen but folks are making it sound like almost all cases out of Morocco are fraud.... Idiots, liars and cheaters come in all forms, in every race and culture..... Folks need to pay attention to the signs they are given... My husbands family doesn't ask me for anything... They are the kindest and most loving people I have ever met in my life.... They treat me better and make me feel more loved than my own family.... My husband and I are both suffering from depression (although he doesn't think so) with this distance between us... At this point neither one of even care about the stupid visa we just want to be together whether it be here or there..... But because I have a 15 year old daughter who's father is not muslim and lives to make my life more difficult he will never agree to her leaving the country especially since she took shahada this past Ramadan :0/ if we don't get it I guess I will have to petition the courts for permission to take her....

Sorry for going on and on..... Just bothers me when a group are all put into one box...

Insha'allah Allah will make this process easy for those who are honestly in love and are married or want to be married to who ever they are gong through this process with......Ameen :0)

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Good luck, Shayma.

It is a total shame what has happened here. Although it's illegal, I'd rather see a woman fully participate in being paid for a visa, than to have some poor chick believe that the guy she met online, fell in love with, red flags and all, take full advantage of her, defraud her and then find a little chippy back home.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You thought a topic about visa fraud in the mena forum wasnt controversial? Im laughing. I knew it would be entertaining as soon as I saw it. Lol.

I guess it is the big hairy gorilla in the room here in MENA. :(

Timeline

I guess it is the big hairy gorilla in the room here in MENA. :(

are we talking about my back now? :huh:

:hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.