danae

Scam

27 posts in this topic

Now I wish someone was doing it to me so I could have some fun too!! I'm so bored..... :reading:

Go to http://419eater.com/ and you will learn how to "get in touch" with scammers :)

Bartek

Could she be scamed on a money order? If not say you will only accept a money order.

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/mofeatur.htm

Bartek

Filed: Timeline

Could she be scamed on a money order? If not say you will only accept a money order.

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/mofeatur.htm

OK let's scratch money orders of the list. LOL I guess that's why I only buy on Ebay.

Is there any 100% guaranteed way of being paid that doesn't have the possiblity of phoney? Even cash could be fake.

It's a scam, there's so many version of it.

I almost got caught on EBAY. I was looking to buy this car, and i came into 3rd position in the bidding war, So the car went over my budget, the next day i received an email saying he has consider my offer, the previous 2 potential buyers before me declined.

Guess what, he asked to send the funds by westerunion, but when i look at the fowarding address it's somewhere in LONDON ENGLAND, can you imagine, so i had the info from the original seller, I contacted him to say I want to drive by and take a look at the car,

TO HIS SCHOKED, he told me he didn't get the price he was looking for the car, so he decided to sell it offline, when i told him about the guy who contacted me HE HAD NO CLUE. so i had to tell him to email everybody who bid on his car, that he's not the one requesting money and the car is off the market.

The other thing also, The guy who sent me this email from ebay but it's actually not an EBAY website, it's a spoof, so anytime you see something like www3.ebay.com, or wwww.3craigslist.com, or www.1visajourney.com, so if there's any deviation from the website most likely it's not real, it's a spoof trying to scam you.

BUYER BEWARE

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a very popular scam. They send you a money order sometimes...A U.S. postal money order...it clears at your bank....then you send them the money and 2 weeks later or so the bank says "whoa" this didnt really clear. So they take the money out of YOUR account to pay themselves back.

Another popular one is the "my father left me 15 million dollars and i will give you 3 million if you transfer my money to your bank account"

This one is more in depth...Eventually you have to "bribe" some officials to release the money...then another "bribe" is required....and it keeps on going like that until you either get wise or run out of money. Some of these scammers have even taken people to where the money is located and show them. They never let them count it or get too close to it, so its probably $100 bills wrapped around monopoly money" These scams pull in millions if not billions.

Dont do business with anyone from africa...you will only get screwed.

I almost got caught on EBAY. I was looking to buy this car, and i came into 3rd position in the bidding war, So the car went over my budget, the next day i received an email saying he has consider my offer, the previous 2 potential buyers before me declined.

Guess what, he asked to send the funds by westerunion, but when i look at the fowarding address it's somewhere in LONDON ENGLAND, can you imagine, so i had the info from the original seller, I contacted him to say I want to drive by and take a look at the car,

TO HIS SCHOKED, he told me he didn't get the price he was looking for the car, so he decided to sell it offline, when i told him about the guy who contacted me HE HAD NO CLUE. so i had to tell him to email everybody who bid on his car, that he's not the one requesting money and the car is off the market.

The other thing also, The guy who sent me this email from ebay but it's actually not an EBAY website, it's a spoof, so anytime you see something like www3.ebay.com, or wwww.3craigslist.com, or www.1visajourney.com, so if there's any deviation from the website most likely it's not real, it's a spoof trying to scam you.

BUYER BEWARE

I almost got caught on ebay too...a guy was selling this HD camera for 800 dollars. Now this camera was being sold for 4200 by everyone else on ebay, but this guy had 100s of perfect feedback. I thought...hmm this guy is selling stolen items maybe? I sold electronics on ebay before and i know the profit margin is minimal. Then as i was going to send this guy my money, i decided to look at his other auctions....all really cheap prices and only 1 day auctions... then i realized it was a hacked account

I kept checking it and saw someone had left a message saying "give my f#*$&ing money back or i will sue you" The guy lost like 1500 dollars....i tried to tell him to contact the authorities right away and maybe they can catch the guy, but he didnt repond for a few weeks. Too many scammers out there.

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 They sent I-129F back saying form is outdated

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Nov 28, 2006 NOA2 approved

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 7, 2006 NVC sends letter saying it will be forwarded to manila in a week

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! Cant kick her out now!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We use to get letters a lot at work when I worked in the oil industry. Some African prince had millions of dollars which he could not get out of the country and away from his corrupt government without the help of an outsider. He would give you a generous % for giving him your account details and depositing his millions in your account. :)

Don't know of anyone who tried it - maybe it was genuine??!!!!!!!!!! If only!

Edited by michellek1976

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now I wish someone was doing it to me so I could have some fun too!! I'm so bored..... :reading:

Go to http://419eater.com/ and you will learn how to "get in touch" with scammers :)

Bartek

Hmmm something to do! :lol::thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

she could be - she should never receive the money order as she should never give them the right mailing address. always give fake address and then give them ####### for not sending it to the right place.

:lol:

BUYER BEWARE

when you get any email with links in it, rest your cursor over the link and the true address of that link will be in the lower left of your browser window. go to samspade.org and type in that address manually if you are still unsure if it is a legit address. samspade usually gives the country that ip is in. i've gotten ebay and paypal scams that way, i always screenshot the email with the cursor over the link and then send the spam or net admin person an email.

We use to get letters a lot at work when I worked in the oil industry. Some African prince had millions of dollars which he could not get out of the country and away from his corrupt government without the help of an outsider. He would give you a generous % for giving him your account details and depositing his millions in your account. :)

Don't know of anyone who tried it - maybe it was genuine??!!!!!!!!!! If only!

those are always fun to play with. it's a scam too ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

along with these, other ones i've seen is you get an email from someone you've never heard of.

i've had a slew of these, all russian women (allegedly - an ip whois showed the last one referenced below was out of pennsylvania) who claim to have gotten my email off some dating site (which i know is false as i'm not on a dating site).

next thing you know, i get an email about once every day or two. along with a picture of this supposed person. the text of the replies is quite lengthy, and my guess is they use a program to compile the body of the email as it's quite stilted in its formation and rarely answers any questions you've asked.

the emails from this person quickly progress to the person proclaiming their love for you within a week, and then within a month they'll want you to send them money via western union so they can get their visa (it's stated that they can do that in one day) and come be with you. roflmao. like hello, everyone here knows it ain't that easy! :lol:

i string them along as long as possible because i figure if i can keep them occupied, then they won't be scamming someone who doesn't know better. :thumbs:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Bartek

Hmmm something to do! :lol::thumbs:

Join the forums at 419eater. They have surplus e-mails and letters for all to play with. :thumbs:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG