AKSinghSingh79

No pictures with parents, what to do???

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My fiance spent a year in the U.S. while he was on his J-1 visa and therefore was able to meet and form a very good relationship with my parents.

However, I have spent many hours and have made countless phone calls and emails to my relatives looking for relevant photos of my fiance with family. Nobody can find anything. :(

When he spent time with my family, we were usually having dinner or he was having a casual conversation with them. You don't always think to take out your camera during casual time at home. At this time, neither of us knew about the K-1 and therefore were not thinking of these subtle details. The only pictures I can find are of my fiance with my brother.

At least it's something. Obviously I can't do anything about it now. The chances of him meeting my parents before the interview are 0%. Will I have issues later? What can I do to start preparing now for questions and concerns that may come up later?

I could just see some CO asking a question such as "You mean to tell me your fiance spent an entire year in the U.S., spending considerable time with your family yet you are unable to produce any photos of their meetings?"

I feel so stupid, so completely stupid that I did not think of this before. :bonk:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Totally understandable. You only realize how much you need something when you don't have it. who would ever think to take pics while eating dinner or watching TV? Pictures are only secondary evidence. send what you have and don't worry too much: even one pic will do. and from now on, always carry a camera or a phone with a camera, you'll need it eventually for the AOS. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

The embassy cares about evidence of an ON-GOING RELATIONSHIP from the time of the FILING of the K-1 to the interview aka phone bills, pictures, e-mails, etc.

You are saying he came BEFORE you filed for the K-1, thus it doesn't fall under the ON-GOING RELATIONSHIP.

Now if he would have came after you filed then different story falsl under on-going relationship evidence

Today, what if your computer crashed? I use Gmail for email and chats so that if a PC dies I don't lose all my data.

I submitted no photos, just airline itineraries. That seemed to be enough. Her parents are deceased so pics would be a tad morbid. :bonk:

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words but I don't think it is a deal breaker as long as you have other evidence too.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's always Photoshop. :rolleyes:

Not only is it not a good idea but I am sure the USCIS has photoshop too and if you enlarge the photo large enough, you can see it was Photo Shopped in my opinion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it ok, you dont have to Photoshop or anything. just make a cute scrap book of your photos together so the consul will appreciate the effort. that's what i did. my fiancee doesn't have any picture with my parents also or even my brothers or my cousins. just choose decent but sweet pictures together specially the out of towns and put dates and location on the captions.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not only is it not a good idea but I am sure the USCIS has photoshop too and if you enlarge the photo large enough, you can see it was Photo Shopped in my opinion.

_______ _______

:unsure: Wow..... ok, geez..... for clarity sake --- I was joking!

Our wedding pics with music...

http://animoto.com/play/SA1SIQmniZA5gRc3pxkDEA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Today, what if your computer crashed? I use Gmail for email and chats so that if a PC dies I don't lose all my data.

I submitted no photos, just airline itineraries. That seemed to be enough. Her parents are deceased so pics would be a tad morbid. :bonk:

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words but I don't think it is a deal breaker as long as you have other evidence too.

The New Delhi consulate tends to make up rules as they go. Family approval (and evidence of that approval) is very important when going through any of the Indian consulates.

You're right about the other evidence. I have the affidavits from some of my family members which hopefully will cover the lack of pictures.

it ok, you dont have to Photoshop or anything. just make a cute scrap book of your photos together so the consul will appreciate the effort. that's what i did. my fiancee doesn't have any picture with my parents also or even my brothers or my cousins. just choose decent but sweet pictures together specially the out of towns and put dates and location on the captions.

I am an avid scrapbooker and I'm glad I found someone else who did this! Great idea! :thumbs:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The New Delhi consulate tends to make up rules as they go. Family approval (and evidence of that approval) is very important when going through any of the Indian consulates.

You're right about the other evidence. I have the affidavits from some of my family members which hopefully will cover the lack of pictures.

I am an avid scrapbooker and I'm glad I found someone else who did this! Great idea! :thumbs:

I agree with you about evidence of family approval. However, my thought is that this applies more to the Indian family's approval due to the cultural preference for arrainged marriages. Do you hav pics of you with his family? If you don't, how about including a marriage consent form signed by his parents simply stating that they approve of the marriage?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.