ST&EE031906xo

K-1 visa denied

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am new to VJ.

We really need help. My fiance who is petitioning me just received a denial notice on September 15, 2011 saying that we lack evidence and that we can appeal. They did send him RFE notice and has sent more evidence on July and have received it for review but didn't state we are having a baby. We Sent the I-129f package with evidence of relationship on March 2011 and on April we found out that we are having a baby and will be due on December 10, 2011. I was there while we were getting the I-129f form ready and we didn't put on the form that we are going to have a baby because we have already sent the form. Sorry if I am not making any sense here. My questions are:

• Should we appeal or refile for a K-1 fiance visa?
  • If we do refile do we need to state that we got denied the first time?
  • What is the best choice refile or appeal, which will take longer?
  • Can I refile after receiving denial notice?

If anyone can help me with this question I much appreciate it.

Sorry for so many questions.

We just really need help with baby coming on the way. We just want to be together and get our family going for the sake of the baby.

Thanks everyone,

She

Sorry, but having a child will have no effect on your visa - approval or denial.

Did they state why you were denied in the letter?

I think you will have to try to appeal; I don't believe you will be able to re-file... but I am NOT positive about this.

Hello everyone,

I am new to VJ.

We really need help. My fiance who is petitioning me just received a denial notice on September 15, 2011 saying that we lack evidence and that we can appeal. They did send him RFE notice and has sent more evidence on July and have received it for review but didn't state we are having a baby. We Sent the I-129f package with evidence of relationship on March 2011 and on April we found out that we are having a baby and will be due on December 10, 2011. I was there while we were getting the I-129f form ready and we didn't put on the form that we are going to have a baby because we have already sent the form. Sorry if I am not making any sense here. My questions are:

We just really need help with baby coming on the way. We just want to be together and get our family going for the sake of the baby.

Thanks everyone,

She

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am new to VJ.

Thanks everyone,

She

he did not prepare the petition correctly the first time and got an RFE. He did not respond with what they want and he was denied. No surprise.

Here are your options

1. File a motion to re-open/appeal I-290 which will cost $585 along with the reasons and evidence to re-open/appeal.

Good news...if it works, you will save time Bad news...they do not have to accept the appeal and very likely will not, especially if the evidence he submits was available for the RFE and he simply did not include it. Wasted time and $585

2. File a NEW petition for $340 and submit all your evidence this time. Good news...cheaper and guaranteed to get considered. Bad news...you are starting over and it will take just as long as before.

Pay your fee and take your choice.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Unless the stated reasopn for denial is "You have no baby" then the baby will not help. If you are trying to use the baby as some evidence of meeting in person (if that is the reason) then it MAY help.

A baby, per se, is of no consequence for a fiancee visa. It is not one of the requirements to have a petition approved.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Very sorry to hear about your denial. Too bad you didn't hear about VisaJourney before you started the process. Anyway, you're here now.

I cannot answer whether it is better to refile or appeal, but I can tell you what we used for evidence, which was accepted without RFE.

We included:

--Itineraries of flights and copies of boarding passes

--Pictures of me and my fiancee, along with pics of me and her family

--Our respective Facebook wall posts announcing our engagement

--Receipt and picture of the engagement ring

--Receipts of payments we made to each other via Pay Pal

--Emails discussing our plans for trips (I refused to include overly personal correspondence)

--Letter by my fiancee's brother documenting how he knew me, how my fiancee and I met, and that he knew how long were in a relationship

--My fiancee included one of her journal entries with a sketch of me that she drew (I didn't like it because it was too personal, but my fiancee insisted)

--My fiancee also included stubs from events we had attended (I don't think these were particularly strong pieces of evidence because our names were not on these stubs, but my fiancee sent these anyway)

--Our respective statements of intent to marry

It seems to me that the harder the evidence (e.g., receipts, flight itineraries, pics, letter from fiancee's brother), the better.

Good luck!

Walter

Hello everyone,

I am new to VJ.

Thanks everyone,

She

K1

Engaged: 02-Sep-2010 (Edmonton International Airport, Alberta, Canada)
I-129F Sent: 21-Dec-2010
I-129F NOA1: 29-Dec-2010
I-129F NOA2/Approved: 26-May-2011
Consulate Received: 09-Jun-2011
Packet 3 Received: 29-Jun-2011 (Delayed by Canada Post dispute)
Packet 3 Sent: 21-Jul-2011
Packet 4 Received: 27-Jul-2011
Interview Registration: 12-Aug-2011
Medical Exam: 14-Sep-2011 (Vancouver, BC)
Interview Date: 16-Sep-2011 (Vancouver, BC; Approved!! Happy times!!)
K1 Visa Received: 23-Sep-2011
UHaul Trailer Rental: 02-Oct-2011
US Entry: 07-Oct-2011 (Pembina POE; Manitoba/North Dakota crossing)
Final Destination: 09-Oct-2011 (St. Albert, AB to Tulsa, OK - 2995 km)
Legal Marriage: 10-Nov-2011
I-797 NOA: 13-Jan-2012
Wedding Ceremony: 14-Jan-2012
Medical Exam (Again...didn't I get one in Vancouver?): Feb-2012 (Tulsa, OK)
Notified of Green Card (Permanent Resident) Approval: 09-0ct-2012

Green Card (Backdated) Expiry: 28-Sep-2014
I-751 (Remove Conditions on Residence) Sent: 29-Sep-2014
I-751 Received: 30-Sep-2014

• 1 month later...

We appeal and now our petition is approved. Thank god! It only took less then a month. We sent it on second week of October and got approved November 1. We sent the necssary documents and also stated we are going to have a baby. Thank god they approved what we sent with our appeal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We appeal and now our petition is approved. Thank god! It only took less then a month. We sent it on second week of October and got approved November 1. We sent the necssary documents and also stated we are going to have a baby. Thank god they approved what we sent with our appeal.

Congratulations.... :) :) :) that is a great news.... good luck and god bless you and your baby and ofcourse your fiance

Thanks guys!

Yes it is a good news hcdt.

DaleFlorida, yes I will tell my fiancée to look at all documents and notice so there won't be anymore mistakes or denial again. As we are going to have a family.

Thankfully things went well.

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Thats great news.... !! would hat to had seen you guys go thru the entire process again

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.