Derbo/Yamkins

Visa is taking too long

25 posts in this topic

Hi. I had my interview last September 2, 2011 and was approved for a visa. I've been checking both 2GO e-trace (MNL case number still invalid) and Manila Embassy's email since then to no avail.

The embassy emailed me September 12, 2011 stating that my visa has been issued and will take 5-10 business days. I just checked earlier today (September 14) with 2GO (branch and online) but it still isn't with them.

My flight is on the 22nd. Why is it taking them so long? I live an hour or two outside of Manila.

It's a bit frustrating since I can't schedule CFO seminar (I want to do it one time with the visa on hand since I live outside of Manila) and it seems too close to our planned flight. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

the embassy emailed you on the 12th saying your visa will be with you in 5-10 business days but yet 2 days later you think it is taking too long??? you still have another 3-8 days before your 5-10 day period is up

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

the embassy emailed you on the 12th saying your visa will be with you in 5-10 business days but yet 2 days later you think it is taking too long??? you still have another 3-8 days before your 5-10 day period is up

Because they emailed me 10 days after my interview only to say to wait another 10 days maximum.

Most of the other users we read here receive theirs after 2-3 days after being approved. I'm not even located somewhere in the boondocks.

That is why people here on VJ will advise that you do not purchase plane tickets or make solid plans before you have your Visa in hand. Sometimes it takes a long time to receive it back.

If they emailed you two days ago telling you wait 5-10 days, wait the 5-10 days. There's not much you can do at this point.

That is why people here on VJ will advise that you do not purchase plane tickets or make solid plans before you have your Visa in hand.

(Deren here)

We took that advice, in fact we still have no ticket purchased at all... Obviously we are just getting very frustrated with the attitude of "wait longer." If the embassy knows it won't be ten days from the interview, they should just tell us to wait a month.

I feel like we are horses being lured by a carrot on a stick. Just feeling frustrated and very trapped. Trying to vent here and looking for similar experiences.

Thanks for your input(s).

Sorry, when you said "My flight is on the 22nd" it seemed like a firm thing that you had already purchased a ticket for. My mistake!

It's not easy, but you've waited this long, you can wait a few more days. Just know that at the end of it, the being apart is over. You can make it. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

If the embassy knows it won't be ten days from the interview, they should just tell us to wait a month.

yes the embassy could of been a lot more specific with the time it will take for you to receive your visa especially when some embassies issue the visa the same day and other embassies tell you it will be a certain number of days from the approval date... but like everything else to do with the visa process they like to keep you guessing lol

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wait.

Do not buy plane tickets or make other plans until the visa is in your hand.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Hi. I had my interview last September 2, 2011 and was approved for a visa. I've been checking both 2GO e-trace (MNL case number still invalid) and Manila Embassy's email since then to no avail.

The embassy emailed me September 12, 2011 stating that my visa has been issued and will take 5-10 business days. I just checked earlier today (September 14) with 2GO (branch and online) but it still isn't with them.

My flight is on the 22nd. Why is it taking them so long? I live an hour or two outside of Manila.

It's a bit frustrating since I can't schedule CFO seminar (I want to do it one time with the visa on hand since I live outside of Manila) and it seems too close to our planned flight. :(

For what it's worth, we haven't been able to track our visa online. But she called 2go and they were able to let her know where her visa is. They weren't able to find it by the MNL number but they found it for her using her name. You might want to give that a try.

Hope that helps.

For what it's worth, we haven't been able to track our visa online. But she called 2go and they were able to let her know where her visa is. They weren't able to find it by the MNL number but they found it for her using her name. You might want to give that a try.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, neither can we. 2GO tried searching for my name in their database earlier, still not in the system. Although, there were other visas that just came in then. Still not there. :wacko:

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,

i have some correction for you.,the tracking number that they gave you from usembassy isnt the right one to track your visa,u can try tracking it million times and doesnt show up the result,ive done those things,until i decided to call 2go ASK them about your visa tracking number,they knows,just tell them your info name,last name and where you live and what kind of visa r waiting (like k-1 k-3)just an example.

about the CFO u dont have to schedule for siminar that is crazy they dont accept schudule,just walk in,be aware of the time coz thier office close at 4pm and there is limited day for siminar for those who are coming to us,i will suggest you to come at cubao branch its very easy it will take only couple of hours,then it will be okay,

from what ive remember you need nbi,your visa,your passport ofcourse,and some stuff they will check your stuff like love letters and all those things,

when you enter the building u have to pay around 650 pesos,they will take a picture of you,then u have to fill up some forms,u must remember your fiance or hubby phone number his adddress,and his moms maiden name,(i was had a hard time thinking about my case cos i dont know his mom maiden name lol)anyways give a call to thier office,before you visit them.

HERE IS SOME EXAMPLE OF THE FORMS THAT YOU NEED TO FILL OUT WHEN U GO THERE,

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/CompanySponsored.pdf

HERES THIER PHONE NUMBER

(63-2) 563-1965 and (63-2) 561-8321 local 103,

HERES THIER WEBSITE SO U CAN VISIT

www.cfo.gov.ph

hope it will help

Well... I guess we can't have anything else to complain about now. Speak of the devil, Her visa arrived this morning. Ha! What a worthless tracking system 2go has :bonk:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Well... I guess we can't have anything else to complain about now. Speak of the devil, Her visa arrived this morning. Ha! What a worthless tracking system 2go has :bonk:

Congtratulations on the visa arrival

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.