ericbrian

Pregnant Wife under F2A

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Good day!!

My wife is 3 mos. Pregnant from now, her priority date will be on Jan 2010, there is a great chance she will give birth in Philippines, my concern is that when her visa becomes available and she already given birth to our child, how can i bring my child together with his/her mother?

Your replies will much be appreciated!! Thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

after the baby is born you will need to do some fast work to get them on the petition.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

No need to worry, she will be fine and she can take the baby with her once the visa become available, we are on the same boat. My PD is May 2009, I gave birth last Dec 14, 2010. Our case has been completed and Forwarded to Manila US Embassy, unfortunately retrogression came so I need to wait. I contacted US Embassy in Manila and told them I gave birth then they asked me to send copy of my son's birth certificate for him to be included as my derivative beneficiary, now he is registered as derivative beneficiary under my F2A petition.

When your wife gave birth and her case is still in NVC just contact NVC and they will tell you what to do. Once the case is already in Manila Embassy just email IVManilaReplies@state.gov and they will ask you to send copy of the baby's birth cert.

Congrats!!!!

GOD BLESS!

Timeline

No need to worry, she will be fine and she can take the baby with her once the visa become available, we are on the same boat. My PD is May 2009, I gave birth last Dec 14, 2010. Our case has been completed and Forwarded to Manila US Embassy, unfortunately retrogression came so I need to wait. I contacted US Embassy in Manila and told them I gave birth then they asked me to send copy of my son's birth certificate for him to be included as my derivative beneficiary, now he is registered as derivative beneficiary under my F2A petition.

When your wife gave birth and her case is still in NVC just contact NVC and they will tell you what to do. Once the case is already in Manila Embassy just email IVManilaReplies@state.gov and they will ask you to send copy of the baby's birth cert.

Congrats!!!!

GOD BLESS!

Thank you so much, the information you told me is of really much help to me, And also i have another question your child is still one year of age, was it required for the child to apply for a PHL passport? Or the embassy just require the Birth Certificate?

God bless you too! Mabuhay! :)

Thank you so much, the information you told me is of really much help to me, And also i have another question your child is still one year of age, was it required for the child to apply for a PHL passport? Or the embassy just require the Birth Certificate?

With all due respect, why wouldn't a child have its own passport regardless of its age? If they're leaving one country to immigrate into another, I'd expect for the passport to be a requirement. Where do you think they'll place immigrant visa on - child's forehead? :whistle:

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pre, i just want to ask, F2A and she's married and having a baby? If im not mistaken F2A is for unmarried child under 21. Please correct me if im wrong on this case.

Google is your friend.

What is F2A visa?

"The F2A visa is an immigrant visa issued to the spouse and minor children of LPRs."

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

Pre, i just want to ask, F2A and she's married and having a baby? If im not mistaken F2A is for unmarried child under 21. Please correct me if im wrong on this case.

F2a family preference category - LPR petitioning a spouse or unmarried child under age 21.

Check out the US Embassy's website.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3201.html

Q: Can the children of an immigrant visa applicant be included in a single petition?

Children of American citizens are considered Immediate Relatives (IR) and must have individual petitions filed for them. Petitions for immediate relatives may be filed simultaneously at the USCIS.

Children of applicants with family-based petitions (F category) may derive immigration benefits from the same petition provided that they are single and under 21. Such children are called “derivatives” for purposes of immigration. Only biological or legally-adopted children are entitled to derivative status. A non-orphan adopted child must have been legally adopted before the age of 16 and must have been in the physical and legal custody of the adoptive parent for at least two years.

A child born after a petition was filed and approved may be registered or added on to the petition as a derivative. The principal applicant needs to submit the child’s birth certificate printed on NSO paper either to the NVC or to the Embassy and pay the corresponding visa processing fee for each additional derivative.

Timeline

Anu Pre F2A spouses bd unmarried child under 21.

@JoJo9212

Thank you for the information so much!! :)

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks for the information it really a good news for me to , my wife is pregnant on her 2nd month with priority date June,13,2011 :s

Married : 04/17/2011

PD : 06/13/2011

NOA1 : 06/15/2011

NOA1 Hard Copy : 06/22/2011

RFE : 04/05/2013

NOA 2: 04/23/2013

D&N FOREVER

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

here is what I received from US embassy in Ankara about pregnant wife becuz I'm in the same situation,

Dear Sir:

Your wife’s case has not been scheduled for an interview date by NVC. If the child is born before you receive the date of the interview please inform the NVC about the child to be added to the case. If born after the scheduling please contact us to add the child to the file of your wife.

Before you send an inquiry to the Immigrant Visa Unit, please consult the updated Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of our site.

http://turkey.usembassy.gov/faqs_iv.html

Timeline

here is what I received from US embassy in Ankara about pregnant wife becuz I'm in the same situation,

Dear Sir:

Your wife’s case has not been scheduled for an interview date by NVC. If the child is born before you receive the date of the interview please inform the NVC about the child to be added to the case. If born after the scheduling please contact us to add the child to the file of your wife.

Before you send an inquiry to the Immigrant Visa Unit, please consult the updated Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of our site.

http://turkey.usembassy.gov/faqs_iv.html

Good source of information thank you! Appreciate it alot! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.