mmb

Evidence of meeting

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm visiting my other half right now and we have been putting our I-129F package together. This is my 5th visit over the last 2 years.

I have copied the boarding cards I still had from previous flights as well as ticket reciepts where I still have them. I added those little slips you get from the the Dept of Homeland Security when you leave the country to show more evidence of me actually being in the country and leaving. I only have one hotel reciept which only has my name, not his, I have a couple of bank statements showing withdrawals made when visiting him and some tickets from a couple of shows we went to.

All but one visit is backed up with pictures, I've printed these onto photo card with a textbox beside each one saying who is in the picture, where and when it was taken. We don't have original prints of any of these pictures as we share all our pictures using a computer and some have been printed for the first time. None of the pictures have been date stamped, I turned off that function in my camera ages ago and forgot how to turn it back on.

Will this be enough do you think?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes that's enough,don't forget to include few print outs of your online conversation, emails, letters and or phone bills. hope this help a little...good luck!

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Yes that's enough,don't forget to include few print outs of your online conversation, emails, letters and or phone bills. hope this help a little...good luck!

Perhaps I got it wrong, I thought the phone bills, emails etc were needed to prove an ongoing relationship rather than having met.

I can find some of these here although my other halfs filing system is basically throw it all in a heap. Lucky I can still operate on UK time even though I am in the USA, I think I am in for a long night.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

You sound pretty well covered. Perhaps add immigration entry stamps in your passport just to be sure. We received an RFE for this requirement this week. I didn't have boarding passes so I showed passport stamps instead.

Good luck :)

I'm visiting my other half right now and we have been putting our I-129F package together. This is my 5th visit over the last 2 years.

I have copied the boarding cards I still had from previous flights as well as ticket reciepts where I still have them. I added those little slips you get from the the Dept of Homeland Security when you leave the country to show more evidence of me actually being in the country and leaving. I only have one hotel reciept which only has my name, not his, I have a couple of bank statements showing withdrawals made when visiting him and some tickets from a couple of shows we went to.

All but one visit is backed up with pictures, I've printed these onto photo card with a textbox beside each one saying who is in the picture, where and when it was taken. We don't have original prints of any of these pictures as we share all our pictures using a computer and some have been printed for the first time. None of the pictures have been date stamped, I turned off that function in my camera ages ago and forgot how to turn it back on.

Will this be enough do you think?

I would include phone bills and emails also..

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Dont bother sending this kind of stuff to the USCIS Center. At this point in time you are only required to show that you have met face-to-face. This kind of evidence will do nothing to demonstrate that. If fact, it shows quite the opposite. Save it for the interview.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

If you are still together I would take the time to take a couple time stamped photos in front of some street signs. I took pictures in front of the boundary sign for my fiancee's hometown. This way I had pictures in front of signs, with the date imprinted, in front of a sign that is included in her home address.

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Timeline

Dont bother sending this kind of stuff to the USCIS Center. At this point in time you are only required to show that you have met face-to-face. This kind of evidence will do nothing to demonstrate that. If fact, it shows quite the opposite. Save it for the interview.

:unsure: I include the aforementioned documents and I didn't have any problem about it. But right it was just me and my crazy lawyer so yeah ...I dont think its going to give cimplications anyway (if you're going to send those or not that is).

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

AOS

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

:unsure: I include the aforementioned documents and I didn't have any problem about it. But right it was just me and my crazy lawyer so yeah ...I dont think its going to give cimplications anyway (if you're going to send those or not that is).

Well you can send it, but it will do nothing to prove that you have met face-to-face. I sent zero of that kind of stuff and had no problem what so ever. Your choice.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline

Yeh I think it's your choice really. We only recieve 2nd RFE because the lawyer didnt include or asked us to have copies for the proof of meeting. So what you got is enough as proff of meeting. Good luck

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

AOS

Timeline

It's suggested to only send in the necessary proof that you've met within the two year period. Proof of relationship and ongoing relationship are for the visa interview. You don't even want to have some long drawn out love story of how you fell in love. Keep it to the facts of how you met within the two year period. Have a quick explanation (sentence) of how you first met and then one sentence of the engagement date. Of course you can send in whatever you would like. However, please use discression as you don't want information contained in you private conversations to be taken the wrong way. All that extra stuff is overkill and could hurt more than help if your not careful. You should only give them what they need as the rest does not help to prove that you've met. You don't want avoidable questions or flags coming up later in the interview. Just prove that you've met in person, that's all they ask.

I am not a lawyer.

Edited by AndyMisiu

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

10/05/06- NVC received

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Just a note to add my agreement that you should keep the phone bills, emails and chats for the interview process. USCIS is looking for specific things in order to approve your file or not. If you start adding unnecessary items then to me, it would seem to do two things. 1. aggravate the officer to have to wade through your stuff and 2. throw up a red flag making the person think you don't have enough primary evidence.

And primary evidence is somethign you definately do have! If you are worried about your evidence only placing you and not your fiancee (garnered this from your question about the hotel receipt) then do as another member suggested and take a picture in front of a landmark of some sort and/or get something of hers to show that she lives in the area (credit card receipt, utility bill etc.).

Regardless, in my humble opinion, you are in good shape.

Good luck!

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Perhaps I got it wrong, I thought the phone bills, emails etc were needed to prove an ongoing relationship rather than having met.

I can find some of these here although my other halfs filing system is basically throw it all in a heap. Lucky I can still operate on UK time even though I am in the USA, I think I am in for a long night.

You do not need to offer evidence of an ongoing relationship at the USCIS level. Petitioners may want to include this type of evidence if it is particularly helpful in adressing an special issues in their case that might arise later at the Consulate or if the evidence of an on-going relationship helps explain the proof of meeting evidence in some way. It is important to paint a complete picture for the ajudicator especially if going through a high fraud consulate.

USCIS is not going to approve or disprove your petition based on evidence that you have an on-going relationship. Each case is unique and the evidence should be complete enough to reflect your meeting- for some it may mean having more evidence than others.

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Just to add to what I wrote before. You want to state when, and where you met within the two years. How you traveled, where you stayed, and for how long. This is what to include in the letter of explanation on meetng within the two year period. I added a statement (one sentence) on how we first met, and a sentence stating when I proposed. Sometimes I think they RFE for more information, it's been guessed that they were looking for a statement of those two things. The body of the letter should contain the when, where, and how you met within the two year period. You evidence is to back up the statement.

10/05/06- NVC received

10/17/07- Received NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.