Persepolis

K-1 Visa time 2-3 years?!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello, I am new to the forum,

I am 21 years old male college student and a US citizen have lived here since 5 years old, I have done an extensive amount of research in filing for a K-1 visa and have spent a great deal filling out the paperwork for my fiance who lives in Iran.

I checked the Texas Service Center and there processing time is listed at 5 months, However my parents have told me that many of their friends and friends of friends who have gone the K-1 visa approach or even the the K-3 visa approach have taken 2-3 years to bring their spouses here.

This has me worried because in April I will graduate with 2 bachelor degrees and head to grad school and I will not have the time and resources to make so many trips to Iran to see my fiance.

All the instances my parents and family members mentioned involved fairly wealthy individuals who had all hired lawyers to bring their spouses over, yes it was with a K-3 visa (where as I am filing with K-1), but it took them 2-3 years for their spouses to arrive.

My question is this a common time frame for Iranian cases or middle eastern cases in general?

Thanks for any help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

the duration is just as stated btw 5-9 months in some consulates.

Perhaps ur parents aint updated about this.all things bn equal ur petition shld approved within 5mths provided u submit adequate n recommended evidences,the consulate process duration ranges from 1-4 mths

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's definitely more than 5 months- 6-9 months is more realistic. That is from filing of initial petition by you to interview. M<any males from your area get AP (Administrative Processing- extra security checks) after the interview, which can add months or-rarely- even years to the process. So yes, what your parents say is possible but it seems their info is outdated, as K3 isn;t available anymore in most cases. Basically, hope for 6 months, be prepared for 12, but don't make plans as it may be more.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

It's definitely more than 5 months- 6-9 months is more realistic. That is from filing of initial petition by you to interview. M<any males from your area get AP (Administrative Processing- extra security checks) after the interview, which can add months or-rarely- even years to the process. So yes, what your parents say is possible but it seems their info is outdated, as K3 isn;t available anymore in most cases. Basically, hope for 6 months, be prepared for 12, but don't make plans as it may be more.

Why is the K3 not available anymore? It is still listed on the USCIS website.

All the cases I mentioned involved men bringing over female spouses, which is why I am perplexed as to why almost all of them took 2 years or more of waiting till their spouses were granted visas. These are people who are doctors, lawyers, etc. so I am worried if it took them that long, that I won't even get approved because I am a college student in my final year.

I just don't understand why in my case (K-1 visa) would take only 6-9 months, I feel like Iranian cases due to current political climate would be highly scrutinized.

Timeline

Persepolis:

Welcome to the forum. :) Let me shed some light on your situation, since I basically walked in your shoes. (Natural-born USC, Iranian heritage, married a wonderful girl from Iran and went through hell and back to get her stateside.)

5 months is highly unlikely. But so is 2-3 years. The first thing you should know (and as an Iranian you may already know this) is that our people are totally full of sh*t. We're habitual liars, and we're pretty godawful at paperwork. (Sad considering our tremendous heritage, right?) I let a lot of people freak me and my parents out with the 2-3 year timeline thing, and I could have saved a hell of a lot of heartache if I'd just ignored them. The people here know much, much more than the people your parents have likely spoken with. (And I mean no offense by this; misinformation is everywhere.)

I brought my wife here in exactly 8 months. I filed my petition in June 2009; she was in America in February 2010. When I filed, this was a fairly typical timeline, and I even had an RFE because I forgot to send some paperwork during one step. If you follow the instructions on the forum, have your papers filled out and ready to go, you're likely to have your spouse here within a year of filing. There are going to be some hitches along the way. Just prepare for them: it sucks, I'm sorry, but the political climate means that every visa being issued to Iranians is more heavily scrutinized than other countries. This will be most evident at the consulate: whether you interview in Ankara or Abu Dhabi, go in expecting to be put on AP. This is the norm. Don't panic, just give them all of the necessary paperwork, be friendly, and check the website. Most APs take a month; we were approved exactly one month after our consulate interview; I was on a plane back to Dubai within days of our approval.

Ok, now that I've set your expectations, here's some advice on visa choice:

Avoid the K-3 visa. It was originally established to bring spouses over more quickly than CR-1/IR-1 because the backlog used to be massive. This is no longer the case. The K-3 is not any faster than the CR-1 visa anymore, and is a much worse visa, all things considered. There are really only two options to take, and then, only one if you're sure you want to get married.

If you want some time to evaluate life with your future spouse, get a K-1. It acts as a trial period, and it's very valuable if you're unsure.

If you're certain you want to marry her, get the CR-1 visa. This will give her a greencard within two weeks of her entering the country, which lets her travel back to Iran easily and allows her to work and/or study--it's basically the quickest way to let her start her life in the US.

In either case (but especially the CR-1 because you'll have more paperwork to file) you need to go to Iran, become formally engaged or married (throw a nom-zad or aghd and *take tons of pictures), get all of the official documentation (and I mean all of it: shenas-name, the marraige certificate, both of your Iranian passports, etc) translated and notarized by someone authorized by the Islamic Republic, fill out ALL of the paperwork together (get her signature, get untranslated copies of her parents' passports and shenas-name), get plenty of passport photos of both of you, then come back to America, make three copies of everything, and send your I-129F or I-130 in ASAP. The USCIS branch of the process takes the longest, and it's the most black-box-esque. You send that petition, and then you wait for 3-5 months. I waited three, and I was damn lucky. Go in expecting five; that's the average.

I can't stress enough that the most important thing to remember in this situation is that it takes time. Not as much as a lot of people will insist it does, but it does take time, and hoping that your case will be special, or that you'll beat the odds, is a surefire way to make your life miserable. Plan for the averages. Your application is no less likely to be approved than a doctor's or a lawyer's: if anything, your youth and your sex is a blessing: your marriage will appear more authentic to the examiners than a 40 year old Iranian doctor bringing over a 20 year old bride. (Whether or not that's justified is another thing entirely, but hey, take what you can get. ;) )

I hope this post helped. I wish you the best!

Edited by spectheintro

Timeline

Persepolis:

Welcome to the forum. :) Let me shed some light on your situation, since I basically walked in your shoes. (Natural-born USC, Iranian heritage, married a wonderful girl from Iran and went through hell and back to get her stateside.)

5 months is highly unlikely. But so is 2-3 years. The first thing you should know (and as an Iranian you may already know this) is that our people are totally full of sh*t. We're habitual liars, and we're pretty godawful at paperwork. (Sad considering our tremendous heritage, right?) I let a lot of people freak me and my parents out with the 2-3 year timeline thing, and I could have saved a hell of a lot of heartache if I'd just ignored them. The people here know much, much more than the people your parents have likely spoken with. (And I mean no offense by this; misinformation is everywhere.)

I brought my wife here in exactly 8 months. I filed my petition in June 2009; she was in America in February 2010. When I filed, this was a fairly typical timeline, and I even had an RFE because I forgot to send some paperwork during one step. If you follow the instructions on the forum, have your papers filled out and ready to go, you're likely to have your spouse here within a year of filing. There are going to be some hitches along the way. Just prepare for them: it sucks, I'm sorry, but the political climate means that every visa being issued to Iranians is more heavily scrutinized than other countries. This will be most evident at the consulate: whether you interview in Ankara or Abu Dhabi, go in expecting to be put on AP. This is the norm. Don't panic, just give them all of the necessary paperwork, be friendly, and check the website. Most APs take a month; we were approved exactly one month after our consulate interview; I was on a plane back to Dubai within days of our approval.

Ok, now that I've set your expectations, here's some advice on visa choice:

Avoid the K-3 visa. It was originally established to bring spouses over more quickly than CR-1/IR-1 because the backlog used to be massive. This is no longer the case. The K-3 is not any faster than the CR-1 visa anymore, and is a much worse visa, all things considered. There are really only two options to take, and then, only one if you're sure you want to get married.

If you want some time to evaluate life with your future spouse, get a K-1. It acts as a trial period, and it's very valuable if you're unsure.

If you're certain you want to marry her, get the CR-1 visa. This will give her a greencard within two weeks of her entering the country, which lets her travel back to Iran easily and allows her to work and/or study--it's basically the quickest way to let her start her life in the US.

In either case (but especially the CR-1 because you'll have more paperwork to file) you need to go to Iran, become formally engaged or married (throw a nom-zad or aghd and *take tons of pictures), get all of the official documentation (and I mean all of it: shenas-name, the marraige certificate, both of your Iranian passports, etc) translated and notarized by someone authorized by the Islamic Republic, fill out ALL of the paperwork together (get her signature, get untranslated copies of her parents' passports and shenas-name), get plenty of passport photos of both of you, then come back to America, make three copies of everything, and send your I-129F or I-130 in ASAP. The USCIS branch of the process takes the longest, and it's the most black-box-esque. You send that petition, and then you wait for 3-5 months. I waited three, and I was damn lucky. Go in expecting five; that's the average.

I can't stress enough that the most important thing to remember in this situation is that it takes time. Not as much as a lot of people will insist it does, but it does take time, and hoping that your case will be special, or that you'll beat the odds, is a surefire way to make your life miserable. Plan for the averages. Your application is no less likely to be approved than a doctor's or a lawyer's: if anything, your youth and your sex is a blessing: your marriage will appear more authentic to the examiners than a 40 year old Iranian doctor bringing over a 20 year old bride. (Whether or not that's justified is another thing entirely, but hey, take what you can get. ;) )

I hope this post helped. I wish you the best!

Thank you for all the information! I am hoping that you can help me out some more.

I am filing the K-1 visa, I am under Iranian law required for soldier service and I can only return once a year so I do not have the resources nor the time to file a CR-1. Furthermore, my plan was all along to file a K-1 visa.

I have some questions,

1) I am a college student and will finish at the end of this year (April) with 2 bachelor degrees. I currently have no income, but I can come up with a co-signer for the affidavit of support when the case reaches the consulate.

On my G-325A, I have had a few jobs, but currently am unemployed should I put that my occupation is student?

I am afraid I will get denied because they see unemployed and not take into account that a co-signer will be available when the case reaches consulate. I more than likely will have a job offer 2-3 months prior to graduation, but as of right now I have no job. I will be studying for GMAT and applying for Grad school for my MBA this year.

2) As you know we cannot send DHL, UPS, or Fedex to Iran. And I need her to sign the letter of intent and G-325A, can I fax these to her and have her send them back to with DHL with her passport photos? (DHL will ship out of Iran to US, but not vice versa stupid if you ask me)

3) I have extensively researched filing the K-1 so hopefully my paperwork will be solid and I will not run into problems, if I do my K-1 right do you think I will get approved at least to the consulate level? Or will my age and current occupation disqualify me?

Thanks!

Edited by Persepolis

Timeline

Thank you for all the information! I am hoping that you can help me out some more.

I am filing the K-1 visa, I am under Iranian law required for soldier service and I can only return once a year so I do not have the resources nor the time to file a CR-1. Furthermore, my plan was all along to file a K-1 visa.

Have you already been to Iran for the engagement? If not, strongly consider having an aghd done by a local mullah before you leave: it will save you a great deal of money down the road if she just enters with a CR-1. You can always return once she's got the CR-1 for the aroosee. Just my two cents.

I have some questions,

1) I am a college student and will finish at the end of this year (April) with 2 bachelor degrees. I currently have no income, but I can come up with a co-signer for the affidavit of support when the case reaches the consulate.

On my G-325A, I have had a few jobs, but currently am unemployed should I put that my occupation is student? I am afraid I will get denied because they see unemployed and not take into account that a co-signer will be available when the case reaches consulate. I more than likely will have a job offer 2-3 months prior to graduation, but as of right now I have no job. I will be studying for GMAT and applying for Grad school for my MBA this year.

Yes, put student, unless you are employed by the time you submit the paperwork. I was a student when I filed--was in the middle of my MBA program, actually. The I-130 is rarely where they deny you, from my experience: if your paperwork is in order they will approve you. Circumstantial consideration comes later: right now they just want to establish that you have the right to petition for a fiancee/spouse.

2) As you know we cannot send DHL, UPS, or Fedex to Iran. And I need her to sign the letter of intent and G-325A, can I fax these to her and have her send them back to with DHL with her passport photos? (DHL will ship out of Iran to US, but not vice versa stupid if you ask me)

You can fax, but just make sure the form she prints out is legible (a lot of quality is lost in faxing). You may want to consider sending her filled-out PDFs, having her print and sign them, and then posting them back to you via DHL. You can then sign everything yourself and submit them as necessary. As for passport photos, get her to send you digital copies and go to a costco and have them printed and cut. I took photos of my wife while I was there (per the Dept of State guidelines) and printed them all out here.

3) I have extensively researched filing the K-1 so hopefully my paperwork will be solid and I will not run into problems, if I do my K-1 right do you think I will get approved at least to the consulate level? Or will my age and current occupation disqualify me?

Thanks!

Assuming there are no complications in your case, yes, I think you will get approved to the consulate level. Like I said above, the USCIS isn't an evaluation of feasibility: it's an evaluation of *eligibility.* The USCIS determines whether or not you have the right to request a visa for your spouse/fiancee. As long as you've submitted evidence of a bona fide relationship, they'll approve you. (This has been my overwhelming experience.) The consulate is an entirely different story: unfortunately, it is their job to determine whether or not your significant other gets a visa, and they will look very carefully for a reason to deny you. It is at that time that your financial situation will come under intense scrutiny, so just make sure you've got a valid co-signer. (I was in exactly your boat: my father signed an I-864A because I was still a student at the time.) Your age will not harm you in this process: I was 25 (my wife was 23) when I was married and I never felt that our youth was held against us.

Edited by spectheintro

Timeline

I cannot currently go back and aqd, I tried to do that while I was there, but ran into problems with the bloodwork as we were both on medication at the time and that would void the bloodwork. Furthermore, I felt that even though a CR-1 would save me more money, a fiance visa was the easiest and quickest way to bring her over in the shortest amount of time as well as the best option that fit my situation.

Furthermore, I never actually had an "engagement party", partly because after marrying in the US, I wanted to have a organized namzadi, aqd, and aroosi in Iran as well. I didn't want to 'rush' and half #### the engagement party. What I did was her mom (parents are divorced) gave me the approval to become engaged with her daughter and I bought her a diamond ring to represent the namzadi (for aqd or the wedding I would buy another ring). And I am having her send me a copy of that rings schenasnameh. Only problem is it's in persian and its not like the government of Iran will translate those types of documents.

She took passport photos along with some other photos yesterday and she is compiling a list of things I will need and once she receives the forms I mentioned earlier, she will send those all to me. Upon receiving these, I will organize the documents and they should be ready to be sent out 1-2 days later.

Timeline

I cannot currently go back and aqd, I tried to do that while I was there, but ran into problems with the bloodwork as we were both on medication at the time and that would void the bloodwork. Furthermore, I felt that even though a CR-1 would save me more money, a fiance visa was the easiest and quickest way to bring her over in the shortest amount of time as well as the best option that fit my situation.

Yeah, that bloodwork is a PITA. Anyhow, no harm done--if you're going with a K-1, you're going with a K-1.

Furthermore, I never actually had an "engagement party", partly because after marrying in the US, I wanted to have a organized namzadi, aqd, and aroosi in Iran as well. I didn't want to 'rush' and half #### the engagement party. What I did was her mom (parents are divorced) gave me the approval to become engaged with her daughter and I bought her a diamond ring to represent the namzadi (for aqd or the wedding I would buy another ring). And I am having her send me a copy of that rings schenasnameh. Only problem is it's in persian and its not like the government of Iran will translate those types of documents.

Ok, this sounds like you have some work to do. Are you going to have sufficient evidence to show a bona fide relationship and engagement? The embassy will be familiar with Iranian customs and will ask why you didn't throw an engagement party. This isn't a huge strike against you, but make sure you can show compelling evidence that you and your fiancee have been romantically involved for some time, and that your engagement is real. Get the diamond ring documentation translated--you don't need a government official, you just need someone certified by the government to translate Farsi into English. They're given a special notary seal: for our documentation, we used my wife's English professor at her university.

She took passport photos along with some other photos yesterday and she is compiling a list of things I will need and once she receives the forms I mentioned earlier, she will send those all to me. Upon receiving these, I will organize the documents and they should be ready to be sent out 1-2 days later.

Just make sure you have plenty of evidence that you two are in a real relationship. An affidavit from her mom (signed, translated) would probably help in this regard. The more evidence you can front-load, the better off you're going to be during the embassy visit!

Timeline

Yeah, that bloodwork is a PITA. Anyhow, no harm done--if you're going with a K-1, you're going with a K-1.

Ok, this sounds like you have some work to do. Are you going to have sufficient evidence to show a bona fide relationship and engagement? The embassy will be familiar with Iranian customs and will ask why you didn't throw an engagement party. This isn't a huge strike against you, but make sure you can show compelling evidence that you and your fiancee have been romantically involved for some time, and that your engagement is real. Get the diamond ring documentation translated--you don't need a government official, you just need someone certified by the government to translate Farsi into English. They're given a special notary seal: for our documentation, we used my wife's English professor at her university.

Just make sure you have plenty of evidence that you two are in a real relationship. An affidavit from her mom (signed, translated) would probably help in this regard. The more evidence you can front-load, the better off you're going to be during the embassy visit!

I have pictures of us together and the reason why we didn't throw an engagement party was more because we ran out of time and didn't want to rush it. I met her khalehs and shohar khalehs and was invited to their houses several times. And you know as well as I do in Iranian culture that is a big deal especially when the girl is from a more conservative part of Tehran.

By the time we reach the embassy stage, I might be in Iran again (as I assume it will be sometime in the summer) so worst case scenario we throw an engagement party prior to the interview in Turkey.

For the USCIS, I will send in pictures and phone bills to show as well as passport stamps on both my Iranian passport and US passport along with itinerary and ticket stubs. Once the application gets approved (God willing) I will focus on gathering the rest of the evidence translated for her interview.

I just want to pass step one first :yes:

I have one major question, do you know if the Turkey Embassy or Dubai Embassy accepts co-signer? Because more than likely I will need one as I do not have a job now.

Part 2 to that question, my parents are not happy at all about this and they said they will not co-sign (no I dont know if this is irani bazi or what) but lets say worst case scenario they do not co-sign, can I have my uncle or aunt co-sign for me? Or must the co-signer be from the immediate family?

I obviously am not a slouch, God willing I will have 2 degrees by April and be headed to Grad school. I will give her copies of my degrees for the interview and show that in the future (ie. 1-2 years from now) I will be able to provide for her along with a co-signer.

Right now that is my biggest worry, the co-signer

Edited by Persepolis

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The future earning potential will not matter. If your current income does not meet the requirement then you will need a joint sponsor. Any US citizen or Green Card holder can be a joint sponsor.

Follow the specific guidance you get from members that have also petitioned fiance(e)s from Iran. They can give you the true picture of what is expected. Each consulate has their idiosyncrasies that aren't listed on any form or official website.

It sounds like you've done a lot of research leading up to this point. Keep it up.

Best of luck to the both of you.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I have pictures of us together and the reason why we didn't throw an engagement party was more because we ran out of time and didn't want to rush it. I met her khalehs and shohar khalehs and was invited to their houses several times. And you know as well as I do in Iranian culture that is a big deal especially when the girl is from a more conservative part of Tehran.

By the time we reach the embassy stage, I might be in Iran again (as I assume it will be sometime in the summer) so worst case scenario we throw an engagement party prior to the interview in Turkey.

For the USCIS, I will send in pictures and phone bills to show as well as passport stamps on both my Iranian passport and US passport along with itinerary and ticket stubs. Once the application gets approved (God willing) I will focus on gathering the rest of the evidence translated for her interview.

I just want to pass step one first :yes:

Ok, good. :) Just wanted to make sure you're putting the most compelling case forward! Nothing is worse than having the embassy official express doubt.

I have one major question, do you know if the Turkey Embassy or Dubai Embassy accepts co-signer? Because more than likely I will need one as I do not have a job now.

Part 2 to that question, my parents are not happy at all about this and they said they will not co-sign (no I dont know if this is irani bazi or what) but lets say worst case scenario they do not co-sign, can I have my uncle or aunt co-sign for me? Or must the co-signer be from the immediate family?

I obviously am not a slouch, God willing I will have 2 degrees by April and be headed to Grad school. I will give her copies of my degrees for the interview and show that in the future (ie. 1-2 years from now) I will be able to provide for her along with a co-signer.

Right now that is my biggest worry, the co-signer

You won't interview in Dubai--only the Abu Dhabi consulate handles IVs. (And the K-1 is considered an IV, even though it's technically not one.) And yes, they will accept a co-signer, or at least they did for my wife's CR-1. (I did not go the K-1 route so I'm not sure if the standards change for that visa.)

Anh hit it right on the head. You need someone who has the requisite income to sign an affidavit of support. It doesn't have to be your parents, although if you're a part of the same household the paperwork is simpler (I-864A as opposed to a 2nd I-864). Future earning potential isn't important and they won't even ask you about it: all they care about is making sure someone is on the hook for her besides the US government.

Best of luck!

Edited by spectheintro

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

What if the passport stamps are in a different language and year? How does that work?

For example, going from here to Iran, you use your US passport till Germany or Amerstadam (whichever flight you choose), but entering Iran you have to use your iranian passport if your Iranian.

Only problem is the Iranian stamps are not in the normal Gregorian Year (aka 2011) they are in their own year (1390) and the numbers are in the persian language (ie. not Roman numbers)

So how will USCIS be able to tell I entered Iran within the last two years?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

^ I would just include a supplemental sheet explaining the use of two passports as well as the differences in calendars. If you'd like, I'm sure you could include a signed statement from a friend who speaks Persian and English that includes the translation of the numerals.

Reading this thread makes the visa sound really difficult for Iranians. My (now) husband and I had no problems during our K1 visa process. He was in AP for only 15 days. Perhaps the Kuala Lumpur embassy is easier than Anarka, but I just want to say don't be too worried! After you send the first packet, things get easier. :) Just make sure you have copies of everything you send.

I read too much on mohajersara during my husband's K1 journey and I regret getting so worked up. It sounds like you have everything figured out. Just get a solid co sponsor lined up and you'll be all set. :)

Oct. 19, 2010: Sent I-129F packet

Oct. 25, 2010: NOA1

Nov. 05, 2010: Touched

Mar. 01, 2011: Went to Malaysia to be with my fiancé

Mar. 30, 2011: NOA2!

Apr. 08, 2011: Case left NVC

Apr. 12, 2011: Case received by embassy in KL

Apr. 19, 2011: Received Packet 3

May 04, 2011: Received Packet 4

May 06, 2011: Medical examination

May 26, 2011: Interview

RESULT: Administrative Processing

Jun. 18, 2011: Visa received

POE: June 27 @ San Francisco, CA

Married: July 20, 2011

Timeline

^ I would just include a supplemental sheet explaining the use of two passports as well as the differences in calendars.

I don't know, I feel like I would then get an RFE asking for an official translation of the stamps. As of right now I am going to send them in as is and contact the Iranian Consulate in Washington and ask for the translation papers they want 40 dollars and for me to fill out some form. I'll do that and in case I get an RFE I will be ready.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.