gretchen_darren

trying to be upbeat

225 posts in this topic

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:thumbs: yehey! for both of you, time to celebrate. :dance:

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

HansFranz.jpg

Do you see me now Mr. Girlie Man?! Do you see me now?!

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

A lot of this week has been lessons to my in-laws about how I am more then anything else going on. I am planting a firm understanding in their mind on things. this week is the one week I really get to show them EXACTLY how I am.

So, you took her parents to Manila not out of love, not to give them a chance to experience Manila, not for them to have a special trip with their daughter, not for you all to have one last time together before she leaves, not so they can be there to support their daughter; but so they can see exactly how you are.

:(

EXACTLY !!!

+1... B_J :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not about the money, money, money
We don't need your money, money, money
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Dont be so mean and rude to yor wife's parents lol. It doesn't mean that they are poor and need a help from you means they are money grabbing people. Just help as much as you can, tell to your wife what's your deal and let her explain that to her parents nicely. No need to show them an attitude :) .

My husband knows how much I love and dear to me my family in the Philippines, and he respect that. We send $300 monthly to them as part of our monthly budget. It was sooo awkward to me before until I got a job and making atleast $1400 to $1600 a month. Thanks to my job lol.

Congrats Btw... hope you'll recieve the visa soon !

Edited by John&Juvy
SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Now, Gretchen's JOURNEY will begin. Goodluck...to Gretchen.

Poor little girl...

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Congrats on the approval Darren and Gretchen. :thumbs: just trying to stick to the theme of the title of this thread. recently, there was been so much negativity. come on people, how bout some good vibes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

:wow::o

When I attended my CFO seminar (SMEF-COW), the guidance councilor is quit tough on some people, even this one lady is telling that her flight will be later afternoon, the councilor even careless hehe and that's what I call sticking to the rules, she need a document then give it or else you'll get no sticker. Good luck to Gretchen most importantly.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, let's be clear here

1) the agreement was after I BECAME part of the family, not before. There was no way I was going to help them improve BEFORE I was part of the family. The condition was IF Gretchen and I get married. AND we talked about a boat AFTER the engagment WHEN Gretchen and I had already decided to marry. I wanted to know know the families needs and how to help improve the family.

2) I try no to be a "kow-it-all" I still have a lot to learn. there is a lot I do not know. However, I am not one of those "can't do people". I like to say it will be done, and get it done.

3) I brought her parents here to Manila to be with their daughter through the process. Spend some time with her. See Manila, but also to show them how conservative I am on money as well. How I do not just throw money around like people think Americans do. I wanted to treat them well. But also show I could follow papa po leadership. This is more about me being submissive to papa ko leadership then me being "THE MAN". This is showing I can follow in papa ko footsteps. This is a very diifficult week for me because I am taking care of her parents as well as her, but at the same time working to make papa ko feel as if he is the leader.

4) thanks for all of the congrats. gretchen has been reading the threads and seeing what I have written as well as others. She is getting a kick out of some of the things. I think the hard part os using the right words to explain the right things. My goal is to help her family up to earn better, to support them to have a better lifestyle without needing monthly support from us in the USA. It requires a longer committment then just walking in and handing over money. But once you life up a person to erning more, it just cascades through any people. My goal is to lift up a person or two at a time in the village. It will take years, anad very concentrated effort. And lots and lots of patience. but once the snowball starts rolling downhill, it will make sense. All a lot of people have seen here, is just someone coming in and fixing this, fixing that, giving them some food, and then leaving. My goa l is not to leave, but to put in the support structure so they can lift up themselves. It will take longer, spend more money, but in the end, it will change the lives of future generations. I don't want to just change the lives of her parents, or of the family clan. I want to change the lives of the children's children as well.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.